Calculate Semi-Major Axis

Yes, 1/2 is one half (in other words, divide the whole thing by 2)

So:

Perogee + Apogee + (2*Radius) and then divide the whole thing in half?

Kerbin = 600km
Mun = 200km
Minmus = 60km (small!)

EDIT: I did my calculations for a orbit of exactly 99km and the result it 699km for the SMA. To use it for the save file, it takes it in metres so Result*1000.

Perogee + Apogee + (2*Radius) and then divide the whole thing in half?

That\'s correct. At least, that is what I was attempting to convey (I derived that myself, so I can\'t guarantee its correctness, but I\'m like 98% sure it\'s right)

That\'s correct. At least, that is what I was attempting to convey (I derived that myself, so I can\'t guarantee its correctness, but I\'m like 98% sure it\'s right)

\

Thanks! I tried it with the editing of my save file and then I realized my two space stations are in the same exact spot. :P

My basic and limited understanding is that the 'major axis' is the axis that runs thru the apoapsis and periapsis, and semi-major axis is just half that distance. So you could possibly add the elevation of your periapsis to the elevation of your apoapsis, divide that in half, and that would give you the elevation of your semi-major axis. Please by all means correct me if I am wrong. I am not a math whiz.

My basic and limited understanding is that the 'major axis' is the axis that runs thru the apoapsis and periapsis, and semi-major axis is just half that distance.

That\'s correct. However, in the game, (as far as I know), apoapsis and periapsis are measured from the surface of the body. If so, then the length of the major axis is apoapsis altitude plus periapsis altitude, plus the diameter of the planet; and then the semimajor axis would be half that.

If apoapsis and periapsis are measured from the center of the body, then the formula you described is correct.