Different Map Display Modes

If I remember correctly, there are 4 different\' display modes for patched conics in the map. However, the descriptions are slightly less than helpful, I just can\'t visualize them. Does anyone have screenshots of the different modes? I\'ll put them in this thread if I get some before others post.

I can\'t put up a screenshot, but 1 and 3 are the only useful ones. 1 is the default I believe, so I hope you know what that looks like. And 3 is unbroken and all curvy and pretty. It shows the exact path you follow in space. Its my favorite.

I can\'t put up a screenshot, but 1 and 3 are the only useful ones. 1 is the default I believe, so I hope you know what that looks like. And 3 is unbroken and all curvy and pretty. It shows the exact path you follow in space. Its my favorite.

How do you switch modes?

Ok, I went through and took pictures of all five modes. Here they are.

Mode 1

The default mode we are used to.

8otJr.png

Mode 2

Rather than the initial SOI change being connected, it shows the exit being connected. Otherwise it is exactly the same as mode 1.

DvV7x.png

Mode 3

Draws path as one connected line. Seems to show path in space relative to largest sphere of influence.

ivKMv.png

Mode 4

Um.....I have no idea what to say about it, this is what it looks like though.

KRV6N.png

Mode 5

Seems to somehow show paths relative to the ship in its current position. The path the ship takes in the Mun\'s SOI is kind of under the icon for the ship.

DbrRg.png

Confused newbie here. What is that purple line? Is it something I\'m supposed to have by 'default,' or is it from a mod?

I increased the SOI transfers shown up to 5 so I could see what was going on a little better.