Tornado 5. New version

After todays update to 1.0.5 i desided to update the Tornado 5 a little bit since its my all time favourite aircraft :D (i have been doing aircrafts since 0.18).

As you might have quessed the Tornado 5 is supposed to be a followup to the line of Tornado aircrafts designed by tails himself. And what can i say, i still have the most fun ever in KSP when i fly this thing around the KSC since it manouvers around very quickly and responsivly, aka it doesnt feel like it lacks on manouverability nor does it feel like its about to go out of control if i hold S or W down.

It unfortunetly is not the fastest thing around but the top speed of around 140-150 m/s is not too bad, plus its a biplane so what can you expect.

The desing began when i tought that i should make the new Tornado look more modern and not just like another biplane hence the wing design and the choise of a turboprop engine.

This version of the Tornado has a turboprop and jet engines both in use at the same time to increase survivability (even if the turboprop explodes the aircraft can still fly) and speed (no need for a transformed version just to get more speed).

The cockpit came together after i tought that if im gonna make a Tornado it needs to be a twin seater aircraft so the Firespitter pack WW1 biplane cocpit was not gonna work so i instead made a custom one. Unfortunetly by doing this i had to sacrifice IVA and be stuck in 3rd person view, but i dont mind.

Here are some picks of it in action.

In the pick below you can see the cockpit and the technical data of the aircraft.

m3RaE3M.png

pxrZW08.png

I just love pleasing/annoying the heck out of the KSC staff by doing crazy stunts and crashing half the time due to a small pilot error :wink:. (overconfidense FTW :P).

uIIjxVg.png

"Dont worry guys, well be fine" (Miles "Tails" Prower from Sonic-X)

BJez4Lk.png

"Come one big boy, show me what youve got" (Again Tails from Sonic-X). And here we have a pick of me taking down another enemy aircraft with the special armed version.

6viRDV6.png

"AAAA!, NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL AN EMERGENCY" (again Tails from Sonic-X). Remember when i mentioned the small pilot errors, well this is one of them (tried to pull up but the wing hit the ground).

"Hold on, this might get tricky" (again Tails from Sonic-X).

IXidVxa.png

After some very tricky flying i managed to land with only losing the turboprop, witch sometimes brakes durning landings cause the propellor is a bit too big and has an actual hitbox so if the nose points down too much it boom time.

Here as a bonus i have for you the transformed version. (its uncontrollable)

GSnvX0w.png

Here is a drawring of the Tornado 5 in the same colours as the Tornado 2 in Sonic-X and Sonic Adventure 2.

Wanted to see what it would look like in those colours, and i have to say i think it looks better that way.

I drew this picture by basically taping a piece of A3 paper on the screen and having the original screen shot in the background working as a guide of sorts.

Mq0Uvkb.jpg

And finally we have the Flags used in this and other of my aircrafts that you have seen before. And yes i am a big fan of tails hence the reason you see this flag on pretty much everyone of my crafts. It also works a a sort of seal of quality for me, aka i wont be putting this flag on aircrafts that are bad/crap.

All credit for the flag goes to nintendrawer of deviantart who made the tails_sheet from witch the pick originates. i just did a 5minute copy and paste job in Paint.

Link tothe original one: http://nintendrawer.deviantart.com/art/tails-sheet-151285410

There are currently 3 flags that i use. The first one is the one i use the most, the second one i use more rarely and the final one is actually my own drawring.

PWz9GtB.png

HkHJTFl.png

ShQVbYu.png

So there you have it folks, the Tornado 5 and the flags i use. I hope you enjoy it :).

Mods used: B9, Firespitter, KAX, Flag Decals.

Download links:

Tornado 5:https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8x15mhuc11tb74/Tornado%205.craft?dl=0

Flags:https://www.dropbox.com/s/w31a7axqwzejfb5/Tails%20flags.zip?dl=0

Edited by kapteenipirk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.