Stupid Keostationary contract won't complete

Yes. I know what you're thinking right now. 'Are you orbiting in the right direction?' Trust me. I am.

I am at the correct altitude, inclination, direction. I have all the equipment required by the contract. ALL requirements are met and are ticked off green. All except one. "Keep line of sight with ..."
When 'activating navigation' with the required target the marker almost perfectly overlaps with my Rad- marker. I am almost directly over head. Shutting down the game, restarting and returning to the mission sometimes resolves an issue like this on other craft but in this case it does nothing.

I spend a crap load of funds on this mission as the rewards are even bigger. I do not want to lose it, my space program currently can not take the financial penalties.

screenshot1.png

Edited by Tex_NL

I've run into this many times. You forgot something. I don't know what it is, but you will facepalm when you find it. Keep looking.

EDIT: By chance did you accidentally launch the craft before accepting the contract? Sometimes they show the orbits on the map even when the contract is just available, but not yet accepted. This has fooled me before. Accepting after launch does you no good.

Edited by cephalo

I really have no idea, but heres a thought...Do you have an omni antenna on the sat that has the range to fully cover Kerbin?...IF not and you are using a dish, is the dish actually POINTED at Kerbin, and I assume if you have a dish, you already have it set with Kerbin as target...???

I only ask, because I dont know if dishes need to also be physically pointed, so their target falls within the cone...???

Edited by Stone Blue

3 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

Yes. I know what you're thinking right now. 'Are you orbiting in the right direction?' Trust me. I am. (...)

Can we make this a sticky? I wish there were more questions like this, pre-emptively shutting down the obvious questions (instead of reacting angrily when asked about and then it turns out to be the cause anyway...) and proving that “the obvious causes” have been checked.

As for the answer: no clue. Sorry. Agree with you that based on the picture, yes, it should complete. I wonder what's going on.

44 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Can we make this a sticky? I wish there were more questions like this, pre-emptively shutting down the obvious questions (instead of reacting angrily when asked about and then it turns out to be the cause anyway...) and proving that “the obvious causes” have been checked.

As for the answer: no clue. Sorry. Agree with you that based on the picture, yes, it should complete. I wonder what's going on.

I started with that as the first thing that comes to my mind when I see similar questions is 'Are you orbiting in the right direction?'

To answer the other questions; It does never matter where your antennae are pointing. It never has and it most likely never will. But I did actually point all dishes towards Kerbin for RPG. And yes, I did indeed accept the mission in advance. As Kerbart said, there is no reason it should not complete. And to my complete surprise it suddenly did. I have absolutely no idea why, but it did.
There is something seriously wrong with the contract system.

Edited by Tex_NL

26 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

(...) there is no reason it should not complete. And to my complete surprise it suddenly did. I have absolutely no idea why, but it did. (...)

I bet somewhere else some of your Kerbals tragically died and that was considered to be sufficient sacrifice to The Kraken.

Hmmm... I'm sure you know some contracts have time requirements, such as once you meet all contract requirements, another is that you have to hold and maintain, stably, some requirement(s) for a given length of time... Maybe someone forgot to show a required time requirement to the list of contract requirements?... lol

Edited by Stone Blue

Well, I had the same problem until now, thanks to this topic.

For me, it turn ou to be an inclination problem, it seems that for synchronous orbit the "reasonable deviation" was very, very, very tight. When I remember some of other orbit missions I did, they were not as demanding as they were for a sync' orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.