Most Annoying thing in KSP

ThePULSAR

my biggest 1.0 pet peeve?

exploding decouplers/staging.   why must kerbals insist on packing those small bolts with such huge packages of explosives?

seriously, the explosions are huge, then almost 1/2 the time, instead of pushing it away, the next stage immediately overheats and explodes the dropped parts.

On 9/22/2015 at 1:50 PM, Farex said:

The Game crashing on starting with mods is understandable and to be expected.

But I had this happen to me stock. Just after installing KSP anew when 1.04 came out. After that crash I put my mods in - worked.

I think a bigger issue is that there's no way for you to know which mod is causing it. When it happens in stock, it's even worse. 

Sorry late to this party but ive a few.

1. Mechjeb is still not stock. It needs to be stock. That would end the is it cheating bs instantly. Also it does everything ker does AND it has automation.

2. Procedural Fairings are not stock. Sorry but the stock "fairings" are not intuitive, are not easy at all to use, cannot be duplicated easily, do not act like real world fairings during separation. No real fairing turns into confetti. Ever.

3. The horrible "cannot activate engine while stowed" mechanic. Sorry, this is a BAD mechanic. Needs to be removed. Proof its bad? Real world rockets activate engines whilst stowed. Soyuz hot stages, apollo engaged a stage before the fairing was jettisoned. 

Edited by AlamoVampire

20 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

Sorry late to this party but ive a few.

1. Mechjeb is still not stock. It needs to be stock. That would end the is it cheating bs instantly. Also it does everything ker does AND it has automation.

2. Procedural Fairings are not stock. Sorry but the stock "fairings" are not intuitive, are not easy at all to use, cannot be duplicated easily, do not act like real world fairings during separation. No real fairing turns into confetti. Ever.

3. The horrible "cannot activate engine while stowed" mechanic. Sorry, this is a BAD mechanic. Needs to be removed. Proof its bad? Real world rockets activate engines whilst stowed. Soyuz hot stages, apollo engaged a stage before the fairing was jettisoned. 

1 - Well, all you have to do is tell those people who say Mechjeb is cheating: 
"Well, then you should only do all your missions in IVA,cause controlling your vessel from the outside is also cheating."

2 - This goes along the good old process of, instead of giving users the feature they want, let's make our own half assed version of it that sorta does what mod XYZ does, but not quite. But enough to keep the bulk of users who don't want to use mods from complaining.

3 - Yup. I find funny that, regardless of how many examples several users pointed in a thread from some time ago, I'm pretty sure the whole 'I know better than you what you think you want' mentality still is strong amongst some devs.

Most annoying thing? 

1.05! 

Why? Because it runs half as slow on my pc even on lower settings than 1.04

Add docking ports and kerbins atmosphere turns to honey

Ive been with this game since 0.23 so ive got the option to revert back to 1.04

And I do... Happily

Only to find some inconsiderate person has updated a mod I use now it wont work in 1.04 and not provided to link to a previous version by not using github

Some are lucky to get a warning box about 1.05 like KAS and KIS

Others..not so lucky

I get water physics..I love boats too

I dont love this

Edited by Overland

i just thought of something else.

the adjustment sliders.  ever try to change the thrust on anything? or w/e setting.

good luck trying to get the number you actually want.

you want to throttle that engine to 50%?  nope, you can have 49.5, or 50.5, but NOT 50.

The slowdowns caused by parts count, and the lack of (stock) tools to remedy such problems.
Since 0.25 it progressively became worse and worse, such as my 200 parts craft lagging as much as my old 450 parts one.

We should be able to take the body of a ship (Tanks of any type of propellant + RCS + Nosecones) and make it ONE part.  RCS Jets/Engines/docking ports could not, but we'd save a ton on fuel tanks/SAS alone.
Lack of electric Propellers, and no way to easily edit the tech tree comes in close second.

Barring that, I'm hoping for 1,1 and we'll work our way from there.

Edited by Francois424

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.