Sad News

Sampa

Ok, this just happened the last couple of days and I had no time to post.
My family was adopted by this cat, who we believe was an inside cat that was just dumped on the side of the road. Because it always knew when we were going to walk out a door and which door, we named the cat Radar. This was about two months ago. Earlier this week, we noticed that his back legs were not working correctly. My parents took him to the vet two days ago, where he was kept overnight to run tests. Yesterday, the vet called my mom and told her that Radar's condition had worsened (his legs had stiffened) and that they found a Tumor on his spine. This was an irreversible condition so my parents chose to have Radar put down.

Radar, I miss your happy meow whenever I left the house to go somewhere. ;.; Edited by Sampa

That sucks I'm sorry to hear that. We had to put our feline of 18 years down memorial day last year. That was hard. As silly as it sounds... It was harder on me then when a relative dies.

We've gotten another kitten since then and she's a treat. Not one problem. Got a really soft spot for cats for some reason. Any other animal? I could care less.. it's strange.

[quote name='r4pt0r']My cat of 7 years passed away a year and a half ago, and then my dog of 14 years passed away almost exactly a year ago.

In high school my cat would always cuddle up next to me on my bed while I played video games, so I keep a picture of him next to my gaming PC.

There were times growing up with my dog(A big black German Shepard/black lab mix) we would be on the couch, and he would turn around to watch a squirrel in the yard, and so I would watch the squirrel with him. He drooled a lot looking at those squirrels haha :D

Cherish the memories. You will always have a space in your heart for your pets, they loved you just as much as you loved them. [/QUOTE]

Even for as short a time as you knew each other, you gained a friend.

Be well, Sampa.

Sorry to hear that man. Loosing an animal, even if you only had him for a few months, is really hard... My dog is gonna go soon aswell. I've had that dog for 13 and a half years... He's my brother. I don't live with him anymore, as he was in love with my mother so when I moved out from my parents place a few years ago it's my parents who kept the dog... Now that my mom passed away, my dad is alone with the dog, and the dog has always been unhealthy, he always had weird (and super costly) issues... not he's a few months away from the inevitable if we are lucky, a few weeks if not... I'll miss that dog so much :'(

[quote name='EuSouONumero345']I have a cat, too. And as they're always so close to us, I can imagine how hard it must be to go through this.
I've had my cat since he was born, and that was 1 year ago, I think. So he's young? I've never had a cat before, so it's a new experience which I've enjoined so far.
Btw, do cats love candy?[/QUOTE]

Careful with "human" food... Candies are already bad for a 150 pounds human... imagine for a 10-15 pounds cat... lol. There is also food thats super dangerous for animals. Example: never. EVER give chocolate to a dog. It can actually kill him. Grapes are extremely bad for them aswell...

Not sure about cats, but I'd definately stick to cat food. If you want to give him a special treat once in a while, check with a vet that its not gonna be dangerous for him!

[quote name='Thunder_86']Careful with "human" food... Candies are already bad for a 150 pounds human... imagine for a 10-15 pounds cat... lol. There is also food thats super dangerous for animals. Example: never. EVER give chocolate to a dog. It can actually kill him. Grapes are extremely bad for them aswell...

Not sure about cats, but I'd definately stick to cat food. If you want to give him a special treat once in a while, check with a vet that its not gonna be dangerous for him![/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, I'll be sure to not give him junk food.
I asked because every time it sees people eating chocolate or candy in general, it starts meowing really loud, as if it really wanted some. Edited by EuSouONumero345

Sorry to hear that. My cat is my family. He's 15 now but he is a healthy 18 lb sweetheart with really long sharp claws and teeth. Glad he is mostly gentle. Dont know how much longer he will live but I know its going to be hard on me when he goes. My heart goes out to you. I love animals.

I forgot to mention that this cat chose me, I didnt choose him. Funny how life works sometimes.

• 2 months later...

I'm afraid that I have to report another sad loss: we had to put our 15 year old cat Shiva to sleep last saturday. She suffered from HCM and lost the battle. She was not only a loyal friend and member of the family, but also a fan of smooth jazz music and a pleasant companion during many KSP missions. We miss her ... ;.;

Edited by lodger
spelling

• 6 months later...
On 11/19/2015 at 10:42 AM, fireblade274 said:

I have a yorki named Radar, he was just diagnosed with cushings disease :(

he should be ok for a bit though.

I had Yorkshire as well, we had to put him down a few years ago due to a non-cancerous tumor. Last I saw of him was wrapped in a blanket like a baby when I left for school that morning. Now I feel like curling up in an unhappy ball after reading this.

On 11/19/2015 at 11:13 AM, Thunder_86 said:

I have a cat, too. And as they're always so close to us, I can imagine how hard it must be to go through this.

I've had my cat since he was born, and that was 1 year ago, I think. So he's young? I've never had a cat before, so it's a new experience which I've enjoined so far.
Btw, do cats love candy?

Careful with "human" food... Candies are already bad for a 150 pounds human... imagine for a 10-15 pounds cat... lol. There is also food thats super dangerous for animals. Example: never. EVER give chocolate to a dog. It can actually kill him. Grapes are extremely bad for them aswell...

Not sure about cats, but I'd definately stick to cat food. If you want to give him a special treat once in a while, check with a vet that its not gonna be dangerous for him!

While it's not healthy,  my Yorkshire ate - I kid you not - an entire box of chocolates. He was a fatS.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.