[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Question. Is the location of the runway and launchpad hard coded? I'm using the MoveKSC mod and MJ still thinks it's in the stock location. If it's in a settings file somewhere, i'm blind. So right now using the spaceplane guidance is less than helpful.

If it's not, I'd like to make a feature request :)

On the landing assistant, make the the button for [Target KSC] a dropdown with a list that could be configureable either from a GUI or just a config file.

Right now, i've placed flags as markers for landing zones for returning stages and flags off the end of my runway to help me.

Yes please!! I often use different landing areas. Such a feature could not only allow for present landing spots on Kerbin but also for ones on other SOIs for use for colonies, etc. :)

Two more tests failed.

Set a lander with deployed legs to gently drop from a launch clamp with engine running, then cut throttle followed by HyperEdit to 20 KM Mun orbit.

Same setup but used MechJeb to launch and at about 3 KM disabled ascent guidance then HyperEdit to 20 KM Mun orbit.

Didn't use RCS but with it on the outcome is no different, failure to work right.

In each case I set maneuver planner to change orbit inclination to 2 degrees at the equatorial AN. In each case it initially aligned correctly but partway through the burn it began to cut throttle to idle, aimed the engine at Mun and sat there with the gauge stuck at 0.3 M/sec to finish, gently wobbling about and slowly increasing altitude.

This is in a KSP install with only build 257 of MechJeb (only the DLL), the current HyperEdit, ReStock Reloaded (but none of its parts used), Module Manager 2.1.0.

This craft, http://pastebin.com/jCUE8Gsn built in .21, no crew. Or this craft, built in .23.5 http://pastebin.com/WMam2AKD Same results with both.

Using this MM cfg to add MechJeb

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
MechJebLocalSettings {
MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }
MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
}
}
}

Edited by Galane

I have to add my 2 cents in as well

for i am having the same issue, i'm using career mode and so far all i see is a tiny black dot where as if i click on it nothing happens. if i click an hold, some times i can get the little box to expand ( in a few different sizes i mite add ) but i can not get the control panel or task bar to show up.

I have researched a large portion of the tech so i got what i believe to be most of mechjeb researched.

i went back to curse and re read the instructions but after redownloading, and reinstalling the mod, its still the same issue.

took a couple pictures of it.

Outside my first space station, got it together before the last update when mechjeb was working

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=267776489

this one i got in a bit closer

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=267776596

and this is of my new lander, you can easily see the black dot on the solar panel

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=267776706

this is before i joined my space station together and the last update.

can clearly see the MJ button, same place as in the enw version but now its just a black dot instead of a button.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232017188

hope this helps for i love this addon. got me into orbit first time and learned how to stay there. course i still cant dock with out it lol

I had the same issue as well. However I finally fixed it after a couple of tries. For me, the error was that I had Navyfish's Docking Alignment Indicator which includes a folder named "000_Toolbar" in the GameData folder. All I did was updated the that folder to the newest version and everything worked fine after that.

hi, how to make sure my solar panels are always pointing at the sun in mechjeb?

There is no built-in way to do this, yet, but such a feature has been suggested and may be implemented at some later date.

For now, you will have to use manual roll-control to align your solar panels.

EDIT: Sorry, out of date info. Please ignore!

Edited by softweir

Has anyone tried using MJ with KSP-Interstellar? I'm having a big issue with the landing autopilot not dealing with the thermal rockets and thermal turbojet engines. I'm using MJ 2.2.1. The DT Vista engine (from KSP interstellar also) is fine, but the thermal rockets/turbojets don't seem to work right. It's like MJ doesn't understand their thrust profile and ... I'm not really sure how to explain it, it won't apply throttle smoothly to them and ends up crashing into the surface instead of .. not doing that. I can land it by hand, sure, but I'm wondering if anyone's noticed this or knows of a way to fix it?

hi, how to make sure my solar panels are always pointing at the sun in mechjeb?

Dev version build #253 introduced sun tracking to orient your ship with the sun as its target. That may not technically be the same as what you're asking for but it should do.

Dev version build #253 introduced sun tracking to orient your ship with the sun as its target. That may not technically be the same as what you're asking for but it should do.
This is exactly what i was looking for. Thank you!

My pause menu disappears when I try using a rocket with mechjeb attached to it, like the pause menu is completely gone and I have to crash the rocket or the program to get out. MJ is working perfectly, but the pause menu goes away. Any rocket launched without MJ and the pause menu is normal. MJ and KSP are both up to date. I tried searching, but couldn't find anything other than people suggesting updating MJ. Has anybody else had this issue? I app

My pause menu disappears when I try using a rocket with mechjeb attached to it, like the pause menu is completely gone and I have to crash the rocket or the program to get out. MJ is working perfectly, but the pause menu goes away. Any rocket launched without MJ and the pause menu is normal. MJ and KSP are both up to date. I tried searching, but couldn't find anything other than people suggesting updating MJ. Has anybody else had this issue? I app

What version MJ are you usimng? If it's not the latest dev version consider trying that. Make sure Toolbar is up to date if you have that. Also, log files:

Please post your output_log.txt file (or player.log if using MacOS or Linux)

To find this file:

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

My MJ version is MechJeb2-2.2.1.257 and KSP is 0.23.5. I checked the output log and it is nearly 25mb and looks like it has tons of errors like

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ScienceUtil.GetExperimentBiome'.

at MuMech.MechJebModuleTargetController.DoMapView () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Callback:invoke_void__this__ ()

at RenderingManager.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

These repeat and go on and on for thousands of pages in a document. Maybe I got corrupted files? I removed the mechjeb files and am going to download fresh files tomorrow when I get a chance.

My MJ version is MechJeb2-2.2.1.257 and KSP is 0.23.5. I checked the output log and it is nearly 25mb and looks like it has tons of errors like

These repeat and go on and on for thousands of pages in a document. Maybe I got corrupted files? I removed the mechjeb files and am going to download fresh files tomorrow when I get a chance.

Are there any other different unique errors? And what other mods are you running? (which is why I say to post the whole thing, so the answer to both questions would be readily available from the log.... you could put it in a drop box. Zipped up it would be small)

But going by that error and looking at the source suggests that you were at the map view selecting landing coordinates? Not sure why else you would be hitting that part of the code... Anyway you can try redownloading, won't hurt, but I'd suspect conflict with another mod before corrupt files....

Try relaunching KSP, go into your save, launch your ship, get MJ to do something, abort the launch, close the game, then check the size of the file. Don't play for a long time, just long enough to possibly generate some files. Also go into your debug menu and watch the log screen to see if errors start showing up. IIRC (Been a while) ALT-F12?

25mb seems a bit high and could be due to the game running for a while.

Try relaunching KSP, go into your save, launch your ship, get MJ to do something, abort the launch, close the game, then check the size of the file. Don't play for a long time, just long enough to possibly generate some files. Also go into your debug menu and watch the log screen to see if errors start showing up. IIRC (Been a while) ALT-F12?

25mb seems a bit high and could be due to the game running for a while.

25MB is probably due to non-stop errors in the log. It's high under normal circumstances, yes, but if this is happening when he's trying to opena menu then it's happening continuously.... it'll fill up fast.

Update on my issue, I re-downloaded all files and everything is working perfectly. The error log contained the exact same errors without change thousands of times, I wasn't attempting to select anything, just trying to launch my first rockets I'd made since .22 came out, hadn't even made it to the mun yet on that install yet. The only mod I had was MJ, but everything is working perfect now. I must have have had corrupt files or something.

I'm using KSP 23.5 and The latest dev build MechJeb2-2.2.1.257-257.

in the past I put in my command pods and all functions were unlocked.

MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

This appears to not work anymore. Is this a bug or did the way I add the module to the command pod and unlock all functions change.

Thanks

MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

This appears to not work anymore. Is this a bug or did the way I add the module to the command pod and unlock all functions change.

Thanks

What's the rest of the code like? I'm using something similar and it's working fine:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{

%MODULE[MechJebCore]

{

MechJebLocalSettings {

MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }

MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }

MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }

MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }

MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }

MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }

MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }

MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }

MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }

MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }

}

}

}

Granted, that's using ModuleManager and is tech-tree restricted, but still, it works fine and is "MechJebCore".. so yes, your code is somehow incorrect.

MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}

Thanks

that would definitely work in sandbox mode. might not in career mode. that config that Obsessedwithksp posted is careermode compatible

that would definitely work in sandbox mode. might not in career mode. that config that Obsessedwithksp posted is careermode compatible

Guess I wasn't clear that code has been working for my career mode games. until I updated to the lastest release and also the lastest DEV build. And yes Obsessedwith's code did work. I was tring to figure out what changed to have to have 20 extra lines in every pod if you wanted mechjeb fully functional at start.

Guess I wasn't clear that code has been working for my career mode games. until I updated to the lastest release and also the lastest DEV build. And yes Obsessedwith's code did work. I was tring to figure out what changed to have to have 20 extra lines in every pod if you wanted mechjeb fully functional at start.

I'm not aware that they changed anything like career mode defaults, like whether tech was required for a given MJ unlock but it sounds like that might have happened.