(1.0.4 Compatible) SSP: Space Shuttle Program (On Hold for Internal Reorganization)

Sampa

Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Should we split the Shuttle into parts like the CSS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
    • What's CSS?

I will write up a proposed idea for the mod, short mid and long term goals, and a worklist"plan of action" if I get time tonight.

I may leave the work distribution up to sampa and daedaelus to lighten the workload for them

Dont know where i can post this tho

Okay, I really want you guys to succeed on this! Let me know if I can help.
I will write up a proposed idea for the mod, short mid and long term goals, and a worklist"plan of action" if I get time tonight.

I may leave the work distribution up to sampa and daedaelus to lighten the workload for them

Dont know where i can post this tho

Thanks, i think it may be better for you to do that..i got a migraine atm

update:

ET rescale issue fixed

stock aero control removed from all control surfaces

pitch authority increased

strengths increased

to do:

scale FAR wing area UP to RO size

shift wing lift forward closer to COM

rename mesh in tail to comply with FAR inbuilt code looking for mesh name

increase reaction torque

figure out why moduleengineFX isn't showing rcs thrust

update:

ET rescale issue fixed

stock aero control removed from all control surfaces

pitch authority increased

strengths increased

scale FAR wing area UP to RO size

shift wing lift forward closer to COM

rename mesh in tail to comply with FAR inbuilt code looking for mesh name

increase reaction torque

to do:

figure out why moduleengineFX isn't showing rcs thrust

Downloading... and tested:

Great job Mike, now it flies really well, during ascent and re-entry too, atmospheric flight almost perfect.

In vacuum there are a couple of issues, first the OMS tends to produce a phantom thrust, also at 0% of throttle. To avoid it I needed to deactivate the OMS between maneuvers and second, the RCS now it's not working at all, I don't know the reason.

On a side note, I suggest to add Stock Bug Fix mod from Claw as a suggested mod. While the STS is a single piece, it's possible (it happened to me one time on three test) that the overheathing bug will occur, cause the KSP heat system doesn't like big parts attached to little parts. So, If I launch the STS with some science parts in the cargo bay, or something composed by little parts, they will explode due to overheating.

Btw, the atmospheric side is done in my opinion.

Edited by Nansuchao

Yes it is. The real Space Shuttle wasn't easy to flight. During one of the firsts STS missions, NASA asked to the pilot to stall the Orbiter after the heating part of the re-enter, to test the stability of the shuttle. The pilot refused. Who flow the Shuttle said that he flies like a iron...

Btw, in FAR, this shuttle is just a little difficult, nothing an average player can't maneage. To be a shuttle it flies really well...

Yes it is. The real Space Shuttle wasn't easy to flight. During one of the firsts STS missions, NASA asked to the pilot to stall the Orbiter after the heating part of the re-enter, to test the stability of the shuttle. The pilot refused. Who flow the Shuttle said that he flies like a iron...

Btw, in FAR, this shuttle is just a little difficult, nothing an average player can't maneage. To be a shuttle it flies really well...

The space shuttle was said to be more aerodynamic while flying backwards so it actually was a piece of crap xd

The space shuttle was said to be more aerodynamic while flying backwards so it actually was a piece of crap xd

What he says...

Btw, also checking the FAR values in SPH, the shuttle is great. All green, fur subsonic, supersonic and hypersonic speed. With every spaceplane, in Far, you need some help by the SAS control, setted on Prograde under 60 km (in RO), under 50 (in stock) or from RCS. The real STS used RCS (hydrazine) to stabilize the flight until the approach and landing.

Dnaha, want me to include you as a dedicated tester? The more we have the fewer the bugs.

I don't really have the time to be a dedicated tester with school and all but I can occasionally test a few stuff if needed.

Btw, Happy Birtday!!! Your e mods are great!!

Thank you so much

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's a stock bug, exacerbated by Far. DRE and Stock Bug Fix helps solving this problem, partially.

Btw, Happy Birtday!!!

Thank you x2

What he says...

Btw, also checking the FAR values in SPH, the shuttle is great. All green, fur subsonic, supersonic and hypersonic speed. With every spaceplane, in Far, you need some help by the SAS control, setted on Prograde under 60 km (in RO), under 50 (in stock) or from RCS. The real STS used RCS (hydrazine) to stabilize the flight until the approach and landing.

Wow they are? Wikid!. Far never shows anything for me. Like it doesnt recognise any aero objects. Must reinstall...

- - - Updated - - -

Happy birthday Mike

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Downloading the most recent update finally. Will see how it is and report back. Also, happy birthday Mike!:D

Cool. And thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Happy b-day mike!

Woot. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Sampa, I made an aplication when this thread opened and still haven't got a reply. What should I do about it?

I think sampa is busy with exams and daedaelus is away for a while