More orbit lines (after a fly by)

Hello forums!

Lately I've been launching all my interstellar missions directly into a encounter orbit with their supposed target. How I launch those is in the spoiler 

Spoiler

First I wait till there is a launch encounter (tnx Kerbal Alarm Clock).

Then I use a sat I've got in a low Kerbal orbit (70*70km) to make a encounter node whereby my apohelion is very close to the target.

Then I wait till the launchpad is just before that node and launch my mission trying to closely match the node on the

This tactic works great, I do not have to stop in a low kerbal orbit and circularize and I do not have to deal with turning giant ships in orbit. I simply keep on burning.

But a problem I do have is that I can't really see what my craft will do once it enters the target SOI. I am working on a Jool mission and I intent to use Tylo as a gravity assist to slow me down. Yet when my craft is on it's orbit towards Jool I cannot see what my craft will do after it encounters Tylo. The manouver node lines and orbit lines stop at the last SOI change (tylo -> Jool).

Is it possible to get more lines drawn. I do remember it was possible in the early days by changing a parameter in a settings file. Yet I cannot remmeber which.

you can right click the target or it's orbit and "focus view". then you see your trajectory at the target. sometimes it's very short and almost impossible to see. this get's better when you close in. you can put a maneuver there to plan slingshots or captures. if ksp stops drawing flightpaths, put a 0m/s maneuver there and keep on planning. 

also mechjeb let's you set conics mode in maneuver planner.

edit:  the "focus view" thing

Edited by MircoMars

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.