[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Hi there,

I have an error loading the mechjeb plugin, here is the log, can anyone help me with what is wrong?

[ERR 16:49:49.637] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'MechJeb2': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MuMech.FuelNode' from assembly 'MechJeb2, Version=2.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MuMech.MechJebModuleStagingController' from assembly 'MechJeb2, Version=2.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MuMech.PositionTarget' from assembly 'MechJeb2, Version=2.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MuMech.PositionTarget' from assembly 'MechJeb2, Version=2.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<SetConsumptionRates>c__AnonStorey1' from assembly 'MechJeb2, Version=2.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<CanDrawNeededResources>c__AnonStorey2' from assembly 'MechJeb2, Version=2.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<HasStayingChutes>c__AnonStorey9' from assembly 'MechJeb2, Version=2.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I uploaded a new MechJebFARExt a min ago.

I've redownloadet it now and applied it -> still the same problem with MechJebFARExt.

(Please put versionsnumbers in the filename, it's hard to discuss about MechJebFARExt downloaded now or MechJebFARExt downloaded a minute ago.)

Hi there,

I have an error loading the mechjeb plugin, here is the log, can anyone help me with what is wrong?

I'd guess the fact that you use Version 2.0.9.0 from july 2013

Jasmir : I ll look into it later. It works with FAR v0.14.1.1 here ...

Just installed mechjeb 2.3.1.280 this morning, and the game crashes when I load a saved ship in the VAB. I tried it with 2 different ships, both with a MechJeb module.

KSP version 0.24.2.559.

When I reverted to 277 it works fine.

Here's the crash folder

EDIT: Here's one of the craft files that crashes. Just a straight-forward early tech orbiter for rescuing wayward kerbals.

Edited by GoatRider

I'd guess the fact that you use Version 2.0.9.0 from july 2013

Nope, I'm using version 2.3.1 as shown by this line of the log. I even re-installed mechjeb 2.3.1 to make sure. I have no other mods running.

[LOG 17:26:06.557] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'MechJeb2' V2.3

My log still shows all these references to 2.0.9 though eg:

[ERR 17:26:06.843] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'MechJeb2': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MuMech.FuelNode' from assembly 'MechJeb2, Version=2.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I discovered a bug with the "limit to terminal velocity" setting. It's a little surprising that it hasn't been noticed before.

Limiting to terminal velocity only limits your vertical, and not your surface velocity. I submitted a bug report to github.

Edited by lordkrike
typo

That's the point of limiting to terminal velocity; it's a way of maintaining optimal ascent speed so you don't run into too much atmosphere too quickly and create more drag than you need to by pushing up through it. If you're using the stock drag model it becomes much less important past 7 kM due to the pea soup Kerbin is made of.

Nope, I'm using version 2.3.1 as shown by this line of the log. I even re-installed mechjeb 2.3.1 to make sure. I have no other mods running.

My log still shows all these references to 2.0.9 though eg:

Get me a full log.

That's the point of limiting to terminal velocity; it's a way of maintaining optimal ascent speed so you don't run into too much atmosphere too quickly and create more drag than you need to by pushing up through it. If you're using the stock drag model it becomes much less important past 7 kM due to the pea soup Kerbin is made of.

Even at 10km, a moderately overengined craft pitching over to 45 degrees (the "typical kerbal ascent") can get pretty far beyond terminal velocity and lose you plenty of delta-v.

The "limit to terminal velocity" button should do exactly what it says, or it really messes with shallow ascents.

Sarbian,

Just fired the game up with 280, and the dV dialog is again not showing the data when the rocket is at the pad. At least for now, it is showing up in the VAB. See these screenshots:

Explorer on pad

Explorer in VAB

This is in the context of a new sandbox, with a new rocket.

EDIT: Seeing same issue with 281...

Edited by BARCLONE

I vouch for both reports from Barclone. I got the same problems, MJ not showing deltaV on launchpad (but doing ok on VAB), and no control at all from SmartASS (interface window responds to clicks, but no actual steering commands seen on ship).

BARCLONE log show a problem with MechJebFARExt not finding FAR.

I just did a test after downloading latest FAR, MJ & MechJebFARExt. A rocket similar to BARCLONE's worked fine in the VAB and on the launch pad, dV and all.

Not sure what's going on for you but I won't search more.

Edit : Be aware that The_Duck added some great patch to account for engine spool up/down time (as added in latest KW) and most AP work far better with those now. Translatron with jet engine may even be usable (I did not test that yet)

Edited by sarbian

Loving the new Maneuver Planner... but two things bug me; the maneuvers are in a very strange order (in the old versions they were more-or-less logical), and it no longer seems to same the-time-to-maneuver (instead, it always defaults to 0s).

The latest _released_ version of FAR is 0.14.1.1 - sarbian, what version is MechJebFARExt compiled against?

BARCLONE, your logs indicate you're running FAR 0.14.1.2 - If you are running MechJebFARExt remove it & try again.

FWIW, a version check / soft failback in FARext would be nice...

Edited by steve_v

Sarbian,

Might be a silly question but, If the version shown in the FAR thread isn't the latest, is there a better link? It's hard to DL something from a link that no one can find.

Since I don't do much with spaceplanes, I'll try dropping out that dll and see if it goes back to "normal".

[insert loud sucking sound here...]

Rocket at pad, dV numbers are back.

Rocket in flight, AGAP performed well, if a bit slow on the thrust vector action...

AGAP took the rocket to the desired 100 Km altitude and circularized at 102x97.

MP placed Jebediah on a path to Mun, looks like it trimmed at least 20 m/s dV off my feeble attempts to do it manually.

SA is holding attitude in orbit.

Home, recovered, reasonably safe... Whatever you consider "safe" for Jeb, anyway...

Looks like that extension dll was the culprit.

BTW, although the launch sequence takes getting used to, it feels more realistic to fire the engines, wait for a few seconds to spool up, then release the clamps. Now if Squad or a mod could get the rocket exhaust to shoot out the flame trenches to either side of the pad...

Edited by BARCLONE

BTW, although the launch sequence takes getting used to, it feels more realistic to fire the engines, wait for a few seconds to spool up, then release the clamps. Now if Squad or a mod could get the rocket exhaust to shoot out the flame trenches to either side of the pad...

Hot Rockets does do that a bit.

Sarbian,

Might be a silly question but, If the version shown in the FAR thread isn't the latest, is there a better link? It's hard to DL something from a link that no one can find.

Since I don't do much with spaceplanes, I'll try dropping out that dll and see if it goes back to "normal".

0.14.1.1 is the one in the far thread and the last on in the FAR release page on github

0.14.1.2 is the one in the source of the github repo, and is not the current release afaik.

Hot Rockets does do that a bit.

I have HotRockets installed, but it doesn't produce the effect. Nice exhausts, but not the side-scattering. Everything just gets swallowed up by the "black hole" beneath the pad...