[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

It's still there in my (current) version; looks a bit nicer now, too.

It's a long way up the tech tree if you're playing career, though.

I've got (what I thought at least) is the current version and I'm not seeing it. I'm in sandbox mode and I can't find it. There is a conical MJ command probe, but it's not like the spherical one I mentioned, nor do I have the engines, legs and shield.

I've got (what I thought at least) is the current version and I'm not seeing it. I'm in sandbox mode and I can't find it. There is a conical MJ command probe, but it's not like the spherical one I mentioned, nor do I have the engines, legs and shield.

The multipiece command probe your refering to hasn't been part of MJ since before Mechjeb 2.0.

I reduced the textures and create a animation to the light called light_emissive.

I want to use as the basis Mechjeb AR202, but know nothing about how to create an API. I paste the Mechjeb AR202 code to the MonoDevelop, but do not know the comand to run the animation.

I wish that when the green light AR202 turn on, initiates light_emissive animation and when the red light activates the animation stops.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english:sealed:

hello people

I made this model to replace the current model of the mech, but do not know how to configure it.

if someone can help me?

The download file has the model, difuse , normal and emissive textures

DONWLOAD

http://i.imgur.com/4vS4teC.jpg

The multipiece command probe your refering to hasn't been part of MJ since before Mechjeb 2.0.

Thanks for the heads up.

Is it still available anywhere, even as a relic? Do the files exist in any form that would be useful for 0.24.2?

Hello

First off all, nice mod. Thanks for doing this. I´m using it in all of my installs.

Since I found out that there is an ongoing dev version, I installed it (dev317).

Now I have a question. The return from a moon option behave diffrent than 2.3.1 I think.

Tested with a ship orbiting Minmus at 10km with an eccentricity of 0.000. Took the return from a moon option and adjusted the approximate final periapsis around Kerbin to 0km. Mech Jeb showed then the warning text: Recommended starting moon returns.... eccentricity <0.2 .....Planned return is startind from an orbit with eccentricity 3.05.....

After ignoring the warning (with 2.3.1 I have had the right starting conditions) and hitting execute next node button Mech Jeb started boosting at manoveur node but the eccentricity at the end of the manoveur was then 3.05 as it stood in the warning text as starting eccentricity. In addition the final periapsis around Kerbin wasn´t 0km. It was about 2100km.

So now, am I doing something wrong?

Dante

Hello

First off all, nice mod. Thanks for doing this. I´m using it in all of my installs.

Since I found out that there is an ongoing dev version, I installed it (dev317).

Now I have a question. The return from a moon option behave diffrent than 2.3.1 I think.

Tested with a ship orbiting Minmus at 10km with an eccentricity of 0.000. Took the return from a moon option and adjusted the approximate final periapsis around Kerbin to 0km. Mech Jeb showed then the warning text: Recommended starting moon returns.... eccentricity <0.2 .....Planned return is startind from an orbit with eccentricity 3.05.....

After ignoring the warning (with 2.3.1 I have had the right starting conditions) and hitting execute next node button Mech Jeb started boosting at manoveur node but the eccentricity at the end of the manoveur was then 3.05 as it stood in the warning text as starting eccentricity. In addition the final periapsis around Kerbin wasn´t 0km. It was about 2100km.

So now, am I doing something wrong?

Dante

I could be wrong but I believe that warning is because Minmus itself has an eccentric orbit which throws it off a bit.

Thanks for your replies

@sarbian

Yes I´m sure no second node.

Did a small test with 317 from Duna and then with 2.3.1 (always deleted old folder during install).

- 317 eccentricity warning 4.27ecc for start eccentricity -> after manoveur escape trajectory is about 4.27.

- 2.3.1. no warning, business a usual

Dante

Ah, I think I see the problem with the new code.

Unity GUI is a bit special and GUI code is called twice. With the new dev code it may mess up things a bit. I ll have to look into it more tomorrow

Thanks for the report

Edit : more precision since it may be interesting to other.

OnGUI is called once per GUI event. the common even are Layout and repaint, so you have at least 2 call per frame but you can have one for each of the events. You can know the current active event with Event.current, and to make sure you have something called on once you can make sure it s equal to EventType.Repaint

Edited by sarbian

I noticed a little bug in the dev version of MJ2 (#317 + the option FAR and Gimbal dlls). When using the B9 2.5m SABRE engine, MJ accurately computes the thrust and TWR in the VAB/SPH, but in flight it seems to only count one of the 4 nozzles (thus giving a few inaccurate readings). Is this a known bug or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks.

I noticed the return from moon issue awhile ago, but just assumed I was being an idiot. Usually a pretty safe bet.

I assumed the inaccuracies were due to MJ being bad at timing when to stop the burn. If it's due to maths then I'll welcome better accuracy.

Ah, I think I see the problem with the new code.

Unity GUI is a bit special and GUI code is called twice. With the new dev code it may mess up things a bit. I ll have to look into it more tomorrow

Thanks for the report

Edit : more precision since it may be interesting to other.

OnGUI is called once per GUI event. the common even are Layout and repaint, so you have at least 2 call per frame but you can have one for each of the events. You can know the current active event with Event.current, and to make sure you have something called on once you can make sure it s equal to EventType.Repaint

Actually the problem is even worse, the warning is computed on each frame, as soon as you create the maneuver it is updated because you are now hyperbolic.

I will check the other operations and submit a fix

I noticed something just now doing a rendezvous with an asteroid. The ship was thrust limited to 50% but MechJeb didn't seem to take it into account and smashed it straight into the rock. Is this a known problem?

I noticed something just now doing a rendezvous with an asteroid. The ship was thrust limited to 50% but MechJeb didn't seem to take it into account and smashed it straight into the rock. Is this a known problem?

So, the rendezvous was actually successful, didn't it ?

:D

I have fixed a few errors in my work on gimbal that may be related to this in the devs version after 312. Try with #317 and tell me if it's any better.

If not then I'll have a look, but you ll have to wait tomorrow since I won't have time today.

Just checked it does not seem to have helped, any other engines I put on a craft show up, but for some reason it does not like the FTmN engines.

I fixed a few things for the engines and merged xytovl fix for the orbital maneuver warning message.

The MechJebKMGimbalExt was updated too since it had the same error, so if you use it then get it again.