A good satilite mod.

I need a mod that introduces satellites for a possible movie I\'m making.

It needs to not be over complicated and not got far from being stock (meaning that if it can give you a back massage while serving you coffee, it\'s not the mod for me)

But it needs to be able to do things like aim its solar pannels at kerbol and/or point at the nearst planet.

any suggestions?

Novapunch.

however

But it needs to be able to do things like aim its solar pannels at kerbol and/or point at the nearst planet.

I\'ve never seen that.

PowerSat. Enough said. It doesn\'t even need a decoupler. Bring it up, click on it in the 3d view (or rightclick? don\'t remember), and choose Deploy. Make sure to back up from it afterwards. It does the rest by itself.

Personally, I am now in process of setting up a sat network of powersats to use with SatelliteRelays_v0_5.zip. My first installment is a 450km equatorial orbit (which takes 1 hour to complete), with 20 minutes between launches (rather one or two hours and 20 minutes). Going to put 3 sats on a triangle, to give me coverage for the planned unmanned (remote-controlled through the sats) mission to set up a similar system on Mun. Then there will be time for unmanned Mun base landings, and then a manned mission, so that my kerbals find the showers and zoke vending machines all ready on the Mun when they arrive : )

Also see my post at http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=14762.msg223160#msg223160, where I discuss a few mods to keep oneself busy.

I used the powertech stuff myself as well. Straight up deploy sat, it unfolds and done. If you want more fancy stuff, can use the novapunch satellites. Look up dynasat as well for some more variety, and a module that works with powertech so you can make your own or combine with other stuff.