Ever feel like you need a few days of rest when returning from a vacation?

adsii1970

I've not been on the forum for a week because last week, we were invited to join in-laws at Orlando, Florida. Had a great time at the "House of Mouse", ate way too much food on the Deluxe Dining Plan, stayed out way too late each night, oh, and did I mention, the drive back from Orlando (Florida) to Henderson (Kentucky)?

While we did have a blast and my daughter did get to meet her favorite Disney princesses (Tinkerbell, Ariel, and Elsa), it was a lot to cram into four days. I feel like I need a week to detox from all the high calorie foods and about a week of sleep...

Anyone else eve feel like that after a vacation?

All. The. Time.

I always tell everyone I need a vacation from my vacation! Last year my wife, kids, and I went to CA to visit my family. After spending a few days, my wife and I then traveled to Hawaii to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary. Seven days later we returned to CA and spent a few more days, then took the kids and headed back home. I was beat!

We just did a quick five day trip (just the four of us) to San Antonio recently. I felt the same way! Going, going, going! Make it stop, lol!

LOL I haven't had a vacation in at least 5 years. And at the age where everyone says you should be exploring the world. But I guess the people telling me that don't have to worry about money ever? I don't know.

Count your blessings, folks... I'd love for my biggest problem to be in the realm of "got back from vacation, still tired." :P (First world problem if I've ever seen one xD )

Edited by Slam_Jones

LOL I haven't had a vacation in at least 5 years. And at the age where everyone says you should be exploring the world. But I guess the people telling me that don't have to worry about money ever? I don't know.

Explore the world? We're expected to explore the world? I WON'T be doing anything of the sort. And if you live out in the country and know how to have fun outside, which I definitely do, you don't need to travel the world. Heck, I'd rather go camping (not car, "campground" or RV, actual out in the woods backpack or boat camping) for a week than to disneyworld or another country. It would only cost me gas and food and I'd have loads more fun. And if I don't wanna go anywhere (or the snow's here), my idea of fun would be reading, writing, and cooking. And while most people are dreaming of visiting Paris or becoming a famous pop singer, I hope to one day be a small business owner.

Edited by Flymetothemun

Explore the world? We're expected to explore the world? I WON'T be doing anything of the sort. And if you live out in the country and know how to have fun outside, which I definitely do, you don't need to travel the world. Heck, I'd rather go camping (not car, "campground" or RV, actual out in the woods backpack or boat camping) for a week than to disneyworld or another country. It would only cost me gas and food and I'd have loads more fun. And if I don't wanna go anywhere (or the snow's here), my idea of fun would be reading, writing, and cooking. And while most people are dreaming of visiting Paris or becoming a famous pop singer, I hope to one day be a small business owner.

Well, when everyone you know from high school is posting pictures from Europe, you start wondering which wrong turn you took.

Also, grew up in a rural area. Would love to live somewhere like it again. Sadly, there's even fewer jobs there than where I live now.

Edit: Also, a few days rest is a vacation, isn't it? So a vacation after your vacation? Man I must really need a better job if most people can afford that :P

Edited by Slam_Jones

Heck, I'd rather go camping (not car, "campground" or RV, actual out in the woods backpack or boat camping) for a week than to disneyworld or another country.

Agreed, everyone my age seems to be fascinated by this idea of going to places like Barcelona or Croatia or whatever. If I'm going to pay to go abroad, it seems way more worth it and life-changing to go somewhere more natural and open with mountains to explore and stuff, rather than yet another built-up city with a huge tourist industry. I still think getting dropped off by a minibus in the middle of the English countryside and spending a few days trying to find the way back home is more interesting than any of that. :)

I had the opportunity to travel in Europe (besides a 18 month desert vacation in the early 1990s) when I was assigned to Bad Kreusnach, Germany. Spent many days in Greece, Italy, France, Spain, the Benelux, and even Russia thanks to ITT on post. Having done that, there's something just awesome about seeing the sites here in the States... :D

I've not been on the forum for a week because last week, we were invited to join in-laws at Orlando, Florida. Had a great time at the "House of Mouse", ate way too much food on the Deluxe Dining Plan, stayed out way too late each night, oh, and did I mention, the drive back from Orlando (Florida) to Henderson (Kentucky)?

While we did have a blast and my daughter did get to meet her favorite Disney princesses (Tinkerbell, Ariel, and Elsa), it was a lot to cram into four days. I feel like I need a week to detox from all the high calorie foods and about a week of sleep...

Anyone else eve feel like that after a vacation?

What's a vacation?

Reminds me of this song:

https://youtu.be/crIk87-mPzY

Well, it depends on HOW I travel. Most of my trips take place in continental Europe and with my own car as transportation. It doesn't cost me much to reach cities like Prague in Czech Republic and Berlin in Germany. With my own car, I can travel at the pace I want and don't have to adhere to a set program; therefore I can easily return to work the day after I've returned from such a trip throughout Europe.

However, once every two or three years there's an intercontinental trip by plane, the last one being a trip to New York City in april 2014. Gotta say the jetlag does have a noticeable effect on me and then it takes two or three days for it to wear off, so when planning a trip by plane I make sure there's at least several days between the end of the trip and start of a new period of work.

Yes, yes and hundred times yes! When I visited Prague (a day's worth of drive from where I live) in October 2013 for five days, I was exhausted and it took me a week (of school) to recover.

Same thing for Budapest (November 2012)

Sounds stupid, but you really need a vacation from a vacation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.