I just discovered something about IVA.

RogueMason

Hey folks, just thought I'd pop in to share something. I don't know if this is known information, so tell me if I'm stating something that's been said before :)

You know how you can double-click certain locations in IVA mode and the camera will shift to that perspective? I was doing that in the new Mk1 cockpit, and I clicked the hatch at the back of the cabin, below the docking controls, hoping to see if that had any effect. Well, it definitely had an effect:

[url=http://imgur.com/Xqa4KAb][img]http://i.imgur.com/Xqa4KAb.png[/img][/url]

It transitioned [I]into[/I] the crew cabin behind the cockpit! There's no-one in this cabin! You can even change the camera in here, too:

[url=http://imgur.com/rqTgQA8][img]http://i.imgur.com/rqTgQA8.png[/img][/url]

You can move about an entire vessel in IVA (well, within reason)! My mind is very thoroughly blown :confused:

I've only seen this with the Mk1 Cockpit and Cabin so far, but that's because I came straight here the moment I stumbled across it. It may well work in some other IVAs, too. Only one way to find out... :wink:

I think it was shown during the 1.0.5 streams in KSPTV. At least the Mk1 and the Mk3 Cockpit were shown to do so.
But it already somewhat existed before 1.0.5: you could double click windows to get the view "from" the window.

Edit: wait, I just noticed you meant you could actually change parts in IVA. I don't remember seeing this before, nice! Edited by Gaarst

RogueMason, it is nobody because you are alone ? You can make a addon request. A kerbal sits at the table or at a window, if you are two in the pod. One is controling the pod and one is on the other room. If it is only one, the next room will be empty. What version you are using, 1.0.5 ?

[quote name='RogueMason']
You can move about an entire vessel in IVA (well, within reason)! My mind is very thoroughly blown :confused:

[/QUOTE]

Might I suggest the RasterPropMonitor mod; it's been a real treat doing all IVA flights, there's nothing like the master alarm going off, the camera shaking like crazy and explosions all around you and you have no idea what's going on :P

[quote name='roarke']RogueMason, it is nobody because you are alone ? You can make a addon request. A kerbal sits at the table or at a window, if you are two in the pod. One is controling the pod and one is on the other room. If it is only one, the next room will be empty. What version you are using, 1.0.5 ?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at with that add-on request comment... :huh:

This is 1.0.5. There's 1 Kerbal on the jet in this scenario, in the cockpit. I went into IVA, viewing from the perspective of the pilot, and you can double-click certain locations in the IVA to move the camera, but I found you can transition into another IVA by double-clicking on a connecting hatch, even if there are no Kerbals in the part you're transitioning to.

[quote name='Pixely']Might I suggest the RasterPropMonitor mod; it's been a real treat doing all IVA flights, there's nothing like the master alarm going off, the camera shaking like crazy and explosions all around you and you have no idea what's going on :P[/QUOTE]

LOL that does sound awesome. I can highly recommend the ship sounds mod. It is fantastic, if not a little disconcerting.

I really like this too, although it seems to be exclusive to the new parts, mk1 inline, mk1 nose mount, mk1 inline tuna can (the cabin for 2 kerbals). I havent found any of this in MK2 pits yet (but i may be wrong), and i dont use the MK3 at all really as i dont make massive airplanes (actually i dont make any airplanes unless they are space capable) or shuttle replicas (into sci-fi more then realisty in KSP, you dont see many shuttles in any movies that involve capital ships broadsiding and firing at each other) all too much.

I think some of the older pits need to have it added (like the mk2), and id really love a do over of the other pods. really the only old pod im 100% content with in appearance is the 2.5m hitchhiker can. That one for some odd reason (its not as clean as the new parts ofc) just looks kerbaly, but seems to have nice detail both externally and internally, and doesnt have badly sized attach nodes. Also, the cupola and the mk1 lander can are both pretty good too as they are decently made.

Aside from that the mk1 pod needs to be at a bare minimum resized so its top node doesnt look bad with a dock port attached (it looks terrible with anything but a parachute), and the 1.3-2.5m cockpit is also terrible, it looks a little bad externally, internals are cramped and one of the kerbals doesnt even have a single window to look out of, ohh, and well, the node at the top is kinda smallish too for some reason though it doesnt stand out as badly as the mk1 command pod does.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.