[1.1.3] MKS Lite - A lighter, friendlier colonization mod from USI [0.4.4]

RoverDude

After the most recent update from CKAN, my base is hemorrhaging supplies. My life support window clicks down by (exactly) two hours every game second. Should I not have updated a game with a working base? Any idea where to start troubleshooting? WHAT IF MY LITTLE KERBALS DIE???

Okay, maybe got carried away there. I turned the hab and supply effects off for vets, so they'll be okay, I imagine.

Oh, second issue: My Scout agricultural modules say "not enough crew (0/1)." I'm okay with the idea of needing crew in there to work them, but I can't transfer crew into them and they don't have outside doors. 

Thanks again for all you do...

----------------------------------------------

It seems to do with occupancy. I've got a simple base with a lander attached and two Kerbals resident. When I add a new Kerbal to the lander can, that's when the resources start dropping.

snW8X5F.png

---------------------------------------- Another day, another edit -------------------------------------

Is this actually the expected behavior? If I move any kerbal anywhere but the hab (which means the lander can or the science lab), I start losing resources like crazy. I've got 13,500 supplies, which I would expect to last at a year without the agricultural modules, but I've read that those rates have changed significantly with the last update. Does one Kerbal outside the hab really consume 7200 times as much resource as three inside it? Can't be, can it?

Thanks again,

Perry

Edited by Perry Apsis

On 2/16/2016 at 10:37 AM, goldenpsp said:

Yea to each their own.  I like going straight to the repositories as a new mod will show up without Roverdude having to update the catalog page.

Which I do on occasion :)  Tho I'm hitting the point where all of the bits I had in mind are either stock, or already done.  Exceptions being the Malemute (coming soon) and some new base parts.

Retractable, motorized wheel. I'm half-way to Heaven. Now, if only there were some sort of self-contained light source that made the exterior of the base feel like home...

It's a funny thing, really, but it's hard for me to capture the emotional impact of those lights. They feel so right.

Edited by Perry Apsis

Hey, all.

Can anyone help me understand why my supplies go down by something like two hours every second if I put a Kerbal into my lander can or Scout Comm-Lab, but not if I put one into my Scout hab module or mobile processing lab? 

Thanks,

Perry

7 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Probably due to the recyclers - can you post more info and maybe screenshots?

So glad you asked!

2WaJNoh.png

Some things to note:

1. One of those rovers is an MPL.
2. The other rover demonstrates what I had to go through because there wasn't a powered, retractable wheel. Actually worked pretty well at reducing the size of my fairing.
3. Sorry about what I did with the Sunflower. It was kind of a joke, but it turned out to be useful, however aesthetically unpleasing it may be. Next supply ship will have a handful, and my base will look like a botanical garden.

So, anyway, my time-to-live goes up by five seconds or so every second when all my Kerbals are in the MPL or hab. If I transfer one to the Comm module or lander can, the clock starts clicking down by something close to two hours every second. I don't understand the counting down, but then, I don't understand the counting up, either, so there's clearly something I'm not getting.

Thanks for your help with this, and thanks of course for the whole USI suite.

35 minutes ago, speedwaystar said:

a query regarding TAC support in MKS-Lite:

RiMeU6d.png

EA4nvQy.png

shouldn't these be showing food & oxygen (instead of supplies) and waste (instead of mulch)?

this is with MKS-Lite + TAC, and without USI-LS installed.

Not sure if it applies to MKS-L but the big brother MKS has always been a "bring your own storage" situation regarding TAC-LS

21 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Not sure if it applies to MKS-L but the big brother MKS has always been a "bring your own storage" situation regarding TAC-LS

here's my ModuleManager bandaid fix to the Agriculture Module. it replaces USI-LS resources with TAC-LS resources, and adds the TAC-LS LifeSupportModule, it also fixes the problem where the the Ag Module can't be entered after deployment, despite needing crew to operate it.

// assumptions: AgricultureModule is intended to have CrewCapacity = 1
@PART[*_AgModule]:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Supplies]]
{
	%CrewCapacity = 0			// undeployed
	%CrewCapacityDeployed = 1	// minimum needed to staff the structure, but might be more?

// add CrewCapacity on deployment so kerbals can enter it
    @MODULE[USIAnimation]:HAS[#animationName[Deploy]]
	{
		%inflatable = true
		%InflatedResourceThreshold = 100
		%CrewCapacity = #$/CrewCapacityDeployed$
    }

// add TAC life support
	MODULE
	{
		name = LifeSupportModule
	}

// add TAC resources
	!RESOURCE[Supplies] {}
	RESOURCE
    {
		name = Food
        amount = 0
        // MKS-Lite provdes 200 supplies, enough for 1 kerbal for ~12 days
        // this is 4x as much as the standard TAC-LS allowance
		@maxAmount = 1.097 // enough for 1 kerbal for 3 days
		@maxAmount *=4 // enough for 1 kerbal for 12 days
        isTweakable = True
	}
    RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxygen
		maxAmount = 111.038
        @maxAmount *=4
		amount = #$maxAmount$
        isTweakable = True
	}
    RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0.725
		@maxAmount *=4
        isTweakable = True
	}	
}

i'm not sure if the CrewCapacity should be 1 (needed to activate the recycle) or more. anyone?

as for the Hab Module:

// assumptions: deployed HabModule is intended to have a CrewCapacity of 4
@PART[MKSL_HabModule]:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Supplies]]
{
	%CrewCapacityDeployed = 4

// add TAC life support
	MODULE
	{
		name = LifeSupportModule
	}

// add TAC resources
	!RESOURCE[Supplies] {}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Food
        amount = 0
        // MKS-LITE provides 200 supplies, enough for 1 kerbal for ~12 days, or 4 kerbals for ~3 days
		@maxAmount = 1.097 // enough for 1 kerbal for 3 days
		@maxAmount *= #$/CrewCapacityDeployed$ // enough for 4 kerbals for 3 days
        isTweakable = True
	}	
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxygen
		maxAmount = 111.038
		@maxAmount *= #$/CrewCapacityDeployed$
        amount = #$maxAmount$
		isTweakable = True
	}	
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0.725
		isTweakable = True
	}	
	!RESOURCE[Mulch] {}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Waste
        amount = 0
		@maxAmount = 0.1
        isTweakable = True
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = WasteWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 0.924
		isTweakable = True
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = CarbonDioxide
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 95.913
		isTweakable = True
	}
}

note that the reason TAC-LS doesn't add these values automagically to the parts is that CrewCapacity is always 0 during ModuleManager's loading pass (because they're deflated).

TAC Life Support patch for the Inflatable Storage Module/Warehouse:

@PART[MKSL_ILM]:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]
{
	@MODULE[FStextureSwitch2]
	{
		%textureNames = UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS-LITE/Assets/SW_01;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS-LITE/Assets/SW_02;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS-LITE/Assets/SW_03;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS-LITE/Assets/SW_04;UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS-LITE/Assets/SW_05;
		%textureDisplayNames = Raw Materials;Refined Goods;Supplies;Commodities;Waste
		%fuelTankSetups = 0;1;2;3;4
	}
	@MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]
		%resourceNames = Dirt,Ore;MaterialKits;Food,Water,Oxygen;RareMetals,ExoticMinerals;Waste,WasteWater,CarbonDioxide
		// 35 supplies = two day's worth of storage
		%resourceAmounts = 35,7;70;1.097,0.725,111.038;35,35;0.1,0.924,95.913
		%initialResourceAmounts = 0,0;0,0;0,0,0;0,0;0,0,0;
		%tankCost = 3500;3500;3500;3500;3500
		%tankMass = 0;0;0;0;0;
	}
}

i note that as provided, the maximum amount of USI-LS storage available seems really low: two days of supplies/mulch (35 units) vs ~12 days (200 units) in the hab module by default. maybe it should be bumped up? in any case, i've followed the default and provided 2 days of TAC LS/waste storage.

if this all looks good and fine i'll upload a pull request.

c4jt321.png

Edited by speedwaystar

Has anyone noticed a problem with the latest revision of MKS Lite conflicting with EPL? I have been running an older version of MKS Lite and USI life support with no problems.

I installed the most recent revisions of USI Life support, MKS Lite, and extraplanetary launchpads yesterday and things stopped working.

Now the orbital dock and the launchpads don't load into the game. I removed MKS Lite and the EPL parts would properly load.

Does anyone know what is going on?

45 minutes ago, Dr Farnsworth said:

Has anyone noticed a problem with the latest revision of MKS Lite conflicting with EPL? I have been running an older version of MKS Lite and USI life support with no problems.

I installed the most recent revisions of USI Life support, MKS Lite, and extraplanetary launchpads yesterday and things stopped working.

Now the orbital dock and the launchpads don't load into the game. I removed MKS Lite and the EPL parts would properly load.

Does anyone know what is going on?

In regular MKS Rover put in a MM to hide EPL parts.  Maybe it also found its way into MKS-L?

On February 20, 2016 at 9:28 AM, speedwaystar said:

i note that as provided, the maximum amount of USI-LS storage available seems really low: two days of supplies/mulch (35 units) vs ~12 days (200 units) in the hab module by default. maybe it should be bumped up? 

ILM storage capacity increases x1000 when inflated, as they are meant to be used for bulk storage/logistics once on-site. The hab and ag modules include their full storage capacity even when deflated so that you can ship them out fully loaded.