[1.1.1] [FINAL UPDATE CactEye Telescopes Continued 7.1.0

Angelo Kerman

6 hours ago, Hikari_or_whatever said:

Is there a way to turn off things exploding if you look at the sun for even a second? I just wanna look at planets, and having things explode and nearly give me a heart attack isn't very fun.

Hit up the app launcher button for settings? Or, failing that, see a few posts above yours for details.

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 2:12 PM, Supermarine said:

Hello!

I simply cannot get my telescope to work :(

It's probably something very, very obvious, but I've watched old tutorials in YouTube, searched all 3 threads and Reddit and most information is imprecise, old or inexistent...

How exactly do these parts work? I mounted the Wide-Angle green part into the FungEye, added a HECS, some RCS, batteries and panels, even a little ladder expecting some future repairs, and up it goes to orbit. Then, I right-click on it, select "control from here" and attempt to "toggle GUI" and nothing, absolutely nothing happens and I've tried 4 times, relaunching the thing. Yes, I have the very latest version found here. I l also have the latest DOE.

By clicking on everything I discovered that "release" does just that: jettisons the green Wide-Angle thing from the bay (which can be "opened" via menu). I select a target for the craft, and even manually point the lenses to the Mun. When I pointed at the sun a message told me I had ruined the optics, but nothing apart from that. I click, click and click on the "toggle GUI" button and the only thing it does is remove the target and then display "No Target" on the screen.

Help me please :(

Edit: I'm forcing OpenGL, running on Windows 7 64-bit with no problems and no crashes whatsoever. Using standard Steam launcher.

Quite some time and I'm surprised there was not a conclusive answer to this issue. From what I see, I'm not the only one who experiences this problem.

I guess it's uninstalling, then. So sad, looked good and very promising :(

Sorry, I haven't done much with this mod except keep it compiled for the latest KSP. I'm holding off for 1.1 since that is going to be a major update that will likely break the mod. I think Tariser Space Telescopes is a similar concept and more up to date.

2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Sorry, I haven't done much with this mod except keep it compiled for the latest KSP. I'm holding off for 1.1 since that is going to be a major update that will likely break the mod. I think Tariser Space Telescopes is a similar concept and more up to date.

Thanks for the super fast answer. I understand; can't wait for 1.1 myself.

I already have TST in use, but wanted to try Cacteye simultaneously to add variety and speed up science collecting. I'm really looking forward to the next upgrade :)

9 minutes ago, Supermarine said:

Thanks for the super fast answer. I understand; can't wait for 1.1 myself.

I already have TST in use, but wanted to try Cacteye simultaneously to add variety and speed up science collecting. I'm really looking forward to the next upgrade :)

Me too, I want to use it for my MOLE mod and I'm hoping it won't be too hard to make it work with 1.1 :)

Side note: the Release button comes from KIS. There might be a way to disable that functionality, I'll have to do some research.

Edited by Angel-125

On 1/16/2016 at 2:12 PM, Supermarine said:

Hello!

I simply cannot get my telescope to work :(

It's probably something very, very obvious, but I've watched old tutorials in YouTube, searched all 3 threads and Reddit and most information is imprecise, old or inexistent...

How exactly do these parts work? I mounted the Wide-Angle green part into the FungEye, added a HECS, some RCS, batteries and panels, even a little ladder expecting some future repairs, and up it goes to orbit. Then, I right-click on it, select "control from here" and attempt to "toggle GUI" and nothing, absolutely nothing happens and I've tried 4 times, relaunching the thing. Yes, I have the very latest version found here. I l also have the latest DOE.

By clicking on everything I discovered that "release" does just that: jettisons the green Wide-Angle thing from the bay (which can be "opened" via menu). I select a target for the craft, and even manually point the lenses to the Mun. When I pointed at the sun a message told me I had ruined the optics, but nothing apart from that. I click, click and click on the "toggle GUI" button and the only thing it does is remove the target and then display "No Target" on the screen.

Help me please :(

Edit: I'm forcing OpenGL, running on Windows 7 64-bit with no problems and no crashes whatsoever. Using standard Steam launcher.

I built the vessel as described and it seemed to work fine.  I have yet to test any contracts though.  Hi2n4aF.jpg

One thing I need to do is figure out how RubberDucky set up the initial install directory and make it easier to use. I also want to set up CKAN so that you can install it that way (though TBH I don't like CKAN, it gives me support headaches).

I have a few questions.

Any ETA on asteroid day support?
What does support for OPM mean? Science reports?
What does Key to discovering asteroids mean?
Does that mean that custom asteroids won't work with this?
Edited by Andem

17 hours ago, Andem said:

I have a few questions.

Any ETA on asteroid day support?
What does support for OPM mean? Science reports?
What does Key to discovering asteroids mean?
Does that mean that custom asteroids won't work with this?

1. Probably when I finish the artwork for the DenEye scope for Mark One Laboratory Extensions.

2. Hopefully it means science defs for Outer Planets Mod.

3. The existing asteroid scanner is meant to improve your chances of detecting new asteroids. I don't know how RubberDucky set that up, so don't really know if it's currently working.

4. I'm guessing maybe, but it depends upon how the asteroid camera is set up.

18 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

So, how does the science yield for these things work, exactly? I've taken some pictures of Mun and Minmus, but I didn't get any science.

What you're supposed to be able to do is point the telescope at a planet with a wide field camera, take a picture, and you'll get science. I believe there's a science experiment for the camera. Last I checked it worked, but it's been awhile.

Right now CactEye Telescopes is in limbo until 1.1 is released. My plan is to keep the mod compiled for the latest KSP until I have a chance to work on it. My biggest concern is how KSP 1.1 will handle the existing models; I do not have access to the source files. It's quite possible that I may have to toss the current 3D models and start over, but we'll see what happens.

11 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

What you're supposed to be able to do is point the telescope at a planet with a wide field camera, take a picture, and you'll get science. I believe there's a science experiment for the camera. Last I checked it worked, but it's been awhile.

Yeah... It gives results, supposedly worth science, but on further inspection valued at 0 points.

Yup. Dres and Jool. Neither gave a good image, but it claimed that it was producing science. However, it seems to be a problem with my game as a whole, since the Sentinel camera from Asteroid Day had the same problem. So, I will instead be regaining the science through "advanced technology" as @CAKE99 would say. So, do you know how much observations of Mun, Minmus, Dres, and Jool with a Level 2 wide field should have gotten me? I need to know how much science to make.

49 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Yup. Dres and Jool. Neither gave a good image, but it claimed that it was producing science. However, it seems to be a problem with my game as a whole, since the Sentinel camera from Asteroid Day had the same problem. So, I will instead be regaining the science through "advanced technology" as @CAKE99 would say. So, do you know how much observations of Mun, Minmus, Dres, and Jool with a Level 2 wide field should have gotten me? I need to know how much science to make.

Looks like max science is 0.3 x multiplier for the planet. Multipliers are here: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Science#Celestial_body_multipliers

I believe you use the in-space high column. If you use the FungEye, multiply the result by 0.25.

Here's to hoping the models all carry over into 1.1! :)

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Looks like max science is 0.3 x multiplier for the planet. Multipliers are here: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Science#Celestial_body_multipliers

I believe you use the in-space high column. If you use the FungEye, multiply the result by 0.25.

Here's to hoping the models all carry over into 1.1! :)

Unity 5 is backwards compatible. You can import old .mu files and it will update them.

Here is a good example of what I was talking about with the contracts, to me it just doesn't make sense to put a telescope that has to be serviced into that kind of orbit.  Alot of times the orbits are eccentric enough that they intersect the with the mun, so eventually the satellite would get knocked wherever when it gets into the mun soi. 

VjlJlzR.png

Hi, I did once one extension for contract to adapt remotetech to OPM (and by extension to any mod that changed the planetary systems). If you want I can do something similar here and help you with contracts for 1.1 that could interact with OPM (or any other mod that changes the number of planets) In the end the original one got adapted to it and my changes were no longer needed

I'm more or less waiting to all my mods to get updated for 1.1 and this small changes are something that I will do for my self anyway. I have a lot of mods and I always have a KaiserMM folder to adapt thing to my test. Mainly to make my set of to interact fine between them: Realchutes, CLS and OPM have the mayor issues with interactions with other mods for me. If you are already thinking in making updated I may help a little.

On 4/10/2016 at 1:21 AM, KaiserSoze said:

Hi, I did once one extension for contract to adapt remotetech to OPM (and by extension to any mod that changed the planetary systems). If you want I can do something similar here and help you with contracts for 1.1 that could interact with OPM (or any other mod that changes the number of planets) In the end the original one got adapted to it and my changes were no longer needed

I'm more or less waiting to all my mods to get updated for 1.1 and this small changes are something that I will do for my self anyway. I have a lot of mods and I always have a KaiserMM folder to adapt thing to my test. Mainly to make my set of to interact fine between them: Realchutes, CLS and OPM have the mayor issues with interactions with other mods for me. If you are already thinking in making updated I may help a little.

That would be much appreciated, thank you. :) I know little about Contract Configurator, which was used to define the contracts for the CactEye.

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

That would be much appreciated, thank you. :) I know little about Contract Configurator, which was used to define the contracts for the CactEye.

Good. I will have a look at the contract as they are in 1.05 with a clean install (except for the minimum mods) and try to get ig working. I think contract configurator still acepts the same cfgs in 1.1 version (with maybe more options). I'll let you know if I'm sucessful.

EDIT: I just had a quick look at contracts. It seems that I will be able to make it work and avoid those strange orbits and also add contract for all planets/moons even for RSS and OPM

However english is not my native language, so some texts could be...strange ;).

Edited by KaiserSoze
updated after check the contract files