Kerbals, what do they eat or drink

322997am

Kerbals are living. But they need to respirate eat and drink. My theories are

respiration:the kerbals have little things on their skin to breathe carbon dioxide in and oxygen out. I think this because the kerbals have no nose and they do not open their mouth.

Drink:moisture in the air.

eat:they use the same reaction plants do because they are green and might contain chlorophyll. The kerbals create their own food by doing that. Snacks are for energy boost purposes only.

- - - Updated - - -

What do u think

They're green because their favorite food is mint ice cream, and they ate so much that it the dye accumulates in their skin.

They also ate so much of it that there's a global shortage of mint ice cream, which is why they're so eager to send a mission to Minmus to bring back, ahem, scientific surface samples.

I'd agree with OP that it will actually make sense from mechanics that they are plant-like beings, which get energy to live just from photosynthesis (and reversely from oxidising/breathing - so cycle can go on forever). Snacks are probably akin to "nutritional supplements" (e.g. plant fertilizer, to get some elements to keep them not alive, but "chippy"). And they probably reproduce by just sprouting from the ground en masse ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.