Sprite XT-1 Super Heavy Launch Vehicle

i thought this one was worth posting - i call it the Sprite XT-1 SHLV ::)

behold: :o

SHLV.png

this beast has enough 'uumph' to make it to the moon (whenever there is a moon, that is...) - it can blast into a 60K circular orbit and still hold half a tank in the third stage and a whole fourth stage still unfired 8)

requires a bunch of addons -

* my just-because heatshield

* the SIDR parts pack 0.81

* Wobbly Rockets 1_08

* Micro engine and fuel tank

flying notes:

* it's not recommended to blast off with full throttle -- launch with 30% and increase to full once clear of the pad

* SAS availability is minimal - and absent in the upper stages - you shouldn't need it tho - it's quite stable (i hope)

* the eight SRBs are rigged to activate in a sequence of four first, then two and then two more

* once the last pair of boosters goes - the bertha engine will heat up quite fast (dunno why it does that) - throttle down, lest it blows

* a healthy amount of fear is recommended when flying this thing - it just might murder you otherwise

:cheers:

that's 60km...

maybe with the new version of the SIDR parts... it seems the fuel storage values were revised... you get more juice now ::)

Right now they're a midpoint between the 1m and 2m tank sizes. Shouldn't be too unbalanced.

Though, I'm the only one taking prices of parts into account for balance purposes...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.