Jool 5. YAY!

SpaceplaneAddict

Here, I'll be trying hard to complete the Jool 5 challenge. As I am typing this, my ISRU SSTO rocket is being prepped. Stay tuned!

Oh by the way, mission plan(in sandbox by the way):

-Launch ISRU rocket

-Launch refueler rocket

-Launch customized Aeris 4A to dock by the nose to the top of the ISRU rocket ssto.

-Transfer to Jool

-Reverse Tylo slingshot. Gravity capture, basically

-idk

Hope I don't become a panncake on some random moon!

-SPAddict

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this. I get carried away very easily. Anyway, video launch of the ISRU SSTO coming soon. By the way, at end of vid, you'll see decoupler still attached to the docking port. I tried messing with save files, and got smart. Clicked decouple node on the docking port.

fpy6Qag.png

EDIT: I have a name for the ISRU mothership. Kraken.

Edited by SpaceplaneAddict

Development of the Laythe spaceplane is complete:

http://i.imgur.com/pkV5Ohu.png

Launch soonTM.

Nice compact craft. I've never landed on laythe in 1.0 before. Isthat enough delta v to get to space? What kind of part are you using on the nose of the plane?

I will take a better look at your reports when i get home from work. :)

Hehe, ran into a snag with ladders. I'll be posting a double vid soon, showing the relaunch.

On the nose of the cockpit is a drone core, monoprop tank and shielded docking port.

And yeah, t2.4 is plenty enough for an LLO speed of 1.8km/s. I'll have plenty left.

The BadSTM* SSTO launches to rendezvous and dock with the Tri-J5

*Trademark owned by AddictionAeroworks, all rights reserved.

EDIT: Due to interwebs bandwidth and cpu process power, I will have to spped up a whole 1hr video into 5 minutes. I will try to add some dubstep or something.

EDITEDIT: All of these legs of the journey will take to long. For this reason, the minmus transfer and (partially shown) landing, will be my last video log of this journey until I near the end of the voyage.

EDITEDITEDIT: I suck at picking music that fits with the video.
TOO BAD :D

-SPAddict.

Gravity assists are hard.

Space is Hard!

Yes, gravity assists are a fairly advanced technique. I am certainly no expert on them, so if I can make it work then so can you. I put up a couple of links in your thread in the Gameplay Questions section. I'll try and post my Jool capture maneuvers in the JEM thread later today.

Happy landings!

Too bad. I really think that one had a lot of potential. All you probably needed was to get a gravity capture which left your orbit close to Bop or Pol. You could then land at either one and refuel. After that, Jool is your oyster.

Hope your next attempt has better success.

Happy landings!

• 4 weeks later...
Oh dear.

It may be too late, but I have learned through watching my forebears' tragic mistakes that you should NEVER name a ship "Kraken." While some have come close, no Kerballer has ever produced a ship truly worthy of the Kraken's name, and consequently anything that gets named after it inevitably suffers its wrath.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.