Yay, KSP unplayable again for 4-6 weeks.

Pixel Kola

Hm, I will consider funding your kickstarter. Perhaps you could bring a lot of benefit to KSP. However, I wouldn't trust my money to just anyone, so please post your experience with game development. How many years have you led a team of programmers? What are your qualifications in game design? Finally, what will you do differently than Squad that will make KSP better, and how will you ensure that your plan remains profitable?

I do agree, but with 1.0.5 I have had a very good time with just mech jeb and a couple camera tool things.

I guess my statement was kinda closed-minded. I'm fine with mods like those, they can enhance gameplay a lot. But not being able to have any fun without mods like Real Solar System or B9 is ridiculous.

"Hm, I will consider funding your kickstarter. Perhaps you could bring a lot of benefit to KSP. However, I wouldn't trust my money to just anyone, so please post your experience with game development. How many years have you led a team of programmers? What are your qualifications in game design? Finally, what will you do differently than Squad that will make KSP better, and how will you ensure that your plan remains profitable?"

He will release the update to modders, and then not release it publicly until EVERY SINGLE MODDER is ready. Also, he'll remove oceans because those distract from space.

Edited by Choctofliatrio

This: "Unplayable" is a very dubious claim, look at me, I'm playing it, and I'm having fun!

http://i.imgur.com/5IVotAc.png

Myth that 1.0.5 is unplayable, busted. The only bugs I've gotten so far were carryovers from previous versions, and not that major. If the complaint is that "mods are broken" then really, that's to be expected with any update to almost any game; if you don't want it to auto-update set Steam to not update it for you until you need it to. If you're not using steam then.. Didn't you update it yourself?

Agreed. And mods aren't even that terrible in the update, many of them still work fine.

As for the OP: Posts like this are horrible. That's with rolled Rs and a really long and drawn out ho sound. Especially this part, this is the funniest.

Post all the typical responses with attempts at humor and humiliation you desire.. just understand that I do not care and your attempts to aggravate me are futile. In fact, I'm just going to step away from the game for a few months until it appears to be at least somewhat playable again so I won't even be reading your responses.

Don't let Kerbin's gravity hit you on your way out.

Edited by GregroxMun

Okay guys, I think we've let this salt train run it's course long enough. OP didn't open the possibility for discussion, and we've had three pages of... not discussion. Yeah, the dude is salty, but that's his issue, not ours. Let's leave this one to be buried.

As usual, a new patch = total obliteration of the fun in the game unless you are into bland, boring, incoherent, illogical stock. What do they do that blows up so many mods so completely? Do they really change THAT much in the workings? Now we must wait for each mod to trickle in, and get updated constantly for weeks and weeks.

No point in even trying to enjoy it until 1.1 which I'm sure will 2x the destruction of fun/mods, and then it will be another couple of months for things to finally settle and the game to once again be enjoyable and playable.

Does Squad need someone to give them guidance and purpose in the game? A game designer perhaps? I'll start a Kickstarter and raise capital to buy the product and take it to where it should be going. just give me a number Squad and I'll be glad to take it off your hands. As it is now it would be the beta for what I would have in store. It's underwhelming and uninspiring at every turn.

So we have buoyancy.. so what. Give us a reason to use it or even care. So we have an air breathing tiny set... so what. now you can go less distance and get there slower. Yeah its fun to play around the ksc with a seat and a kerbal... Just more uselessness and unplayability. I've never seen a product try so hard and not having a purpose. No, I don't like sandbox. What's the point of doing anything if you can do anything?

I'm just gonna step back for a few months until its playable again.

Post all the typical responses with attempts at humor and humiliation you desire.. just understand that I do not care and your attempts to aggravate me are futile. In fact, I'm just going to step away from the game for a few months until it appears to be at least somewhat playable again so I won't even be reading your responses.

Mods are for idiots and the only way to play is 100% stock. Have I taught you nothing?!?

As with every new version I started over with a new save. This time I was inspired to do more with aircraft & space planes and did something that I've never done before in KSP and put a space plane in orbit! Yes some changes can be frustrating, but even without updated mods this game is AWESOME IMO.

GRHR315.png

(thanks to poor placement of the RCS clusters I was unable actually dock with my new LKO station, but whatever)

Well, it seems that Squad might be in need of a QA team that could help them avoid silent patches and might point out flaws that were not discovered by the coders. I think it's really just a lack of proper QA that Squad is suffering from.

I just came here to say LOL @ OP.

Seriously...

You have at least 3 options to choose from:

1. Keep using 1.04 until mods upgrade. Mods breaking is definitely NOT a good reason to stop updating the game...

2. Play 1.05 stock or almost stock. Stock game has improved very much and is very fun and enjoyable for me at least. But is no doubt harder than with some easymode mods that do half the stuff for you ;)

3. Stop playing if you dont like it. You can come back when the mods update or when/if stock game is good enough for you or you can stop alltogether. Just stop complaining at least...

QA team will always have a testing time much smaller than the first hour of player running the game. Pre-planned testing scenarios can be quite efficient to run efficient testing, but I'm not sure those are easy to do in KSP which is a very complex piece of software. There could be much more than thousands of testing scenarios.

The only way to do some more efficient testing is to get a bigger QA team and do some longer tests. But from what I understood QA tester isn't a full time job ;) so real testing time is quite limited.

On the other hand, dealing with a bigger QA Team is harder for SQUAD. Bug reports have to be quite thorough (not "It doesn't work!"). We've seen that Squad want very specific testers which can find an describe bugs efficiently.

There is no ONE way to deal with QA, and certainly no perfect one. Giving more time to QA Team would only delay release and may not discover much more bugs.

Even big organisation which release very simple software which can be testing using coverage scenarios still have bugs.

The way I read this complaint is "KSP updates should be so minor that they are fully reverse compatible with software Squad has no control over".

I have no idea how anybody would be able to do this.

All I can suggest is

A) Play 1.04 with mods until the mods are updated for 1.05

B) Play 1.05 stock

or

C) Go do something else until the mods for 1.05 are ready.

Best,

-Slashy

/this is one of the reasons why I don't do mods

I read it more as the opposite. When they release updates that changes the game to the point where it breaks mods or save games, it would be better to space them out for more major updates, like what was originally planned for 1.1 before they decided to release 1.05. The problem is that when finally mods are working again there is yet another update that breaks them, while not really adding anything significant. And with all the bugs and optimizations issues, it would be better to focus on fixing bugs and optimizing it in between the larger game changing updates. If this was early access still this would all be fine, but with a game that has been officially released you dont expect it to break your mods and save games constantly. Why this game is not early access still or at very least beta it beyond my understanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Mods please close this thread. OP is just trolling, and everyone bites the bait.

Great logic.. Everyone who has a different opinion than you or does not white knight everything squad does is automatically a troll..

Every.....Single......Update.....There's SOMEONE....

I know right.

For 1.0.5, I re-installed KSP, CKAN, and made two lists: unupdated mods, and updated mods.

I still have 38 mods to wait for update though, and KER is one of them :(

You have to wait only a week for most mods to update.

I don't get game breaking bugs anymore though, so that is nice. :D

I like 1.0.5

EDIT: OP's only recent post is this thread. :huh:

And OP has only 17 posts.

Edited by Thegamer211

Great logic.. Everyone who has a different opinion than you or does not white knight everything squad does is automatically a troll..

I don't white knight. If criticism is in order, I like to voice it. "WAH WAH UNPLAYABLE WAH ;.; " is not criticism, it's just whining. People who write cowmulch like "'ll start a Kickstarter and raise capital to buy the product and take it to where it should be going." are either physically/mentally 15 years old, or they are trolling.

Proper criticism explaines what should be improved and why. Good criticism even has a sense for how much effort is required to do that. Has OP provided any of that? No. He's literally just complaining that THE GAME MOVED FORWARD, implemented things he doesn't care about and broke all his mods. Do you call that a valuable "opinion"?

I'm not gonna repeat why OP doesn't make sense, plenty of people did that already.

As for this thread:

- OP has never been seen since his OP.

There are only two kinds of posts in this thread now:

- People piling on their hate for Squad

- People explaining why OP is wrong

Only a very small minority provides actually useful feedback, but this gets drowned out by the other two groups, and should probably go in another place. So I ask you, why keep this thread alive?

ps.: I wish OP would create a game company and make a game. Not because he'll succeed, but because maybe he'll understand that posts like this are not helpful.

This thread seems to have devolved into some personal attacks, and the OP started it with a post saying they're not interested in any response. Whatever usefulness this thread might have had has long since expired, time for the lock before people say things they'll later regret.