Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

57 minutes ago, hbkmog said:

New to this mod but just a stupid question here, what's the difference between this and EVE? I see that SVE includes EVE but what's added and different?

SVE just has alternate cloud textures and configs. There are more and some are higher resolution than EVE (if you use the higher resolution versions). Really just a preference on which clouds you like better.

16 minutes ago, McHox said:

what happened to the different resolutions?i'd love to use the high-res textures now that 64 bit works reliable :D

Nothing? They're still there. :huh:

2 minutes ago, Berlin said:

@Nhawks17 so kopernicus was literally just updated for 1.1 are the rings for jool plug and play or is recompiling necessary? 

Should be plug in play. I'm not going to add them back in until I redo them however but you can grab the stuff from the old versions and see if they work.

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Should be plug in play. I'm not going to add them back in until I redo them however but you can grab the stuff from the old versions and see if they work.

Nice I'll check and let you know

Just now, Berlin said:

@Nhawks17 so it doesn't work as far a I can tell. it causes the main screen to not have clouds and makes eclipse look like this. I know that you don't have anything to do with those issues just a heads up.SA3uSTe.pngkArU0UU.png

Ok, well this Kopernicus update was a big one so I'm not entirely surprised by that. Like I said earlier, I won't be re-adding them until I redo them so we will have to do without :( Also, looks like you need to disable one of the eclipse functionalities from either Scatterer or EVE. You have both on right now :P 

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Ok, well this Kopernicus update was a big one so I'm not entirely surprised by that. Like I said earlier, I won't be re-adding them until I redo them so we will have to do without :( Also, looks like you need to disable one of the eclipse functionalities from either Scatterer or EVE. You have both on right now :P 

yeah I noticed that too.

I get no clouds for some reason, using 1.0.5 kopernicus 0.6.3 and the latest 1.0.5 version of SVE, which is 0.5.7.

Do you have any ideas what I may be doing wrong? Just some common mistakes I can check.

22 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

First update for the full release of KSP 1.1! This means versions compatible with KSP 1.0.5 are no longer supported and I will not provide help unless you're on one of the latest SVE releases :) Enyoy!

2 minutes ago, ebigunso said:

I get no clouds for some reason, using 1.0.5 kopernicus 0.6.3 and the latest 1.0.5 version of SVE, which is 0.5.7.

Do you have any ideas what I may be doing wrong? Just some common mistakes I can check.

:( 

Ive said this already that I am done. But I am offically done. I have tried everything aside from factory reseting my computer to get SVE to work. I have simply just gotten rid of the city light textures and now it looks just wonderful The city light feature is a nice feature but obviously its just not meant to work for me. 

acpR4Ns.png

nInKPTG.png

3SLLIuy.png

Thats the sun setting on me trying to get the city textures to work. Anyway, as it is obviously clear your mod is a work of art. It makes Kerbin beautiful and that all I really wanted out of it. Standard kerbin doesn't have city textures. There is no reason to have them.....thats at least the rationale I am telling myself to feel better. So in that vein if there was city lights and city textures it would be a whole new planet all together. This way all SVE does is make Kerbin beautiful as its supposed to be. 

1 hour ago, sp1989 said:

Ive said this already that I am done. But I am offically done. I have tried everything aside from factory reseting my computer to get SVE to work. I have simply just gotten rid of the city light textures and now it looks just wonderful The city light feature is a nice feature but obviously its just not meant to work for me. 

Thats the sun setting on me trying to get the city textures to work. Anyway, as it is obviously clear your mod is a work of art. It makes Kerbin beautiful and that all I really wanted out of it. Standard kerbin doesn't have city textures. There is no reason to have them.....thats at least the rationale I am telling myself to feel better. So in that vein if there was city lights and city textures it would be a whole new planet all together. This way all SVE does is make Kerbin beautiful as its supposed to be. 

Sorry that we couldn't help you man :( But hey.. Least you got the clouds! :D 

From the screenshots, Jool looks amazing, which is why I downloaded this mod. The stock one and even most of the other graphics mods (EVE and so on) has it pretty mundane looking, just green, but the colors on your mod are really good.

But when I install it, Jool looks just green again, not like the screenshots at all. Is it possible I downloaded or installed something incorrectly? I just copied the folder to GameData (and the other planets look fine). I'm not using scatterer, but that shouldn't matter right?

WfnA9IW.png

33 minutes ago, CobraFive said:

hmm... scatterer just adds a blue haze and removes the detail, it looks even worse. The clouds are still just green though, not affected at all.8GzVTl5.png

By comparison, this is what it looks like in the gallery

LeBhfHP.png

Those screenshots in the OP are old.  They are from the early stages of this mods existence. Things have changed a lot since those pictures.  The top screenshot you posted is what it's supposed to look like currently.  If you don't like it then I'm sorry but that's what it is. I think it looks great. There is no changing that unless you can do it yourself. 

Edited by Berlin