Question about Contracts

After upgrading my Mission Control building to level 3, I thought I would get an unlimited amount of contracts. However it's stuck at 14 and I don't get new contracts available unless I finish (or cancel) an active contract. Some of the contracts I have are long term (get to Duna, Ike, probe in an orbit around Kerbol, etc.) and I'd like to keep picking up contracts while I'm trying to fulfill those. I have been sitting for a while, shuttling Kerbals to the Mun and Minmus to get experience. Maybe the contract system is trying to encourage me to hurry up and get to Duna?

My question is: Are available contracts actually limited to 14, or is does my KSP have a bug?

Edited by FastMINI42

I guess it should be mentionned too that you can edit that number in contracts.cfg ( gamedata/squad/contracts) The line is AverageAvailableContracts=n

I also think 14 is not enough. Mine is at 20 these days and I find it more enjoyable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.