Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

2 hours ago, Ham the Astrochimp said:

i cant seem to get a realistic looking kerbin. i did a fresh install and downloaded SVE and added scatterer and i dont have that blueish tone the atmosphere leaves behind. all i get are clouds with a clear atmosphere. i dont get why im not getting the same results as everyone else. it worked just fine before 1.1

Have logs? What version of scatterer are you using? 

Edited by Berlin

16 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Have logs? What version of scatterer are you using? 

i have the 1.1 version of scatterer. i got it from spacedock which downloads it from github. heres a picture of what SVE and scatterer look for me. i did a fresh install also

http://imgur.com/zmV0Lul when i put the code in for imgur i get an error so ill leave this link instead

42 minutes ago, Ham the Astrochimp said:

i have the 1.1 version of scatterer. i got it from spacedock which downloads it from github. heres a picture of what SVE and scatterer look for me. i did a fresh install also

http://imgur.com/zmV0Lul when i put the code in for imgur i get an error so ill leave this link instead

Try a fresh install of scatterer? If that doesn't work try a fresh install of SVE 

18 minutes ago, Ham the Astrochimp said:

didnt work. it still looks the same... haha

Hmmmm..  Perhaps you should post your logs.  Or send me screen shots of your gamedata folder

Edited by Berlin

12 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

This mod looks amazing! Wonderful stuff! Any idea as to how long until its KSP 1.1.2 compatible?

CM

Just wondering, have you tested it in 1.1.2? You may find that it works totally fine! Just try downloading the most up to date EVE, and put the replace the one included in the download with the one you'll get from here and give it a shot! :) 

11 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Just wondering, have you tested it in 1.1.2? You may find that it works totally fine! Just try downloading the most up to date EVE, and put the replace the one included in the download with the one you'll get from here and give it a shot! :) 

I've had it installed since 1.0.5. Just to clear things up, as I may be a little confused, is SVE the same thing as EVE?? They seem like two different visual enhancement mods, but I may be confused. Its just that the pictures in the album for SVE seem to have a universe MUCH nicer than the one Ive ever had with EVE... 

CM

5 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

I've had it installed since 1.0.5. Just to clear things up, as I may be a little confused, is SVE the same thing as EVE?? They seem like two different visual enhancement mods, but I may be confused. Its just that the pictures in the album for SVE seem to have a universe MUCH nicer than the one Ive ever had with EVE... 

CM

SVE is dependent on EVE.  It comes packaged in SVE. 

Edited by Berlin

^^ Don't do that.

1. Download SVE
2. Install everything from that zip in GameData (including EVE, that version is tested with SVE)
3. DL and install Scatterer if so desired
4. Enjoy

Don't get EVE separately, it updates often and could cause issues.

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

^^ Don't do that.

1. Download SVE
2. Install everything from that zip in GameData (including EVE, that version is tested with SVE)
4. Enjoy

Wait what?? Dont download EVE seperately?? How will installing everything from that zip do anything differently than downloading EVE seperately??

Sorry for the confusion...

CM

1 minute ago, Red Iron Crown said:

^^ Don't do that.

1. Download SVE
4. Enjoy

Okay! Sorry. Can you delete my post then :) 

4 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Wait what?? Dont download EVE seperately?? How will installing everything from that zip do anything differently than downloading EVE seperately??

Sorry for the confusion...

CM

Because, as mentioned, EVE updates frequently, sometimes with changes in how things are laid out. If you want the best experience then use the bundled version. That's *why* it is bundled.

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

Because, as mentioned, EVE updates frequently, sometimes with changes in how things are laid out. If you want the best experience then use the bundled version. That's *why* it is bundled.

Right, I got that part of it. Guess my question was not clear enough. When you download that bundle version, you still end up having two seperate folders in your GameData: EVE and SVE. So was THAT EVE folder modified vs the one you would get on its own? My guess is yes...

CM

1 minute ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Right, I got that part of it. Guess my question was not clear enough. When you download that bundle version, you still end up having two seperate folders in your GameData: EVE and SVE. So was THAT EVE folder modified vs the one you would get on its own? My guess is yes...

CM

It's a regular EVE download, essentially a snapshot. The current one from the EVE thread may have changed since SVE last updated (though this is rare, as NHawks is quick to keep SVE up to date). 

This has just been my experience with using this mod through many iterations of EVE and SVE, if you want to experiment feel free. 

3 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

It's a regular EVE download, essentially a snapshot. The current one from the EVE thread may have changed since SVE last updated (though this is rare, as NHawks is quick to keep SVE up to date). 

This has just been my experience with using this mod through many iterations of EVE and SVE, if you want to experiment feel free. 

Ok, good to know. Its just that its getting somewhat confusing with all of the updates and stuff, what with KSP going from 1.0.5 to 1.1.2... I do have 64 mods installed... 

CM

Holy freaking crap... HOW!? HOW have I only now discovered this mod????!!! GAAA! Its so sweeeeeeet!

CM

SVE should be working through CKAN now. CKAN will not allow EVE and SVE to both be installed, and instead uses the bundled EVE in SVE. If knowledgeable people can test this, I would much appreciate it.

If you currently have any SVE or EVE installed in CKAN, uninstall them, refresh and restart CKAN, then reinstall SVE (assuming SVE is what you want to use).

Edited by politas

3 hours ago, politas said:

SVE should be working through CKAN now. CKAN will not allow EVE and SVE to both be installed, and instead uses the bundled EVE in SVE. If knowledgeable people can test this, I would much appreciate it.

If you currently have any SVE or EVE installed in CKAN, uninstall them, refresh and restart CKAN, then reinstall SVE (assuming SVE is what you want to use).

I tried 'ckan upgrade StockVisualEnhancements=1:0.6.4' and two folders were added, same as the two from the spacedock download link.