Space Shuttle [SSP] for KSP

Mike-NZ

10 hours ago, Natskyge said:

Quick question, it might be me being a noob and all but how do you download the mod now, the new instructions posted are a bit unclear, do i just download the required mods and pop the provided file ( CrasyESP's ) into the game date folder?

CrazyESP's link has a "NASA-Pack" folder, in it is "GameData" - just drop the contents of GameData into your GameData folder and that should do it

• 3 weeks later...
On 9. jan. 2016 at 9:27 AM, CrazyESP said:

Hello guys and happy new year. 

Back to work in a few days.

Ro patch wont work until we fix the ferram 3d and colliders bug that the beta and previous versions  have.Thats why we were looking for a 3d editor and he is currentlly working on the new collider parts for the new versión.

I expect to release the ferram compatible  soon, if all the patches work fine.Sorry for the delay in replay but hollydays are hollydays. 

How is the ferram aerospace compatabilty going?

4 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Hello to all.

Any config files around that add the ablator values to this mod????

Thanks for any info.

Cheers.

@PART[STS*,km_ssme_STS]:FINAL
{
	@maxTemp = 2600
	%skinMaxTemp = 9500
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAblator
		ablativeResource = Ablator
		lossExp = -7500
		lossConst = 0.1
		pyrolysisLossFactor = 6000
		reentryConductivity = 0.01
		ablationTempThresh = 500
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Ablator
		amount = 7500
		maxAmount = 7500
	}

}

Probably overpowered to boot, but you can tone (ablator) it down to your liking. Your results may vary due to mod version or FAR or etc.  This code will add ablator to every part ever that would be exposed to the heating.

Thank you all for your input.  for further questions, I will allow tristonwilson to inform you of changes or fixes due to my lack of time to keep up to date on this.  I am, however, keeping in contact with him.  Also, sDaze, thank you for that video!

13 hours ago, lextacy said:

@PART[STS*,km_ssme_STS]:FINAL
{
	@maxTemp = 2600
	%skinMaxTemp = 9500
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAblator
		ablativeResource = Ablator
		lossExp = -7500
		lossConst = 0.1
		pyrolysisLossFactor = 6000
		reentryConductivity = 0.01
		ablationTempThresh = 500
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Ablator
		amount = 7500
		maxAmount = 7500
	}

}

Probably overpowered to boot, but you can tone (ablator) it down to your liking. Your results may vary due to mod version or FAR or etc.  This code will add ablator to every part ever that would be exposed to the heating.

Many thanks.

I appreciate your help and this file.  It shows me how to fix other items i have problems with as well.

Again, thanks

Cheers.

sorry all. ive been a bit busy. ill get to all your questions soon

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 6:16 AM, lextacy said:

I cant seem to find the official STS blue launch towers that are pictured in the front page. They are really well done but cannot find them in my parts pack to test them out. Am I really going that crazy?

with KerbalKonstructs broken. we have not released he new versions

3 hours ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

sorry all. ive been a bit busy. ill get to all your questions soon

with KerbalKonstructs broken. we have not released he new versions

I have my version fixed, I used some code that allowed the assets to show in 1.0.5  

21 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

I'm not releasing anything until 1.1 regarding the Launch sites :)

fair enough , I can live with the crawlers for now. They are beautifully done in the modeling of you really do those from scratch! I heard from reports that the crawlers actually drive. Mine just sit there?  AM i missing a dependency for the truck/tracks?

On 2/16/2016 at 4:02 PM, drtedastro said:

Many thanks.

I appreciate your help and this file.  It shows me how to fix other items i have problems with as well.

Again, thanks

Cheers.

New info.

The config did work, but,,,, the amount of ablator added (7500) make the shuttle so heavy (took weight up from 170t to 327t lift off weight).  I toned it down to 350 and it only added a few ton.  worked great. many thanks.

cheers.

1 hour ago, drtedastro said:

New info.

The config did work, but,,,, the amount of ablator added (7500) make the shuttle so heavy (took weight up from 170t to 327t lift off weight).  I toned it down to 350 and it only added a few ton.  worked great. many thanks.

cheers.

Welcome !  Yea haha I did that cuz i was burning up during re-entry. This I guess was due to me having the shuttle version that was not done by Mike. MikeNZ re-did the aero/thermodynamics I suppose and now 7500 ablator is definitely overkill. Glad to be of help

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.