Challenge to all Modders!!

Rathma

I really like kerbal and been playing it for a long wile... In game i mostly like to try hard things and whit that in mind i really love to fly in IVA! But some mods have disappointed me mostly cause of discontinuation or just feels unfinished.

SO HERE IS MY CHALLENGES:

1 - Probe control room was a great mod but there is some flaws in it so it would be great to have a mod like it that works on 1.0.4, than have 3 desks or more and works whit ALCOR buttons, leavers and gadgets.

2 - Theres no IVA without talking about raster prop monitor. Don't get me wrong, it is GREAT, but the developer announced it was a mod made for modders to improve and add other features to it, therefore i must point the following items to improve on:

* The item management screen is terrible, complex and not in a good way, usually you must navigate true all parts to get to the part you like to use. there should be separate by type like "Science/Doking/Fuel/etc".

* There's no screen that allows you to visualize in what stage you are on so usually people leave the staging on screen in IVA throw to be more realistic they shouldn't

* There should be a screen were u can place actions to the "action groups"

* RemoteTech dedicated screen should be implemented

* Every time you start you must arrange every screen although there should be a way to save and load the favorite preset.

* Navball should have target nav for contracts

NOTE: I point to ALCOR buttons and gauges cause they really are the GOLD standard for IVA experience and i tryed so many mods and none even gets close to the perfection this modder achieved.

There's a bunch of things i like to see, like getting back the B9 capsules that allowed for a great IVA experience, but i do realize that if this 2 above points are met, people will have a great time challenging themselves in IVA.

Edited by Rathma

Probe control room was great.... but it is not updated to 1.0.4 and furthermore...

Cej58xMl.png

Is limited to just 1 seat unlike the real command center unlike the real command center:

nasa-mission-control-room-1.jpg?1378388111

* the example was on a 0.25 version and with addons to the mod

Edited by Rathma

I would take even 1 seat if someone updated to the latest ASET. I do miss that. Plus someone had added sound muting for it since you should hear the rocket in MC. I wish everyone would use ASET just for the sheer functionality of it.

Svm420 i'm feeling you....

0.25 was the IVA top, but after 1.0.4 we have the ASSETS and no 1 has done a proper Probe control room.

ASET Avionics

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129364-IVA-ASET-Avionics-Pack-v-1-0-%28for-the-modders-who-create-IVA%E2%80%99s%29

ASET Props

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129305-IVA-ASET-Props-Pack-v1-3-%28for-the-modders-who-create-IVA%E2%80%99s%29

*ASETS is the mod that enables any 1 to put ALCOR buttons and gauges on any pod

Edited by Rathma

* The item management screen is terrible, complex and not in a good way, usually you must navigate true all parts to get to the part you like to use. there should be separate by type like "Science/Doking/Fuel/etc".

* There's no screen that allows you to visualize in what stage you are on so usually people leave the staging on screen in IVA throw to be more realistic they shouldn't

* There should be a screen were u can place actions to the "action groups"

* RemoteTech dedicated screen should be implemented

* Every time you start you must arrange every screen although there should be a way to save and load the favorite preset.

I certainly agree on PCR being updated completely. The mod was born out of a topic I made requesting such a feature and its unfortunate that its development fell behind (as tends to happen). I would adore seeing it back in fully compatible status, especially with an ASET add-on. (ASET being a default for the mod would be unwise, I think, as ASET's props can be system taxing)

Now onto these bullet points.

1. That's to do with how Vessel View's author decided to set up the RPM menu, and while I'm not 100% on how the mod works without RPM (as I've never used it outside of RPM lol) I believe that the reason it is like that may well be because thats how the mod navigates through the parts as well. That being said, the menu itself isn't as straightforward as it could be and could definitely due with a clean up in its phrasing for the different options so that it isn't guesswork to actually figure out how to navigate to a part and access its functions.

2. That sounds interesting, but if you're talking about a an actual stage number sort of visualization (as in stage 1, 2, 3 etc) then I believe a couple IVA's (Namely ASET based ones) have this feature. However I do agree that it would be nice if the default RPM IVA's did include a stage number prop. As far as an actual visual, Vessel view more or less already covers that.

3. Agreed.

4. Definitely agree. I've been wanting RT integrated into RPM for ages, and in particular its flight computer feature. Its a much cleaner autopilot than MechJEB is, while at the same time not being easy mode. Might actually have to post in the two topics again to see if the modders themselves or someone else wants to take up that mantle.

5. Agreed, partially. It would be nice though it wouldn't be as straightforward as just loading a preset. It'd likely require presets set up for each IVA, and then you also have to look at whether its going to be save game specific or not and so on and so forth.

G'th thanks for collaborating whit your post. I really want people not to just say if they agree or disagree, but also to post their views and thoughts has you did.

I use Vessel View's and know all its functionalities and believe that if the point "* There should be a screen were u can place actions to the "action groups"" was met, it would make easier to interact with it.

I really love Vessel View's and usually fly wit at least 2 screens visualizing it. Although i think it is a wonderful visualizing tool, it lacks on the item management part cause it makes for a complex path till you interact with the desired part.

In account to your second post, there is in ASSET a button that allows you to stage, a lock so you wont stage by mistake (LOVE IT) and a panel that shows what stage you are on, but compared with the information you get in the normal way most people play this game "what number of engines are on in current stage, on the next stage, fuel quantity in" i usually use the Vessel View's to know wen the fuel is gone and that is it.

Although i can manage fine, some of my friends said that there should be that specific point in my post cause it would be cool to have.

Thanks for adding your input and fly well!! :D

Edited by Rathma

AHhh I see what you mean now. I'm too lazy to find a picture or video of it right now, but you're pretty much referring to what could be seen during the launch scenes in Apollo 13 in the CM am I right?. Showed 5 lights for the F1's/J2's (arranged as they were on the rocket itself no less :D) and when they cut off and so on and so forth. That would actually be pretty useful.

The Apollo had a analog booster control... you can see it here below the 2 navballs:

ad019.gif

I'm hoping for a more digital aproach, using rasterprop... but same result

- - - Updated - - -

There is so much beauty in human ingenuity building the ships that get us to space that i really think we should focus in IVA mods.

Just look at this pictures:

5556007557_7f3f2e03b1_o.jpggy7a4y2a.jpg

Svm420 i'm feeling you....

0.25 was the IVA top, but after 1.0.4 we have the ASSETS and no 1 has done a proper Probe control room.

ASET Avionics

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129364-IVA-ASET-Avionics-Pack-v-1-0-%28for-the-modders-who-create-IVA%E2%80%99s%29

ASET Props

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129305-IVA-ASET-Props-Pack-v1-3-%28for-the-modders-who-create-IVA%E2%80%99s%29

*ASETS is the mod that enables any 1 to put ALCOR buttons and gauges on any pod

Some what yes but no one said anything so looks like, I didn't post it anymore http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-beta8a-IVA-All-the-things%21-new-3D-RPM-17?p=2127011&viewfull=1#post2127011

EDIT- ASET_PCR.png

EDIT- And look here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-beta8a-IVA-All-the-things%21-new-3D-RPM-17?p=2236854&viewfull=1#post2236854 and have you even looked at the thread ? And it's not to bad doing them you should give it a try.

Edited by Mecripp2

I'm sorry MeCripp if i don't quite get all you are trying to say but i analysed that post and seems that many people take on the older probe control room and do fixes.

Although i realize it is a good start and i like the work done so far, they are fixes. The main mod needs updating and that is what we are discussing here.

- ASSET buttons and gauges

- Changing seats

- Not hearing the rockets wen you are in that room

- etc

And we need a way to assemble every thing... meaning... if you only do fixes you must download the original mod and all the fixes, them assemble.... but it should be possible to have all in the same .zip (and that will also prevent bugs made cause people assemble the files on the rong order or something).

Please don't think i'm diminishing the work done so far, i think it is great, but i believe the discussion of these topics might generate synergy to take it to a hole new level.

- - - Updated - - -

Since we are on the subject..... even manned ships, if they had a probe body, we should be able to use the probe control room has well has the cabins!

Edited by Rathma

Has anyone tried to message Tabakhase and ask if he or she would update it ?

And here, I posted the file to use the ASET RPM's http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-beta8a-IVA-All-the-things%21-new-3D-RPM-17?p=2238426&viewfull=1#post2238426

Has for the sound it has been talked about before and think the problem is the mod is just a view point so cutting the sound in it would also do it in all view but then again, I don't know anything about plugin's or coding for them and also have tried to add the other two desk seat but can't get it to work, Has for the gauges just didn't know what all to use if anyone has a layout in mind and can post it would give it a shot also.

i just tried your fix and knowing is a work on progress, the work with the screens is great

i like the new things added to the rasterprop, ASSET integration changed it a lot.

* there's a bug on the nav ball (it's filing dont apear)

* I believe the screens on the wall buttons should be controlled from 1 desk, just put tags on the top of each screen "Screen 1, Screen 2, ect" and link it to the desk

* sometimes there's a bug that freezes the screens and you try to change (like from altitude to navball, but not restricted to) and i must change something in to another them come back to the 1st screen for it to work again

It is a great start!

--------

Before adding the beautiful ASSET buttons and gauges, you should check out a way to change desks cause in a real mission control, different desks have different controls.

Edited by Rathma

i just tried your fix and knowing is a work on progress, the work with the screens is great

i like the new things added to the rasterprop, ASSET integration changed it a lot.

* there's a bug on the nav ball (it's filing dont apear)

* I believe the screens on the wall buttons should be controlled from 1 desk, just put tags on the top of each screen "Screen 1, Screen 2, ect" and link it to the desk

* sometimes there's a bug that freezes the screens and you try to change (like from altitude to navball, but not restricted to) and i must change something in to another them come back to the 1st screen for it to work again

It is a great start!

--------

Before adding the beautiful ASSET buttons and gauges, you should check out a way to change desks cause in a real mission control, different desks have different controls.

Adding a button to control the screens from the desk might be a bad thing has that makes it some what of a custom setup and well that why the one you post with B9 RPM's don't work has well has the one in the mod to begin with that's why, I made a stock one which sorry got lazy but was going to fix them alittle don't like the way, I set them and made the one's with ASET but his mod stay alittle more up to date.

EDIT- And looking at Gaiiden post in ProbeControlRoom maybe, I over looked something has, I just added cameras view points and didn't set them to a transform, I don't think maybe play around with it some more hope we hear and see more in a couple of days.

Edited by Mecripp2

I really like kerbal and been playing it for a long wile... In game i mostly like to try hard things and whit that in mind i really love to fly in IVA! But some mods have disappointed me mostly cause of discontinuation or just feels unfinished.

SO HERE IS MY CHALLENGES:

(snip)

Here is a challenge for you: teach yourself how to edit IVAs :) . It is not difficult to do once you have the tools installed. There are threads here on the forum that can help you find the tools you need so you can edit IVAs, and a lot of people on the forum are friendly and willing to help you learn. There is a lot of work that goes into a good IVA layout (the 2.0 version of my FASA Gemini capsule was about 60 hours; the 3.0 alpha version that I am planning on releasing soon is another 60-80 hours starting from scratch).

I encourage you to spend some time learning how to try it yourself. You might find it a fun challenge, and you can share your efforts with others so they can appreciate it as well. If there are specific features missing from RasterPropMonitor, you can make a request on my RPM thread, or you can visit GitHub and open an issue there to request the feature.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.