Start new save

Experience lag in KSC

Go into editor - no lag

Return to KSC - lag

I'm not really able to video, sorry.

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlbhc8a4i5mjstp/Player.log?dl=0

Other Notes:

Normally I just fix a problem myself or remove the offending mod, but I'm not even certain which mod (if any) is offending in this case. If I had even the foggiest idea I'd just mess with it myself. Anyway, KSC (and Mission Control, Astronaut Complex, Admin Building, and Research Center) are crazy lagged in career mode only. Otherwise they work fine or aren't open. Regular flight, VAB, SPH, and tracking station are all 100% fine with no problems.

After visiting the KSPI thread, I learned that this is a conflict with AJE. The two conflict at this time.

Edited by irbisgreif
Adding the 'solution'.

I haven’t checked memory usage (normally memory problems kill me in flight if I've overmodded, not at KSC).

Checked it, though, here's my results.

At menu, 82 to 83%.

At KSC on sandbox (no interface lag), 84 to 85%

At KSC in career (interface is laggy), 82 to 83%

Well, that's not very informative.

---

As for swap space, I've got something like 50-70gB. Don't remember the exact value but there's plenty.

I've tried messing with mods that affect KSC screens in some way (SKB, CTT) and ones known for performance hits (scatterer, reflection, texture management) and I'm coming up blank. Can anyone see a mod that would affect KSC only during career mode? This is really, really vexing - I've spent my whole "weekend" trying to get it working xD.

Did you look in the player.log? There is a large amount of exception spam apparently coming from KSPInterstellar:

Cannot find module 'ModuleResourceIntake' (-859566458)

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[KSP Interstellar] Exception caught adding to: ramAirIntake part: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FNPlugin.PluginHelper.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

...is repeated very rapidly, over and over, for a number of different air intake parts. This is why the game is running slow though I don't know why it is happening so you might want to ask in the Interstellar thread and/or the thread for whatever mod FNPlugin is a part of (assuming it isn't also Interstellar).

I'm giving it a try without KSPI in, to see if that has any effect.

Any idea why these exceptions wouldn't appear in exception detector when I installed it, or why they'd be causing slowness only at KSC and only during career mode?

---

Edit: Yeah, removing KSPI solved it. I'll go ask them for info. If I learn anything more, I'll return here and share what I discover.

- - - Updated - - -

I learned that KSPI and AJE conflict at this time. Thank you Padishar for helping me figure this out. The cause is unclear but being investigated by the KSPI guys.

Edited by irbisgreif
more info

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.