Kerbal Space Program Fanart

Pariah

Hey guys, Im finally posting some pictures from a (still work-in-progress) project of mine.

3D printed Kerbal figurines:

1MJ26h.jpg

eAnobh.jpg

2R1tyh.jpg

LHGpp.jpg

F0mIX.jpg

Ive made a discussion thread for the project if you have comments/questions etc

You can find it here - http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=11954.0

Wait, that\'s done with plastic, right?

As far as I understand, that;s how 3D printers work.

Wait, that\'s done with plastic, right?

As far as I understand, that;s how 3D printers work.

Kinda. Its made of 2 different materials all up. The Kerbal and helmet are printed in a sandstone material, which is stronger than youd think and has a nice resin finish (Im going to spray them with gloss to see if it makes them even better). The visor is printed separate to the character and helmet, in a plastic material which is slightly transparent. I designed the visor very carefully to \'slot\' into the helmet and then be held there with little extruded plugs, to allow for flexibility - ie being able to have the kerbal wearing a helmet, without a visor, or with a visor. Plus it had to be done that way anyway, since the company I had them printed with dont do prints with more than 1 material (the printers can only print 1 material at a time)

Having said all of that though, I could get the model 3D printed in a bunch of different materials - various different plastics, ceramics, and even metals (stainless steel, gold plated, bronze, sterling silver). It really comes down to what company your printing with, and what materials they have available.

Something I am working on out of boredom.

You have something against Harv? Har= Wandering Vest= Lump.

HarvesteR is a wandering lump? Just kidding of course. Just one question, where did Tokonian come from? Wouldn\'t it be The Kerbal Language?

You have something against Harv? Har= Wandering Vest= Lump.

HarvesteR is a wandering lump? Just kidding of course. Just one question, where did Tokonian come from? Wouldn\'t it be The Kerbal Language?

Heh, I showed Wandering Lump to harv and he liked it, so no harm done ;P

As for Tokonian, notice that Tok and Ona are on there. It\'s the old world language of Kerbin, akin to earth\'s Latin.

Heh, I showed Wandering Lump to harv and he liked it, so no harm done ;P

As for Tokonian, notice that Tok and Ona are on there. It\'s the old world language of Kerbin, akin to earth\'s Latin.

Ahh I see. I figured you were going to say there was a race before the Kerbals, and they all died out and the Kerbals retained the language.

Ahh I see. I figured you were going to say there was a race before the Kerbals, and they all died out and the Kerbals retained the language.

'...and we shall call it...this land!'

Edit: Unrelated

YFJs1.png

'...and we shall call it...this land!'

Edit: Unrelated

YFJs1.png

Don\'t worry - we\'re not any better. Inuit (a major Aboriginal tribe here in Canada) in their language means 'our people'. Their capital city, where most of them live, is Iqaluit ('our village'). And their language? Inuktitut - 'Our language'.

Come to think of it...

Quebec - place where the river (St. Lawrence) narrows

Ontario - beautiful lake

Toronto - A lot of people

Yeh, pretty unoriginal.

Don\'t worry - we\'re not any better. Inuit (a major Aboriginal tribe here in Canada) in their language means 'our people'. Their capital city, where most of them live, is Iqaluit ('our village'). And their language? Inuktitut - 'Our language'.

Come to think of it...

Quebec - place where the river (St. Lawrence) narrows

Ontario - beautiful lake

Toronto - A lot of people

Yeh, pretty unoriginal.

heck even Canada means village or settlement in the Iroquois language.

heck even Canada means village or settlement in the Iroquois language.

Yes, you\'re right. However, something wrong with that statement.

1. There are no such thing as Iroquois. That means 'rattlesnake', and is a name given to them by their enemies. They prefer to be called Mohawk.