Apollo Mission Recreation (And More!) [Requesting Ground Crew Aid!]

ZooNamedGames

[quote name='SparkyFox']so pretty much I'm not allowed to breath unless Im told so?[/QUOTE]
No, just listen and follow orders. You are still a commander, so you still have some rank. We are all working as a team, but in different fields. For example, I am not very high up in mission control, as I basically narrate what's going on.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Also remember that at that time, almost everyone was military.

[quote name='CliftonM']No, just listen and follow orders. You are still a commander, so you still have some rank. We are all working as a team, but in different fields. For example, I am not very high up in mission control, as I basically narrate what's going on.[/QUOTE]

I was kidding when I said that about breathing, I know ive to listen and follow orders aswell as give my own that im probably gonna get told but still able to make decisions BUUUUT I STILL GET THE IMPORTANT JOB :D

[quote name='SparkyFox']I was kidding when I said that about breathing, I know ive to listen and follow orders aswell as give my own that im probably gonna get told but still able to make decisions BUUUUT I STILL GET THE IMPORTANT JOB :D[/QUOTE]
We couldn't do it without you.

[quote name='adsii1970']Nope, you're not wrong. They've all been fixed now.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.. although can you make some stylized version of the patches?

Like mine's gonna have a maneuver node.

Booster's gonna have a rocket on his patch.

Capcom has a headset on his patch.

PAO's has a megaphone.

EECOM has batteries and food bags

FAO has a checklist

INCO has satellite dishes.

Retro shows a trajectory onto the planet.

Range safety shows a launchpad. Edited by MK3424

[quote name='MK3424']Thanks.. although can you make some stylized version of the patches?

Like mine's gonna have a maneuver node.

Booster's gonna have a rocket on his patch.

Capcom has a headset on his patch.

PAO's has a megaphone.

EECOM has batteries and food bags

FAO has a checklist

INCO has satellite dishes.

Retro shows a trajectory onto the planet.

Range safety shows a launchpad.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SparkyFox']does every group thing need the weird random dude?[/QUOTE]

Nope, although I respect your opinion, I decided not to do that long before I even posted the images. To me, it made sense that the flight crew should have something special - such as flight wings added to their badges. NASA did this for the Astronauts - even the civilian ones - for the hat-tip to the hard physical demands placed on flight crews during training and the actual mission. So, I kept that bit of realism.

I did put a wreath and star on the mission director for the simple reason - I thought it looked cool, The only other name badge where I thought any symbol was needed was the flight surgeon, because under NACA, NASA's precedent, the flight surgeon was always either a U.S. Navy or U.S. Air Force physician with the rank of Brigadier General. Since NACA was to be a civilian agency with military personnel working at it, the medical caduceus was used to indicate the position.

To add a special graphic to each and every one would not only take away from the crisp and clean looks of the images, but would also cause the text to become condensed in some cases. Most of the clip art for the images you suggest would also look a bit cartoon-ish, something I try to avoid.

When I initially posted the first signature images - beyond the mission patch, those were meant as gravy for everyone involved. These were never requested by ZooNamedGames, but something I did on my own. Freebies, if you will. If you don't like them, then don't use them or I can always delete them if they become an issue of contention for those involved with the project.

These are just my thoughts on the matter. Edited by adsii1970

I don't have the time to make a full plugin, but I made this web page instead.

[url]http://www.eltrin.com/WebHost/Users/CliftonM/KerbHealth/[/url]

[quote name='adsii1970']Nope, although I respect your opinion, I decided not to do that long before I even posted the images. To me, it made sense that the flight crew should have something special - such as flight wings added to their badges. NASA did this for the Astronauts - even the civilian ones - for the hat-tip to the hard physical demands placed on flight crews during training and the actual mission. So, I kept that bit of realism.

I did put a wreath and star on the mission director for the simple reason - I thought it looked cool, The only other name badge where I thought any symbol was needed was the flight surgeon, because under NACA, NASA's precedent, the flight surgeon was always either a U.S. Navy or U.S. Air Force physician with the rank of Brigadier General. Since NACA was to be a civilian agency with military personnel working at it, the medical caduceus was used to indicate the position.

To add a special graphic to each and every one would not only take away from the crisp and clean looks of the images, but would also cause the text to become condensed in some cases. Most of the clip art for the images you suggest would also look a bit cartoon-ish, something I try to avoid.

When I initially posted the first signature images - beyond the mission patch, those were meant as gravy for everyone involved. These were never requested by ZooNamedGames, but something I did on my own. Freebies, if you will. If you don't like them, then don't use them or I can always delete them if they become an issue of contention for those involved with the project.

These are just my thoughts on the matter.[/QUOTE]

It was a suggestion, but i do like the mission patches.

[quote name='CliftonM']I don't have the time to make a full plugin, but I made this web page instead.

[url]http://www.eltrin.com/WebHost/Users/CliftonM/KerbHealth/[/url][/QUOTE]

Great little thing... Guess we can use it at the end of each day to simulate their general health. Still doesn't warrant a full additional role, so keep working if you guys want surgeon.

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']Great little thing... Guess we can use it at the end of each day to simulate their general health. Still doesn't warrant a full additional role, so keep working if you guys want surgeon.[/QUOTE]

it doesn't work too good?, I mean lets say kerbal 2 is getting to the moon and it says he's in the ER, how can he be in the ER if he's piloting the ship

[quote name='SparkyFox']it doesn't work too good?, I mean lets say kerbal 2 is getting to the moon and it says he's in the ER, how can he be in the ER if he's piloting the ship[/QUOTE]

I guess when we get those mid mission we can just retry and see what we get the second time around.

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']I guess when we get those mid mission we can just retry and see what we get the second time around.[/QUOTE]
I can make a prelaunch, launch, in flight, and on surface mode if you want.

I'm scared about the new forum software...

Also, goodbye KMC...

Added different modes, so it fits better.

Between the time of the forum being down, we should probably use the steam discussion.

[quote name='CliftonM']I can make a prelaunch, launch, in flight, and on surface mode if you want.

I'm scared about the new forum software...

Also, goodbye KMC...

Added different modes, so it fits better.

Between the time of the forum being down, we should probably use the steam discussion.[/QUOTE]

Weeping for days!!! The KMC is my LIVELYHOOD... And they're stealing it from me!

[quote name='CliftonM']I backed up the entire thing to PDF.[/QUOTE]

Can you backup the KMC and a few other small companies? Go to the KMC homepage and look under branches or something and backup Kerbal Military (KM) and Grumman Airtech. They were key to me getting here. Please please!!

Dear god this feels like chaos!

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']Still deciding the launch time of the SG-1 mission so it's possible you could be there, and sure. You can listen, but no mic. I want to limit all coms traffic if at all possible.[/QUOTE]

Great! What's the link to the Steam group for this again?

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']Weeping for days!!! The KMC is my LIVELYHOOD... And they're stealing it from me!

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Can you backup the KMC and a few other small companies? Go to the KMC homepage and look under branches or something and backup Kerbal Military (KM) and Grumman Airtech. They were key to me getting here. Please please!!

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Dear god this feels like chaos![/QUOTE]

no theyre not im stealing it back!