Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

41 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

I made a Header for the page btw @Nhawks17

If you want to use it of course. 

If I can be reaaallyyyyy nitpicky, it'd be "pingopete's", not pingopetes...

Otherwise they look great! Can I ask what font you're using? It's in your thumbnails too and I gotta know! :wink: 

Edit: oh, and you missed an 'h' in enhancements. It's beautiful, but gotta have perfection for a mod that is perfection :3

Edited by MrMeeb

10 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

If I can be reaaallyyyyy nitpicky, it'd be "pingopete's", not pingopetes...

Otherwise they look great! Can I ask what font you're using? It's in your thumbnails too and I gotta know! :wink: 

Edit: oh, and you missed an 'h' in enhancements. It's beautiful, but gotta have perfection for a mod that is perfection :3

Lmao i just realized all that XD I'm pretty tired, thanks for showing me before i embarrassed myself even more. Yeah sure, the font is called Vanadine

Edited by sDaZe

4 hours ago, pingopete said:

Hey @Nhawks17, Have you been bale to get EVE to draw terrain textures in 1.1? I've got clouds and cities working just nothing for terrain :/

I haven't even tried doing the terrain textures since he moved out of the Overhaul branch. I was gonna poke it later on down the line :/ Maybe try poking Proot? I know he has terrain textures in his KSPRC pack, I just can't remember if he uses them through EVE or Kopernicus

9 hours ago, sDaZe said:

I made a Header for the page btw @Nhawks17

If you want to use it of course. 

Edited because im stupid :P 

I like I like. What about making the S, V, and E red like my signature thingy though :D 

7 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I haven't even tried doing the terrain textures since he moved out of the Overhaul branch. I was gonna poke it later on down the line :/ Maybe try poking Proot? I know he has terrain textures in his KSPRC pack, I just can't remember if he uses them through EVE or Kopernicus

I like I like. What about making the S, V, and E red like my signature thingy though :D 

Terrain shader is broken for the time being. I'll be coming back to it at some point, just not any time soon.

@rbray89 quick note on a nullspam issue with the bundled EVE.

Reported it in the Scatterer thread and issue is fixed with the latest AnyCpu-EVE.zip from 23 hours ago, maybe a repack is needed?
Thank you for all your hard work! :kiss:

6 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

So is using SVE redundant if I already have Scatterer and EVE installed?

Nah it's adds some cool stuff.  Textures and the like different cloud textures and higher resolution packs if I'm not mistaken. I don't know what eve's resolution is.  I prefer the way it looks over eve by itself.  But you of course must use eve to make sve work

26 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

So is using SVE redundant if I already have Scatterer and EVE installed?

17 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Nah it's adds some cool stuff.  Textures and the like different cloud textures and higher resolution packs if I'm not mistaken. I don't know what eve's resolution is.  I prefer the way it looks over eve by itself.  But you of course must use eve to make sve work

This

Edit:

Everyone lets give @sDaZe a big ol' round of applause for the new banner and the new image album <3 

Edited by Nhawks17

Ok I know I am being annoying but clearly there is a cache in my computer I am missing. Because now the city lights are on the light side of Kerbin. Can someone who runs this on a mac give me a hand by possibly letting me try their gamedata folder or let me know where ksp game data caches are because I am really at a loss. I have deleted every ksp file I can kind. They must be hidden. 

9 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

Ok I know I am being annoying but clearly there is a cache in my computer I am missing. Because now the city lights are on the light side of Kerbin. Can someone who runs this on a mac give me a hand by possibly letting me try their gamedata folder or let me know where ksp game data caches are because I am really at a loss. I have deleted every ksp file I can kind. They must be hidden. 

Man,  you may just need to sacrifice city lights to the kraken. At this point I'm pretty convinced that it's hardware related however I wish you luck in your quest to figure this out

Edited by Berlin

6 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Man,  you may just need to sacrifice city lights to the kraken. At this point I'm pretty convinced that it's hardware related however I wish you luck in your quest to figure this out

If it was hardware wouldn't I have pretty terrible artifacts and the game not working at all? I mean I wouldn't put it past my graphics card to be going but once I remove the city lights it looks beautiful. If my graphics card was failing the game would load with artifacts everywhere/crash. I'm still betting it's an errand file I can't find that's messing everything up.

Edited by sp1989

1 minute ago, sp1989 said:

If it was hardware wouldn't I have pretty terrible artifacts and the game not working at all? I mean I wouldn't put it past my graphics card to be going but once I remove the city lights it looks beautiful. If my graphics card was failing the game would load with artifacts everywhere/crash. I'm still betting it's an errand file I can't find that's messing everything up.

I was referring to the Mac. I see A LOT  of issues with macs lately. 

4 minutes ago, Berlin said:

I was referring to the Mac. I see A LOT  of issues with macs lately. 

What do you mean? My computer runs really well inside and outside of KSP. Aside from SVE city lights problems I have never not been able to figure about an issue like this. Even without the city lights the game and mod runs fine. It has to be something screwing with the mod that old and elusive. A file I mean. After numerous updates my game data folder still has the nasa missions folder in it. If one of you guys didn't tell me to get rid of it, it would have stayed there and I have deleted local content from steam before this whole 1.1 thing and the nasa missions folder remained. So I know that after updates dating back to .21 there are folders hidden deep within my computer that are now screwing with it and interacting badly with SVE. I just have to find it.

10 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

What do you mean? My computer runs really well inside and outside of KSP. Aside from SVE city lights problems I have never not been able to figure about an issue like this. Even without the city lights the game and mod runs fine. It has to be something screwing with the mod that old and elusive. A file I mean. After numerous updates my game data folder still has the nasa missions folder in it. If one of you guys didn't tell me to get rid of it, it would have stayed there and I have deleted local content from steam before this whole 1.1 thing and the nasa missions folder remained. So I know that after updates dating back to .21 there are folders hidden deep within my computer that are now screwing with it and interacting badly with SVE. I just have to find it.

And you are 100% sure you nuked KSP entirely? Nuke it, download a fresh KSP install, and use that. Don't use steam's interface to nuke it, just delete the KSP folder and tell steam to download it.

10 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

Sorry I didn't specify what I meant was there's been a lot of problems with KSP and Macs as of recently since 1.1. 

35 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

And you are 100% sure you nuked KSP entirely? Nuke it, download a fresh KSP install, and use that. Don't use steam's interface to nuke it, just delete the KSP folder and tell steam to download it.

I am so sorry @Nhawks17 for taking over this thread. I am just obsessed now with getting this to work right. @rbray89 from beginning to end this is what i do. Tell me where I am going wrong. Please tell me I am doing something wrong. 

@Nhawks17I know this is random and may already be addressed in one of the other 46 pages of this thread but, do you have plans to include a dusty fog on Minmus like in AVP? (I really don't know why my KSP feels so empty without it, but it does XD)

Edited by SP_S6

9 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

I am so sorry @Nhawks17 for taking over this thread. I am just obsessed now with getting this to work right. @rbray89 from beginning to end this is what i do. Tell me where I am going wrong. Please tell me I am doing something wrong. 

Install looks fine. Whatever it is, seems to be ether:

1) Texture read issue (certain macs can't handle 4k textures). Did you try medium/low res versions? Perhaps it is the texture format (try to convert to other format)?
2) Shader issue. Shader is not compatible with HW. I can't imagine why this would be the case. Try making sure all drivers are up to date?

16 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Install looks fine. Whatever it is, seems to be ether:

1) Texture read issue (certain macs can't handle 4k textures). Did you try medium/low res versions? Perhaps it is the texture format (try to convert to other format)?
2) Shader issue. Shader is not compatible with HW. I can't imagine why this would be the case. Try making sure all drivers are up to date?

The SVE I have installed is MR. For the record I have tried all version LR-UR all  have the exact same problem. I downloaded the most recent el-capitan updated yesterday so my drivers should be ok. 

Which texture format should I try? Would you mind looking at my logs again? Maybe there is something you missed. Also when I looked through it there seems to be alot of warnings regarding a pqs manager? I have no idea what I am looking at but I assume warning is not a good thing. Also in the 1.0.5 version of SVE there is pqs manager and in the 1.1 version there isn't. Could this have anything to do with the problem? 

KSP.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcybc65bdg6owx6/KSP.log?dl=0

Player.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log?dl=0

Edited by sp1989

19 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

The SVE I have installed is MR. For the record I have tried all version LR-UR all  have the exact same problem. I downloaded the most recent el-capitan updated yesterday so my drivers should be ok. 

Which texture format should I try? Would you mind looking at my logs again? Maybe there is something you missed. Also when I looked through it there seems to be alot of warnings regarding a pqs manager? I have no idea what I am looking at but I assume warning is not a good thing. Also in the 1.0.5 version of SVE there is pqs manager and in the 1.1 version there isn't. Could this have anything to do with the problem? 

No log issues from what I can see. What I'm telling you here is that it isn't a code problem (from EVE's standpoint anyways). This is either going to be an issue:

1) With Apples HW/drivers.

2) Unity framework issue.

Unless something is interfering with your download and/or install process (which I don't think we've seen).

Things that may be causing this:
1) Shader triggering something that doesn't want to work on specific Apple HW/FW/SW.

2) Format of texture.

Given that this looks as though the texture mask is being interpreted as fully opaque/full value my immediate guess would be texture format. 
It wouldn't really matter WHAT format you chose as long as KSP recognizes it (PNG/JPG/BMP/DDS(DXT5)/MBM). Choose any format that the mask texture is not currently. 

38 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

Okeydokey... I discovered the problem :) The CityLights Main texture is too big, even in the Medium Res. I didn't download the others, but I suspect they all have the high-res city-lights mask. @Nhawks17, I think the city-lights texture needs to be scaled in the releases to match the resolutions. A good workaround however would be to use the cubemap system. That would let you reach huge resolutions without indexing massive textures, letting those mac users with texture limitations access the higher res versions. @sp1989, in the meantime, you could try to rescale the city light texture yourself to a max of 2048x2048 (perhaps 4k, but I'm not certain of that).

3 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Okeydokey... I discovered the problem :) The CityLights Main texture is too big, even in the Medium Res. I didn't download the others, but I suspect they all have the high-res city-lights mask. @Nhawks17, I think the city-lights texture needs to be scaled in the releases to match the resolutions. A good workaround however would be to use the cubemap system. That would let you reach huge resolutions without indexing massive textures, letting those mac users with texture limitations access the higher res versions. @sp1989, in the meantime, you could try to rescale the city light texture yourself to a max of 2048x2048 (perhaps 4k, but I'm not certain of that).

Yes!!! How would I go about doing that? I really don't know how to edit config files and I am not comfortable doing it. As long as there is hope I am happy. If there is a possible solution coming in the future I am happy.