KGSS Journal Volume. I Edition. 1

Rich

Introducing the first edition of the KGSS Journal, please download and take a read.

KGSS Journal Volume I, Edition 1 .pdf

front-cover.png

Want to contribute?

If you'd like to be a part of future editions, please send your proposal to togfox via forum private message.

Search tags: Gathering Map Data, Polar Orbits, Mapping Satellite

Edited by Rich

Well done! Wait, maybe I\'m getting this wrong, but I can polar orbit with 4 tanks. Perhaps I\'m doing it incorrectly? Because as I know, the orbit is supposed to rotate around itself at the speed of Kerbin, right?

Post your craft file and we\'ll see if its polar orbit worthy. :)

It\'s literally:

Pod

Decoupler

SAS

Fuel x4

Standard Engine

(and if I\'m feeling unconfident, I\'ll add some SRB\'s around.)

However, instead of pointing directly north, I\'ll actually go slightly left of it, to counter the rotation of Kerbin.

The article has undergone peer review and generated scientific discussion, just like real science. ping111, would you entertain the idea of writing your own polar orbit guide for edition 2 of the journal?

The article has undergone peer review and generated scientific discussion, just like real science. ping111, would you entertain the idea of writing your own polar orbit guide for edition 2 of the journal?

Ooh, I\'d love to! PM me some guidelines or ideas, if you may.

Yeah.... Sorry I kinda ruined your article. :-[

No worries, you didn\'t ruin anything. In the article, I did say

...there are two ways to do this: inclination change and direct launch. The most efficient way to achieve a polar orbit is to launch your craft directly on a northward (or southward) heading.
But that important bit was buried in A LOT of stuff about inclination change. So it\'s easy to miss. (With infinite time to write that article, I would have punched that up, and added a screenshot of a nice rocket flying south with KSP off in the distance.)

So you have actually helped a lot, by emphasizing the most efficient method. Like Rich said, peer review and scientific discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

It is almost finished however, our editor is away for a few days so we are waiting for his return before publishing :D

Aww. Well, I\'d just like to say that I am new to the whole community, but I read through this, a good part of the KGSS, and voted on the naming continents. I like the way this is being handled, and this journal, can\'t wait to see the next one. ^^

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.