A lurker says hello

DalisClock

I've been playing this game for a few years now, since around version .24. Working on it off and on between other games(and projects). Found this board about a year ago and until very recently, have been content with just reading the existing threads to figure out how to play better(and some of these threads have helped a lot). I'm still coming to grips with the new flight model from 1.0, which has caused me some grief with some of the huge rockets I've needed to put big pieces into orbit.

My attempt to build an interplanetary transfer vessel prompted me to post here finally, and hopefully will help me fix my problem or build a better ship that actually can reach another planet without much trouble.

Hello DalisClock, and welcome to the forums!

I'm always happy to welcome another lurker into our community.

Having been a lurker for that long, I'm sure you know where to look and/or post in order to get the help you need.

Happy landings!

Welcome! I used to lurk here a bit, but I never had an account. After 1.0 I made one though. It really is a great community. I saw your ship and it has a hugely offset CoM, as many others said. I usually double up on landers for safety in my hypothetical designs.

Welcome! I used to lurk here a bit, but I never had an account. After 1.0 I made one though. It really is a great community. I saw your ship and it has a hugely offset CoM, as many others said. I usually double up on landers for safety in my hypothetical designs.

Appreciate the feedback.

Since this was my first manned(kerbaled?) mission to duna, I really only had a few goals in mind for this trip.

1.) Test out such a large design(the largest ship I've ever built) and see how it performs on an interplanetary mission. Prior to this, I've only done a single robot satellite/lander combo to Duna, which was always planned as a one way trip.

2.) Land the first Kerbals on another planet.

3.) Test a series of different landers in an atmosphere, including parachute performance. Thus why each lander is different. I also wanted to test my ability to put landers as close to a specified landing zone as possible(which is tricky with an atmosphere causing drag).