Contract Bug

Hi

I have a contract about exploring Duna. Everything went fine -my probe landed and submittes data... But i never got the "Land on Duna" checkmark. So i sent another craft to land an Duna and again i didn't get the contract done.

How can i not land but submit data from surface? 2 times. :(

hello. welcome to the forums, looking from your report it seems to correspond with some other bugs i have noticed in the support sub forum. Can you please provide some more information like pics and save files? also what version of KSP are you running on- 1.0.5.1028 or 1.0.5.1024?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/138829-Possible-new-bug-Cannot-complete-orbital-station-contract-%281-0-5%29

also have a look at this thread it might help you

Edited by EladDv

Thanks for the alt+F12 hint -it worked. Sadly it spoiled my savegame as the problem is solved now.
Sry for wrong thread btw. :kiss:

Information:
I got the steam version so it should be the newest version.
Its not an old savegame or contract as i started a new career with the new patch.

(i can't upload images -just link them... :mad:) Anyway its an small probe on chute in the first try and a whole rocket with engines and propellant in the second try. I landed in Duna lowlands and midlands. Both did not complete my contract to land on duna. Both submitted data from surface.

I know this is the unmodded forum, but for the sake of completeness, do you have any (including official) addons installed? When you initially landed on Duna, did a passive World First milestone (the blue notification) trigger for landing on Duna?

At first landing i had installed 1.04 mods Kerbal engineer redux and stage recovery. I wasn't sure if thats the problem so i deleted both folders and had my second try -without any mody and again withour success. I'm not sure if i got the milestone but you should see it in the savegame.

I believe I have found the issue in your save file here...

[CODE]
PARAM
{
name = LandOnBody
id = Land
enabled = False
state = Incomplete
values = 0,0,0,3,0
body = 6
}
[/CODE]

The contract is active, and this objective is incomplete, but it isn't enabled, which means it will not respond to events, like landing. I'm unsure what could have disabled this for you, as the only thing that would disable it (on Explore contracts) is completion of the contract. Try changing that to "True", and see if it will finish for you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.