The KA-25: A Private Jet! [WIP]

Do you want to fly in comfort and style? Do you enjoy the amenities offered by a small private jetliner? Well, here's the plane for you!

The KA-25

a unique private jet

~~~

DTcvbKz.jpg

Your VIP Kerbals climb into the cabin on a ladder. A toggleable radial antenna ensures that this opening is safely sealed before flight.

lxWrTyJ.jpg

After all Kerbals are loaded, it's time for takeoff! Note the innovative window design that allows passengers to clearly see the ground.

xNNuLUd.jpg

The aircraft itself is powerful and extremely maneuverable, and the Kerbals within have the luxury of in-flight entertainment (two Illuminator "TVs") and full cabin lighting.

wEWDqgV.jpg

The KA-25 lands at a scant 40 m/s and glides extremely well, ensuring all passengers are safe and sound, wherever their final destination may be. (Note: The lack of Kerbals in the aircraft is due to this being a different test than was shown in the first three pictures.)

~~~

Statistics:

Partcount: 90 (reasonable)

Mass: 13.3t

Thrust: 2 "Whiplash" Turbojet Engines

Crew: 8 (two pilots; six passengers)

Maximum Safe Speed: 310 m/s

Stall Speed: 30 m/s (approximately)

~~~

Issues to be resolved before 1.0 release:

Timewarping causes structural failure.

It is occasionally difficult to wrangle Kerbals into the aircraft.

Design is finicky with lifting off; it often takes the majority of the runway to do so with full crew.

ETA for 1.0 Release:

Who knows? It depends on my schedule, which is quite busy now unfortunately. I should be done with this thing soon though.

~~~

Thanks for taking a peek into the development process! Let me know if you have any suggestions, or if you like what you see. :)

Happy flying!

-Upsilon

Little interiors are always cool in aircraft and I like what you have done here. Being brutally honest it looks unfinished though.

Maybe spend a little time cleaning up the edges and covering up the gaps in the fuselage. It could be really cool! Phew I just saw it's a WIP.

Then that's perfect! You can improve it. GJ dude.

MJ

Little interiors are always cool in aircraft and I like what you have done here. Being brutally honest it looks unfinished though.

Maybe spend a little time cleaning up the edges and covering up the gaps in the fuselage. It could be really cool! Phew I just saw it's a WIP.

Then that's perfect! You can improve it. GJ dude.

MJ

Some edge cleaning-up is definitely in order. I'm not sure what you mean by "gaps in the fuselage" though... the only notable ones I see are known as "windows" and allow Kerbals to see out of the aircraft. They were put there deliberately, though maybe I can try to make that a little more clear :D

I don't know who rated this craft 2/5 stars, but I'm frankly a little disappointed. Remember, ladies and gents: If you don't like a design or idea, it's best to say why on the thread! That way, I know how to improve my designs before they're officially released, which is a win-win for everyone.

I'll end this post with a picture inside the plane before some minor renovations were made (the Kerbals' helmets don't clip into the ceiling anymore). You know how the fastest safe speed is 310 m/s? Well, I've gotten the craft up to 660 m/s and still made a safe landing. Bob does not like it though:

UOleuoA.jpg

-Upsilon

Some edge cleaning-up is definitely in order. I'm not sure what you mean by "gaps in the fuselage" though... the only notable ones I see are known as "windows" and allow Kerbals to see out of the aircraft. They were put there deliberately, though maybe I can try to make that a little more clear :D

I don't know who rated this craft 2/5 stars, but I'm frankly a little disappointed. Remember, ladies and gents: If you don't like a design or idea, it's best to say why on the thread! That way, I know how to improve my designs before they're officially released, which is a win-win for everyone.

I'll end this post with a picture inside the plane before some minor renovations were made (the Kerbals' helmets don't clip into the ceiling anymore). You know how the fastest safe speed is 310 m/s? Well, I've gotten the craft up to 660 m/s and still made a safe landing. Bob does not like it though:

-Upsilon

LOL sorry, easy mistake to make.. Yeah maybe a something to show its a window. And, as always, ignore the star rating, it's open to misuse.

Most of these rating systems could use a can't rate without a post, to disabuse the casual troll

I've always wondered who it actually is who does that, there don't seem to be so many trolls actually posting anywhere, or maybe just the mods are really good at catching them.

I think you could possibly use struts to divide it up to look more like windows. It'll be a bit tedious to make them straight though. Also, I think it woud lok better with another pocket I-beam (possibly clipped into the one behind it to fit) instead of that flatter i beam would look better. As you can see, right now it is a lower elevation than the I-Beam behind it, but If you raise it, the "flaps" stick out and ruin the sleek look. Finally, in that gap between the fuselage and the body, maybe add anther backwards intake, as right now there's a little visible gap, so clip one slightly into the fuselage, and the other slightly farther out than hat they are right now. Other than that, this is great plane! I really suck at making interiors :(

Honestly, when I first saw this, I thought it was just a normal wings-and-fuselage Mk2 design.. until I saw the wing parts.

Awesome! Would you mind showing pictures of the interior?

I know there is one guy who consistently trolls Colombia

Not to get off topic, but, yeah, but most people agreed with him. I thought the problem was on my side to heed this "feedback."

Honestly, when I first saw this, I thought it was just a normal wings-and-fuselage Mk2 design.. until I saw the wing parts.

Awesome! Would you mind showing pictures of the interior?

Not to get off topic, but, yeah, but most people agreed with him. I thought the problem was on my side to heed this "feedback."

I think people thought it could use some work, there was no need to be harsh or disparaging, what is a 'clipfest' anyway, without clipping we would not have anything half as cool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.