[0.15+] Really Advanced Computer Systems Rev. 1.1 / Music Player! Countdown inside!

Naelo

How should the dynamic music be implemented?  

2,223 members have voted

1. 1. How should the dynamic music be implemented?

• Select a song for when a special event happens
    • One playlist for every situation
    • Other... (Post in Thread)

• 3 weeks later...

New Update!

I havent quite gotten around the dynamic music yet, but its 70% done and will come soon!

To keep some progress going, I implemented a Countdown feature. Press the countdown button, set throttle to full, activate SAS.

When the countdown is over, its going to active the first stage by itself.

Also, in the Spacecraft Editor, theres now a button to activate the editor music included in the standard game (you need to have the player attached for this to work).

The editor music is made by Squad.

Have Fun !

Edited by Naelo

It's nice that we finally can move the slider. But I do have a 'bug' or something else you might call it.

The music has some weird distorted tones in it. I tested this with several songs and played the songs on iTunes. iTunes sound is pretty much perfect but your music player has those distorted tones. Sounds like my speakers are broken, but luckily they're not =].

Hope this info does help you a bit. Can't remember the previous version had this.

• 2 weeks later...

This does not work for me at all. I put the parts in parts, the plugins in plugins, but the boombox on my craft, launched and nothing shows up. I also cannot find the editor.exe file.

I'm such a Derp! I totally forgot to add the editor to the new Release!

@tncm The plugin will not load if the config is missing. You need to setup your music library first.

If you can't wait, set it up by using a guide someone has posted earlier in this thread.

Unfortunately, I can't fix the download since I'm not at home.

If anyone has the MusicPlayer_ConfigTool.exe PLEASE upload it somewhere and send me the link via PM so I can fix my DL! Thanks!

Sorry for all the inconvenience, I currently dont have much time to maintain this plugin.

Just thought i'd say this, In the Screenshot, You have a song, within the song title it says "Lyric Video", This shows you have illegally downloaded it via an mp3 converter, you may wanna remove it and take a new one without those songs XD

Thanks, the problem was fixed when I followed these instructions by Delvar:

make sure you create the directory

KSP\PluginData\musicplayer

then in there create a file

music.cfg

edit the file in notepad++

then each line is a separate mp3

each line has 2 sections,

1. the full path tho the mp3

2. a short name that shows up in game,

these are separated with a ~.

Code:

C:\Users\Delvar\Desktop\KSP Music\2001 A Space Odyssey Opening.mp3~2001

C:\Users\Delvar\Desktop\KSP Music\David Bowie - Space Oddity (stereo version).mp3~SpaceOddity

C:\Users\Delvar\Desktop\KSP Music\Enterprise Theme Song.mp3~Enterprise

C:\Users\Delvar\Desktop\KSP Music\Europe - The Final Countdown (Official Video).mp3~FinalCountdown

C:\Users\Delvar\Desktop\KSP Music\frank sinatra fly me to the moon.mp3~FlyMeToTheMoon

hope this helps someone.

It helped me!

Also, you can find the function to copy a path by Shift+Right click on Windows.

Hope this helps someone :D

Am I the only one getting really bad quality? It is really poppy, and bad...

Edit: So the way it seems is that the GUI makes the music poppy. But when you press F2 and go into cinematic mode (No GUI) It is of good quality. What do you think OP?

Edited by tncm

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

I have a bit more time now and finally got around to fixing the download and re-including the editor.

As you may have noticed this project was a bit on hiatus.

I will be working on the plugin today. There will be a small update today including support for other formats (such as .wav , .ogg),

which should sort out the sound problems.

I also think I can finally finish the dynamic music by tomorrow, it's been done 80% all the time but I never finished it.

• 2 weeks later...

Aah nice. I'm looking foward to the next release.

I already like the player how it is now. it is already working fantastic!

So I'll give this topic 5 stars!

Maybe it might get some more attention, because I think it deserves more people using it. :)

• 8 months later...