VAB/SPH save confirmation

ian9018

Yknow when you make some change to a rocket then try to leave the VAB for whatever reason, and it asks you if you want to save? Welp...

IF I WANTED TO SAVE I WOULD HAVE SAVED IT! I clicked 'Exit' not 'Save half built thing that probably isn't going to work anyways'! If it is worthy of saving it's either finished and I'll give it a proper name or it is a functioning test and the game saves it anyways when I launch it. Additionally, I don't want to keep clicking an answer because often when I click 'Don't Save' it actually clicks through the dialog window and picks up something on the ship. Since I just left the scene it gets deleted... Between having my train of thought interrupted and my craft getting pointlessly wrecked, I'm starting to get pretty angry.

I'm fairly sure the game did what you told it to do at some point, and I'd prefer it that way. Is it a possible for a mod to suppress that message and just default the answer to whatever is set in a config?

edit: actually while I'm asking for stuff, anyone know of good parts from any pack for balancing planes? I'd like small heavy ballast weights or something :D

Edited by ian9018

If we didn't have this message, people would come and complain that the game doesn't ask them to save their ships when exiting, unlike 99% of other games/software.

I think there would be more people complaining if it was removed than if it is kept in the game, so it will stay.

And you probably couldn't delete that message with a simple config file, and I don't know any mod removing it. I'm not really the best to help you there, sorry.

If we didn't have this message, people would come and complain that the game doesn't ask them to save their ships when exiting, unlike 99% of other games/software.

I think there would be more people complaining if it was removed than if it is kept in the game, so it will stay.

Can confirm, this was frequently posted to Support and Suggestions.

Edited by sal_vager

What would be nice is if the game gave you a checkbox to "Never show this again". How revolutionary is that?

Because that dialogue annoys the living crap out of me too.

Maybe you should put that in the dev suggestions section thing.

And you probably couldn't delete that message with a simple config file, and I don't know any mod removing it. I'm not really the best to help you there, sorry.

I realize that the dialogue is something that was probably added for a good reason. That doesn't mean I have to like it, and it's preferable to find a way to not have to just deal with it.

What would be nice is if the game gave you a checkbox to "Never show this again". How revolutionary is that?

Because that dialogue annoys the living crap out of me too.

A good solution but it'd probably take a while to get implemented as stock. Hopefully it's simple enough (I have no knowledge of coding to gauge by) to just get thrown in with whatever else is in the next update?

Can confirm, this was frequently posted to Support and Suggestions.
No need, they've got the message.

I think sal_vager meant that it was suggested that the dialogue get put in to start with... Maybe I have that backwards though

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.