1.0.5 is out!!!!! post your fist craft here.

Built myself this mini-shuttle. At $35,000, she's probably not that economical as I have rockets that can do the same job and get about the same value recovered, but I'm still tweaking things. But economics are one thing; She works very well thus far, aside from some foibles I should be able to correct.

tumblr_nxky2lPnjK1u8zapwo1_540.jpg

More than enough delta-v to get to orbit...I know that because one of the problems is that until she gets to over 20K meters, even trying to start a gravity turn starts the whole thing cartwheeling. But I can probably fix that and she had enough fuel to make orbit anyway, as you can see below.

tumblr_nxky2lPnjK1u8zapwo2_540.jpg

tumblr_nxky2lPnjK1u8zapwo3_540.jpg

I just allllmost made it to orbit solely on the boosters followed by the Skipper. If I can do that with the cartwheel, I might be able to hold onto some of big tanks fuel until she's in orbit and have the entire fuel load for the 909 to go places if I can fly her normally all the way up. I ended up in a 100x100 orbit with about 3/4 of a tank or so and did NOT do my best piloting job ever getting up there.

Reentry went fine, and the little jets worked great once I got to lower altitude. On the other hand...

tumblr_nxky2lPnjK1u8zapwo4_540.jpg

...I may need to work on my landing gear's stability. Think the footprints...a little narrow for me...

Edited by Captain Vlad

Although I like the new parts, 1.0.5 is for me a huge disappointment. Performance has dropped even further, the stock turbines are dead again, the stock submarine I built won't dive anymore.

On the bright side, I've updated my BUFF2 with the Goliath engine. Speed has increased with ~50 m/s

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm wonder what the FAR versions will do.

After upgrading and testing about 15 old planes, I just had to build a flying boat:

DqnjAB5.png

Tomorrow... don´t know. Maybe a new shuttle, maybe a submarine... so many new possibilities! :D

Edited by KerrMü

the stock turbines are dead again

Wait... what do you mean?

I still haven't gotten my hands on 1.0.5, but perhaps the first thing I would do is check if my main ships are still working. Then I'd fool around with the new parts.

Do you mean it is uggly? It doesn't fit my YF-12 so much as i thought :(

Not really. But it doesn't belong in space! I had a ton of stuff that relied on the perfectly up-to-date "old" Mk I cockpit, and all the designs with that are ruined pending a rebuild. I know I'm not going to use the new one much... and it didn't have to replace the old one. I think it's my one big disappointment with this update. Which is awesome in pretty much all other respects.

Rune. Ok, maybe the Vector is a bit OP.

Not really. But it doesn't belong in space! I had a ton of stuff that relied on the perfectly up-to-date "old" Mk I cockpit, and all the designs with that are ruined pending a rebuild. I know I'm not going to use the new one much... and it didn't have to replace the old one. I think it's my one big disappointment with this update. Which is awesome in pretty much all other respects.

Rune. Ok, maybe the Vector is a bit OP.

you can use my copit for your crafts if you want

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.