Question about Extraplanetary Launchpads

nicx274

I modified the .cfg files for the storage containers so they hold more rocket parts, so i didnt have to have as many containers. However it made my ship weigh so much that i cant get it off the ground. So i was wondering if anybody knows how to change the mass of the adjustable "rocket parts", not the container, so that when i fill the container, it doesnt weigh so much. I have looked and looked, but i have yet to find out how.

Look for a Resources config where the resource "rocketparts" itself is defined and lower its density - I think it might be in the Community Resource Pack configs.

Thanks i found it! however now that i modified it, my loading screen stop halfway :/

Please don't muck with CRP, since the whole point is that it's consistent cross-mod and messing with it will cause bad (or at least unexpected) things to happen.

Also, your princess is in another castle on this one, since (as I recall), EL is mass based, not quantity based. So you will still have to haul up 100t of rocket parts to make a 100t ship.

If you want to locally change anything in CRP, use a ModuleManager script. Something like this:

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[LiquidFuel]:FINAL
{
@density = 0.001
@unitCost *= 0.2
}

This ensures that any errors you get (loading stops, that sort of thing) are quickly recoverable and/or easily fixed. Modifying the base mod files in CRP just means you'll end up reinstalling it multiple times.

Put that sort of thing in a personal config file somewhere in your GameData directory. For instance, I keep local changes in a file at "<KSP root>/GameData/justin/script.cfg"

Please don't muck with CRP, since the whole point is that it's consistent cross-mod and messing with it will cause bad (or at least unexpected) things to happen.

Nothing says we can't do personalized balancing to-taste when we know what mods we want and how they affect each other. CRP is great for centralizing modders' work, but everyone has their own play style.

Other options which are less likely to break things:

Davon Supply Mod with a MM config to supply RocketParts; then you can just click a button and pay for an unseen private contractor to deliver RocketParts (and/or fuel, or whatever resources you want) to your space station. In career it costs money; in sandbox there's no money so you have to fill it up yourself a few times.

Routine Mission Manager - fly a delivery run once, then click a button and have it repeat. The delivery ship just appears, no waiting. This gives you an incentive to design an efficient delivery ship (so the resupply costs less), but then you don't have to suffer through 20 resupply missions. You can also recover it automatically.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.