Can't do orbital survey

Are you in the right orbital parameters? The orbit needs to be circularized somewhat.

Polar, Ap 89, peri 80

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a forum game or an ore survey of Eve that you're just doing for fun?

If it's something else, you are more likely to receive help if you try explaining your situation and problem properly.

Science mode. Looking for Mun base location. Get to the Mun, establish orbit, establish polar orbit, circularize, 1010 electricity, open scanner...click click click on the "Perform orbital survey" button.

Is that what you're looking for?

Oh. I used a fairing, which made me paranoid the electricity was being blocked, but the scanner will open and close.

[quote name='CosmicCharlie']Polar, Ap 89, peri 80

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Science mode. Looking for Mun base location. Get to the Mun, establish orbit, establish polar orbit, circularize, 1010 electricity, open scanner...click click click on the "Perform orbital survey" button.

[/QUOTE]

In science mode you don't have to click the "perform survey" button, placing the scanner in the correct orbit does the scan automatically. If you focus on the Mun you should find the ore survey results are available.

"No resource data available. you will need to perform an orbital survey first."

:confused:OK, now my scans in career mode have disappeared. I know I did them, because I saved the ship. Try again and report back.:confused:

OK. Got to the Mun, opened the scanner, and it already had the ore concentration and "toggle overlay" displayed. No "perform orbital scan" button.

What the fizzle donkey shizzle?

Same with Minmus, already had the ore concentration.

If you destroy the scanner, do the results disappear? Surely not.

Only now the dad-ratted overlay won't appear.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness.

And now the mun says I need to perform an orbital survey. Edited by CosmicCharlie

Is it only unavailable when viewing in the tracking station or have you lost the scans when you're actually at the planet/moon? Mine shows unavailable in the tracking station but is still there when I'm at the target body regardless of whether the scanner is still there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.