Back Playing KSP Again!

TarkinLarson

Hello everyone,

I played KSP when it was fairly early on, but burnt out at release and took a break. I've recently installed it with news of 1.0.5 coming and have been thoroughly enjoying myself again.

I've started a new career and so far have got to orbit, orbited the Mun and have done some contracts to send satellites into certain orbits for practice. Although I use MechJeb (mainly just for DeltaV calculations) I haven't unlocked the later stages where it does all the hard work for you, so I'm still on manual flying.

I must say the progression is now a bit better in career. I feel a bit happier doing things in an iterative process, step by step. This feels rather natural at the moment, and hopefully in 1.0.5 the contextual contracts will improve on this even more.

I didn't think I'd come back to KSP for a long time, so good work to Squad for keeping it up with the updates!

I know how you feel. After a couple of 100 hours (perhaps 1000 h) playing ksp, I lost interest too. I started playing somithing else and didn't think i could get sucked in again. After a couple of months of playing other games i got bored and fired up ksp for the hell of it. I figured i would play one hour or so and then be done with it... but boy was i wrong. .. after one hour, i got hooked again, and I've been addicted againever since!

It's nice to see I'm not the only one. :) have fun

Edited by xendelaar

Haha they we certainly do! I'm fairly rookie at it. I've played for a goodly number of hours but haven't managed to make it beyond Kerbin and it's moons, not even with probes. Even in Sandbox before Science mode, my focus actually never went beyond; after the un-Kerbal-ed missions and then landings I set about a station to refuel in LKO. At that point I didn't get the hang of docking, or even rendesvous. Then other games I suppose.

With Science and now Career mode it's more "interesting", there's obviously that level of progression, at least in the parts which affect what you can do to a degree. In my Career I'm at the point where landings on Mun and Minmus are the next logical step, but I'm also gonna send probes further out. I'm feeling the bug again and it's a long weekend so time for some Kerbal-ing, come on end of work day ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.