Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

Just now, Berlin said:

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. :D

Fixed that for you.

Yeah, I get it - just annoys me. I'm in a job where, if you dont read and use the documentation, people can, have, and do die. It's kind of bred into me to RTFM, and annoys me all to heck when the exact same question has to be answered repeatedly. /rant

Just now, Shadriss said:

Fixed that for you.

Yeah, I get it - just annoys me. I'm in a job where, if you dont read and use the documentation, people can, have, and do die. It's kind of bred into me to RTFM, and annoys me all to heck when the exact same question has to be answered repeatedly. /rant

I have stopped trying to be nice on here.  It getting ridiculous. And the threads about "New Rules",  while good in concept,  don't really matter if nobody reads them anyway.  

I don't want to be abrasive either but here is a suggestion.  If the mod is not intended to be installed from CKAN then here is a thought .....  MAYBE REMOVE IT FROM THE CKAN REPOSITORY???

3 hours ago, Berlin said:

What nhawks is saying is you don't need SVE to get clouds and atmosphere.  If you just download EVE and the EVE configs it will do the trick and be the least CPU intensive you can get with a visual enhancement mod.  Keep in mind,  KSP is a very CPU heavy game in general so no matter what,  you are going to push your CPU, even in Stock. 

Oh, I know that, of course. I've used EVE for years. I really like the textures and overall look of SVE - especially the city tiling and so forth - i just need it to run faster. :-/

Edited by theonegalen

'Faster' is going to be a function of the CPU moreso than this mod. Although it will have at least SOME effect, the texture pack you pick will mostly affect the visuals. If the CPU can't handle the stuffs, then unfortunately, the stuffs may need to be left out.

5 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Yes I can but how did you know my name was Nathaniel :0.0:

I'm psychic! Actually, the github pages mention your full name. My apologies if you wanted to keep that quiet.

6 hours ago, ctbram said:

I don't want to be abrasive either but here is a suggestion.  If the mod is not intended to be installed from CKAN then here is a thought .....  MAYBE REMOVE IT FROM THE CKAN REPOSITORY???

You're aware that this is completely outside nhawk's control?

Edited by Kerbart

7 hours ago, ctbram said:

I didn't add it on CKAN buddy, chill out

3 hours ago, Kerbart said:

I'm psychic! Actually, the github pages mention your full name. My apologies if you wanted to keep that quiet.

Ahhh, nah it's ok, I just thought you knew me or something :P

8 hours ago, ctbram said:

Another example of people not reading. I mentioned on at least three occasions that this was done by someone other than @Nhawks17. As much as I like CKAN, the single biggest issue (or strength, depending on how you look at it, I suppose), is that anyone can write a netkan file for a mod and have CKAN pick up the mod. The author has only limited control over this. In most cases, this isn't a huge problem... but here, with four versions to pick from and with very specific installation instructions that are not the norm, it is. I appreciate your frustration... I like pretties in my game too, and the easier to install, the better... but in this case no blame can or should be placed at @Nhawks17's feet. 

On 4/21/2016 at 8:06 PM, CobraFive said:

From the screenshots, Jool looks amazing, which is why I downloaded this mod. The stock one and even most of the other graphics mods (EVE and so on) has it pretty mundane looking, just green, but the colors on your mod are really good.

But when I install it, Jool looks just green again, not like the screenshots at all. Is it possible I downloaded or installed something incorrectly? I just copied the folder to GameData (and the other planets look fine). I'm not using scatterer, but that shouldn't matter right?

WfnA9IW.png

My Jool looks like this as well, but I have scatterer installed. It also has an odd black dot on it. Since installing scatterer fixed it in Cobra's case I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Running KSP 1.1 SVE 0.6.4 UR and Scatterer .0244

EDIT: OK, getting some really strange behavior. In the tracking station Jool and Eve look old, like in the screenshot, but when I'm orbiting around them they look like they're supposed to, except Jool still had the odd black dot(I think this is one of the moons passing between Jool and the sun, Laythe I believe. I don't notice any shadows for Tylo or Vall). When I go back to the space center after being in orbit, Kerbin's sky is black except for the clouds. Going into a building and coming back fixes this.

Edited by Jodo42

19 hours ago, Shadriss said:

To clarify, despite what the OP says at the moment, do NOT use Kopernicus (for this, anyhow), as it is not needed by the current version. Do NOT download and install EVE seperately - SVE includes a bundled version that has the correct files and setups needed for SVE.

I'm not meaning to come off abrasive, but seriously, guys - doesn't anyone READ the thread before they install something?

I am using Outer Planets mod which I'm pretty sure demands Kopernicus.  What would you suggest I do?

Also since I'm now going to abandon CKAN due to these issues, are you all suggesting I not install an "updated" version of EVE since a version is included?

4 minutes ago, jpinard said:

I am using Outer Planets mod which I'm pretty sure demands Kopernicus.  What would you suggest I do?

Also since I'm now going to abandon CKAN due to these issues, are you all suggesting I not install an "updated" version of EVE since a version is included?

Kopernicus isn't going to conflict with SVE, it just isn't needed anymore, it'll be fine to use it.

And you don't need to install an updated EVE, it includes the latest release version of it

3 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Kopernicus isn't going to conflict with SVE, it just isn't needed anymore, it'll be fine to use it.

And you don't need to install an updated EVE, it includes the latest release version of it

Thank you so much Nighthawk.  You're a prince amoung men :)

Edited by jpinard

Heya. I got a little question to ask.

I've tried loading Stock Visual Enhancements on a 1.0.5 x64 installation with various versions of EVE, but I can't get it to load. No clouds will appear, and opening the debug EVE window will show no entries. I've tried several versions of SVE, nothing.

So uh, sorry for asking.

1 hour ago, Cooly568 said:

Heya. I got a little question to ask.

I've tried loading Stock Visual Enhancements on a 1.0.5 x64 installation with various versions of EVE, but I can't get it to load. No clouds will appear, and opening the debug EVE window will show no entries. I've tried several versions of SVE, nothing.

So uh, sorry for asking.

1. You are using an unsupported x64 version. 

2. This down here... v

On 4/19/2016 at 6:16 PM, Nhawks17 said:

First update for the full release of KSP 1.1! This means versions compatible with KSP 1.0.5 are no longer supported and I will not provide help unless you're on one of the latest SVE releases :) Enyoy!

Nhawks don't play.  He straight up will ignore this. I've seent it

9 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Is it normal for the aurora effects to only appear on the day side of Kerbin?

screenshot45.png

It is normal, though certainly not desirable. I'm hoping it gets addressed at some point, but there's other issues he's addressing atm, if I get the gist of things right.

1 minute ago, Shadriss said:

It is normal, though certainly not desirable. I'm hoping it gets addressed at some point, but there's other issues he's addressing atm, if I get the gist of things right.

Thanks for confirming, wasn't sure if I had borked something. :) 

9 hours ago, Berlin said:

1. You are using an unsupported x64 version. 

2. This down here... v

Nhawks don't play.  He straight up will ignore this. I've seent it

Guessing you don't just get a supported x64 version either, uh, any other cloud packs for 1.0.5 x64? Only one I've seen working in the slightest is AVE Reborn. (Or is it the release of EVE or something that doesn't work?)

Edited by Cooly568
It derped

1.05 had no offical x64bit so no offical support of it. if u still on 1.05 useing 64x hack u should move to 1.1 as its 64x is stable and dont randomly ctd or freeze like the hacked way.

im playing on 1.1 and i think the clouds dont look very high res, actually they dont look like ultra. I did install the ultra one. Is anyone experiencing anything like that? i got lots of ksp installations so im gonna try it on a vanilla one when i get home. i guess i should also post a few pics. im kinda wondering if i expect too much but i have seen some amazing pics from people. im also using gemfx and reshade so i would expect to get even better sharpness on the textures.

Edited by techstepman

3 minutes ago, techstepman said:

im playing on 1.1 and i think the clouds dont look very high res, actually they dont look like ultra. I did install the ultra one. Is anyone experiencing anything like that? i got lots of ksp installations so im gonna try it on a vanilla one when i get home. i guess i should also post a few pics.

The only difference between res's is the textures of the clouds, ultra res is either 4k or 8k I forget. If you look closely you'll notice the difference.