PSA Master Thread

This is a master thread for any and all PSA related threads can be merged into. I will also update this OP to include quick go to links for every major PSA included within this thread.

Mods, if you feel you [I]don't[/I] want to help assemble this thread or that it for some reason isn't worthy of keeping, just simply [B][U]delete[/U][/B] it. No need to make a big fuss. There was a mention of this idea from the community and I personally felt up to managing it. If this thread gets a few merges, I will remove this message and replace it with a table of contents.

Community managed threads are fine. Though I would ask what your aim is that's [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67467"]different from a thread such as this[/URL]?

Cheers,
~Claw

[quote name='Claw']Community managed threads are fine. Though I would ask what your aim is that's [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67467"]different from a thread such as this[/URL]?

Cheers,
~Claw[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to speak directly to a community leader.

There are some differences, the biggest is that this will be for PSAs, and PSAs don't always include major lessons which is the point of the thread you linked. Some PSAs only have minor "discoveries" or are actually short "rage" responses.

The main point is to gather anything under the heading of PSA. If again, you feel this doesn't satisfy a full purpose and that other thread manages these subjects better feel free to delete this. I dont want to make a big deal over it.

[quote name='r4pt0r']Some sort of PSA ban would be nice.[/QUOTE]

This is meeting in the middle. It will make PSAs less rampant and put them where anyone who WANTS to see an open PSA can be seen.

They can't outright delete those threads, that's not ethical. But by doing this, it removes the clutter and meets the best of both worlds.

I hope that you understand I'm trying to help people like you.

I just add people starting PSA threads into ignore list. I know I don't want to read anything they say on any matter.

Edit: same goes for "tell me what to build" and "tell me where to go" people, especially if followed by "I want to write a story about it".

Geez, what 's with the hostility guys... If you dont like a thread, dont read it and dont comment on it.

Banning Thread-Topics and ignoring People is [U][SIZE=5]not [/SIZE][/U]what made this community to the one it is today: Open-minded, helpfull and a funny place to spend your time in.

Rethink your intentions.

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']Some PSAs only have minor "discoveries" or are actually short "rage" responses.[/QUOTE]

Well, as I said...community managed threads are fine.

If the idea is to have a thread full of rants...please remember, threads about rants and rages often turn sour rather quickly. If there is another intent, we also have "post your fails", "post your success", and "what you learned" type threads.

And no, we don't ban topics just because we don't like them. We ban topics that are against forum rules, or cause incessant problems.

Good luck.

Cheers,
-Claw

I will admit that whenever I see the three letters PSA I cringe a little. Having them all tucked away out of my sight would be nice. And this thread itself could be a pretty good central place for them.

I never thought to silence people for these reasons, though. I may look into that.

[quote name='Claw']Well, as I said...community managed threads are fine.

If the idea is to have a thread full of rants...please remember, threads about rants and rages often turn sour rather quickly. If there is another intent, we also have "post your fails", "post your success", and "what you learned" type threads.

And no, we don't ban topics just because we don't like them. We ban topics that are against forum rules, or cause incessant problems.

Good luck.

Cheers,
-Claw[/QUOTE]

The idea is to put all PSA labeled topics here in one place. I do not want to continue these threads nor theyre rants. Any inappropriate behavior will be reported immedtiately. Basically a PSA Mather thread... As the name suggests. The reason this is different is because this is dedicated to anything under that name which may not be "successes" or "failures". They may be rage topics but I do not want to continue.

[quote name='MalfunctionM1Ke']Geez, what 's with the hostility guys... If you dont like a thread, dont read it and dont comment on it.

Banning Thread-Topics and ignoring People is [U][SIZE=5]not [/SIZE][/U]what made this community to the one it is today: Open-minded, helpfull and a funny place to spend your time in.

Rethink your intentions.[/QUOTE]

Right, that's IT!
I've had it with you coming around being [I]reasonable[/I] all the time and I'm not putting up with it any more, you're going on my ignore list.
... Damn, I've been ignoring that list so long I can't remember where I put it.

[B]PSA[/B]: Ignoring lists doesn't achieve much apparently; the lists just get on with their own lives.

Well the problem is not the PSA, it's that people take them as if they were comments from the developers themselves. It adds to misinformation. For some reason the letters "PSA" seem to translate to "Trust everything you read within without question."

[quote name='Alshain']Well the problem is not the PSA, it's that people take them as if they were comments from the developers themselves. It adds to misinformation. For some reason the letters "PSA" seem to translate to "Trust everything you read within without question."[/QUOTE]

Hence why there is better places to get the information from.

I think that this thread has already stirred argument. If you don't want the mods to lock it, calm down and just let it be. Honestly, if I was a mod, I'd lock it right now.

[quote name='CliftonM']I think that this thread has already stirred argument. If you don't want the mods to lock it, calm down and just let it be. Honestly, if I was a mod, I'd lock it right now.[/QUOTE]

Your not making it any better by complaining about the arguing.

Arguments end [B][I][U]now[/U][/I][/B]. No more discussing about them or starting any. From here on, we focus on any merged topics. Meaning, until a PSA is merged, this thread should remain silent.

Alright, this got off to a bad start.

We've decided to lock this one up, but if ZooNamedGames would like to maintain an index of PSA threads then he is welcome to start another one. Perhaps it would be better to include some links to existing PSA threads judged to be important enough for inclusion. We will not be merging in other threads, as PSA threads are on a variety of topics nad that would intermingle the various conversations, plus it would encourage duplicate threads (checking for titles about the topic would not show a merged PSA thread).

In the meantime, there is nothing inherently wrong with PSA threads, despite being disliked by some. Some of them have good conversations going on in them, others less so; to my eye at least it is not a good determinant of the quality of a thread. I encourage people who dislike the PSA prefix to just ignore it and see whether the actual topic is interesting to you, no need to fill threads with complaints about the prefix itself.