Parts Not Snapping To Nodes?

So, I have this Clamp-o-tron I'd like to have aligned with the stack. (Actually I have two, a Jr. atop the capsule, and a standard on the bottom of the same lander. The top one, so I can attach tourist capsules for delivery to their destos, and the bottom one so I can park it on my space station when not in use.)

Thing is, every time I build something to this standard I spend 10-15 minutes fiddling with the positioning of the damned things because they won't snap to the stack like parts usually do. Because of this, I can be nearly certain that I'm moving my CoM away from my CoT... No problem for mun and minmus hops, I'm sure, but it's going to no doubt cause issues for my Duna-bound tourists.

halp?

Edited by qoonpooka

As Snark says, the Alt key is the complete solution for that problem. But as trivia, I can generally place docking ports snapped to the node without using Alt by simply viewing the stack from the side while placing the port, rather than looking down on the node from the top. Your mileage may vary.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.