Lights Won't Change Color

Really? that seems weird. it'd be nice to light my ship up like a christmas tree!

Well, you can still get some pretty effects by placing lights on your ship so that it self-illuminates.

I've long wished for a mod that would give me one very simple part: indicator lights. An indicator light would be a very small, "massless" part that is surface-attachable and would be both cheap and very low in the tech tree. It doesn't actually cast any light, it just lights up (like the windows on the Mk2 cockpit). Color is tweakable. It has a toggle action that by default goes in the "lights" action group.

Basically, it would just be a cosmetic part, but I can think of lots of uses, mainly when grouped with some other piece of equipment in an action group. For example, an indicator to show when an engine or whatever is toggled on or off.

Aviation lights and surface lights mods would help you.

Both of those have emissives. He specifically said he didn't want it to cast light. (Albeit, the NavLights emissive is very low while the Beacon Lights/Strobes are very bright)

Though you could make a request of Aviation Lights. I believe they are controlled by their own plugin so you could ask the author to create a tweakable to disable the emissive.

EDIT: Looking at it in-game again, I'm not sure Aviation Lights texture changes either. I think the apparent change is merely because of the emissive. I'm not certain of this.

Edited by Alshain

Both of those have emissives. He specifically said he didn't want it to cast light. (Albeit, the NavLights emissive is very low while the Beacon Lights/Strobes are very bright)

Though you could make a request of Aviation Lights. I believe they are controlled by their own plugin so you could ask the author to create a tweakable to disable the emissive.

EDIT: Looking at it in-game again, I'm not sure Aviation Lights texture changes either. I think the apparent change is merely because of the emissive. I'm not certain of this.

I can t seem to see the part where he says he doesn t want them to cast light :S

However I see the part where he wishes to transform his ships into christmas tree. In that matter the mods mentionned would surely help as I do just that all the time. All my ships are christmas tree like :D

KSP_ApturXmasTree.jpg

Edit: Oh and regarding aviation lights it was more aimed at Snark's wish.

Edit Edit: And now I see that the one who doesn't want them to cast light is Snark and not OP..

Edited by Nookos

Never said I don't *want* them to cast light, just that I don't need them to. For one thing, I'm not running a super high-end machine, and I suspect that adding lots of emissive lights would eat into the framerate-- whereas a simple non-emissive would presumably be a lighter load on the GPU.

In any case, thanks for the mod pointers, will take a look!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.