Saturn V! 99.99% stock! 1.0.4

Yay Woohoo! I don't really know how much Saturn V rocket replicas are on here and I just wanted to share my creation.

SOOOO, Saturn V. All of you probably know about the events of Apollo 11 and the other manned landings on the Moon and wondered "Hey I wanna try flying this in KSP! Sadly every single craft file I find has REALLY high part counts which lags out my PC since they try to accurately recreate the rocket as much as possibly!"

Well, I HAVE SOMETHING FOR THAT. Introducing my crappy Saturn V rocket which doesn't look anything like the real one! I made this rocket in less than one hour with only non-colored pictures to work on and NONE of them were detailed enough so the LM might be a little crappy and i don't know if its supposed to have RCS since it's my design and it doesn't look anything like the real one! (But I had fun making this and it requires a few mods)

In my version of the Saturn V, I prioritized it to be able to reach the Mun and back without explosions so that no one will have to suffer a Kerballed version of Apollo 13 (a few tests showed that this rocket can reach Minmus if none of the Apollo mission events were properly followed and all fuel was used but I ended up being stranded in orbit around Kerbin).

I'm not entirely sure about the different stuff the Saturn V has so I will be open for suggestions on improvement or you can edit it yourself.

Screenshots, I'll add more soon (I accidentally jettisoned the fairing during the Trans-Munar injection burn since the staging is still wrong, I will fix it though)

Spoiler

I don't know how to add an album so here's the link instead:

http://imgur.com/a/LoZ5S

Qx3xazB.png

iT0LcJS.png

1bC6est.png

Mods

Spoiler

TweakScale

MechJeb (Just for a case I smacked on the Lander, remove it if you want)

Look at that! Only 2 mods and one isn't even necessary!

Craft File

Spoiler

http://www./download/9wfv7653f33e26g/Saturn_V.craft

Note: I have only tested this on 1.0.4, I don't know how it will work on 1.0.5

Also, The staging needs a bit of tweaking, I'll leave you to find out about the problem ;) (I will change this soon)

Action Groups

1- Fires and decouples the LES

Abort - Decouples the CM and fires the Les while deploying the parachutes

(I think the parachutes should actually be in a different action group)

Remember, please don't post mean things about it because of reasons stated above and I thought that other people should enjoy this.

And I'm still new on this forum so a little positive feedback would be nice.

Edited by Greenhornet553
Screenshots, always the screenshots

6 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Nothing mean here :) but maybe you could push some pictures of it, 'cause I can't download .craft files on an iPhone, ya know? :D

Ehh... I'll see what I can do since me and my family just moved to a new house and we've been busy doing....stuff

I have screenshots up now :)

Edited by Greenhornet553

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.