How do I get the 1.0.5 upgrade? [You don't, it's not out yet - Moderation team]

JackBush

I've just looked and I'm at 1.0.4.8??? I understood, or thought I did, that Steam would automatically upgrade me. I've just gone online to Steam and loaded the game but nothing happened. What do I do?

You wait, like the rest of us.

I would guess at least a couple of weeks to a month at this point.

Happy landings!

To further clarify Starhawk's post, 1.0.5 has NOT been released as of yet. The announcement yesterday in the Dev Notes was that it will be going into QA soon. QA will have it for an unspecified amount of time, then it's on to the Experimentals team. Once they're finished with it, SQUAD will release 1.0.5 to the world and STEAM will auto-update for you.

Well, shame on them. Every announcement I've ever seen for other games means it's sitting there waiting for you to get it and install it.

It's just a poorly written announcement, no need to get worked up about it :) I think it will be out in a few weeks, the stuff they are adding does not seem like it will result in bugs (parts and a minor subsystem).

Well, shame on them. Every announcement I've ever seen for other games means it's sitting there waiting for you to get it and install it.

Shame on them??? NO WAY! All the shame is on you.

Nowhere in the devnotes has it been said 1.0.5 has been released. All that's been said is 1.1 has been postponed and the next update will be 1.0.5 and will contain a number of updates/fixes they no longer want to keep shelved. If you read it wrong that's on you. Not SQUAD.

Shame on them??? NO WAY! All the shame is on you.

Nowhere in the devnotes has it been said 1.0.5 has been released. All that's been said is 1.1 has been postponed and the next update will be 1.0.5 and will contain a number of updates/fixes they no longer want to keep shelved. If you read it wrong that's on you. Not SQUAD.

In JackBush's defence I will point out the title of the announcement by SQUAD - 'Announcing Kerbal Space Program 1.0.5'.

That sure sounds like it's out.

Happy landings!

What the heck is even 1.0.5 now??? I thought the next release was supposed to be 1.1 with unity 5 port?? Why cant they just make up their minds??

First they say they might be doing a unity 5 release separate from 1.1, then say that unity 5 is gettings close as port is 99.9% done and only need some quality assurance testing..

Then suddenly month(s) passes and now it is nowhere nearly QA with no explanation and it starts sounding like it wont be released separately afterall and now 1.05??? ...?

Edit: Holy .... it aint even based on unity5... So much for the port being about done ages ago and so much for them releasing it early because it will take longer for the rest of 1.1 than the actual port itself since the port worked out so great..

Yet another release that will just make mods even worse.. The idea behind releasing unity 5 first was to get people to actually test it and maybe give modders time to prepare to the big changes and instead they are making it worse by releasing the content first???

As I have said before... They know how to make a good space sim, but they badly need some proper management. Squad is all over the place and never sticks to any proper schedule for anything. Even features that they started working on they suddenly moved away from jumping onto something new and never finishing it.

And about this 1.05... There is no damn ram left for anything more. The game is already crashing left and right because of memory leaks and limits and yet they put more stuff into it without having a working 64bit version or at very least optimizing it?

I might as well give up completely on this game and just play the old versions.. Ever since .25 it hardly even runs performance wise either and even with half the part count it now lags...

Edited by boxman

What the heck is even 1.0.5 now??? I thought the next release was supposed to be 1.1 with unity 5 port?? Why cant they just make up their minds??

First they say they might be doing a unity 5 release separate from 1.1, then say that unity 5 is gettings close as port is 99.9% done and only need some quality assurance testing..

Then suddenly month(s) passes and now it is nowhere nearly QA with no explanation and it starts sounding like it wont be released separately afterall and now 1.05??? ...?

Edit: Holy .... it aint even based on unity5... So much for the port being about done ages ago and so much for them releasing it early because it will take longer for the rest of 1.1 than the actual port itself since the port worked out so great..

Yet another release that will just make mods even worse.. The idea behind releasing unity 5 first was to get people to actually test it and maybe give modders time to prepare to the big changes and instead they are making it worse by releasing the content first???

As I have said before... They know how to make a good space sim, but they badly need some proper management. Squad is all over the place and never sticks to any proper schedule for anything. Even features that they started working on they suddenly moved away from jumping onto something new and never finishing it.

And about this 1.05... There is no damn ram left for anything more. The game is already crashing left and right because of memory leaks and limits and yet they put more stuff into it without having a working 64bit version or at very least optimizing it?

I might as well give up completely on this game and just play the old versions.. Ever since .25 it hardly even runs performance wise either and even with half the part count it now lags...

And somebody on some other thread asked why the PR guy wears a hazmat suit. :)

Happy landings!

They changed their minds. As they explained in the devnotes. Guess what, people can do that, they can admit that they where wrong. And change the plans.

The port to U5 was never done ages ago. They always said that they had to re-do all the UI. And that's ....loads of work. Did it for my own game months ago, took me 6 weeks on just a small game that has about 1 man-year of development in it. KSP has many more man-years in it. It has a much more complex UI, and none of the old U4 UIs work on U5. (My UI systems could run side-by-side, making the transition easier)

So, instead of keeping us waiting for the big U5 release. We get a small release in between where we can already enjoy some of the new things. Take&love it, or just shut up.

They changed their minds. As they explained in the devnotes. Guess what, people can do that, they can admit that they where wrong. And change the plans.

The port to U5 was never done ages ago. They always said that they had to re-do all the UI. And that's ....loads of work. Did it for my own game months ago, took me 6 weeks on just a small game that has about 1 man-year of development in it. KSP has many more man-years in it. It has a much more complex UI, and none of the old U4 UIs work on U5. (My UI systems could run side-by-side, making the transition easier)

So, instead of keeping us waiting for the big U5 release. We get a small release in between where we can already enjoy some of the new things. Take&love it, or just shut up.

To directly quote max it was 99.9% done and very CLOSE to quality assurance testing.

All this will lead to is make the game even more unplayable as they will fix less bugs than that they will add, which is something they have proven again and again in the past.

How come the ALPHA version runs better than RELEASE version?? How is that squad making good decisions?

This update would have been fine if it was used to actually optimize the game and fix the countless bugs that has been in the game for ages, but instead they are adding more??