Stop free tumble

Conbadicus

28 minutes ago, worir4 said:

Kind of cheating, but you can use time warp to stop rotation.

Yes this^^

Because of the way time warp works it freezes all rotation, and it doesn't restart when you stop warping.

So just tap the > key and then the < key a few seconds later.  Yes it is 'cheating' in a way, but its a standard feature of how the stock game works so its kind of not either.  I do it all the time.

1 hour ago, Conbadicus said:

Any way to recover from tumbling while on eva quicker? My craft was spinning, and try to get back on board, ship hit my kerbal and just spun for like a minute. Why cant he use the RCS to stabilize ? 

To answer your question more directly, I think the idea is that when a Kerbal has been struck hard enough he's either too dazed, disoriented or stunned to respond for a bit. So it's not that his RCS doesn't work or isn't operating, it's just that he's incapable of utilizing it. 

Ok, i made the post because its not a 5 second daze, it lasts quite a long time.

For example, falling out of lander on mun and sliding alllllll the way down a crater.... took like a minute.

Currently sliding down a crater, over 1.5km from where i originally started sliding....

Ok, i made the post because its not a 5 second daze, it lasts quite a long time.

For example, falling out of lander on mun and sliding alllllll the way down a crater.... took like a minute.

Currently sliding down a crater, over 1.5km from where i originally started sliding....

Are you still in 1.0.4?  There was an issue with the female rag doll.

Also, depending how the code was written, the game may register each impact with the crater wall to be a distinct "daze-level-event". This would result in the player witnessing his Kerbal slide down the wall, limp and unresponsive.

Its 1.0.5, but infact there was no impact in this case. Like, if I just set down on the surface its like he takes off skiing down the slope. In the case, not even tumbling. But the game im sure is registering it as a tumble, compounded by the speed...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.