Maneuver Node handle-drag modifier keys

meyerweb

I’d love to have a mod that did nothing more than modified the change rate on maneuver nodes through keyboard modifiers.  My first thought is that holding down [option] while dragging a node handle causes changes at one-tenth the normal rate, and holding down [⌘] causes changes at ten times the normal rate.  No UI needed, just those modifiers.  Of course, that means I’m on a Mac and the modifiers might not work for Windows, so I’m open to any modifiers that would make this a thing.  [ b ] and [ n ], maybe?

I know this capability is covered in Alshain’s excellent idea for a new maneuver node editing tool, which I would dearly love to see made real, but until the day someone manages to implement that whole system, this seems like a pretty easy mod—along the lines of the excellently small, focused stuff Snark has been creating.

I’m also aware of PreciseNode and its brethren.  I’ve tried them, and ended up uninstalling.  I like the handle interface; I’d just like to be able to use it more precisely and efficiently than is currently possible.  And yes, I know about the mouse wheel thing too.  Either my wheel and its configuration don’t mesh well with the node handles, or the implementation of that just isn’t right for what I’m after.

Edited by meyerweb
Fixed stupid forum formatting error

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.