Hover Challenge

Forget all this fancy shmancy orbiting and hauling garbage and rocks up to space. We need something down here on the planet that the Kerbin of Kearth can see. I challenge all pilots out there to hover above the ground for as long as you can. Now I understand that holding a rocket perfectly still is near impossible. So as long as the ship stays within the entire KSP space center and stays within 10m and 1500m, we should have a reasonable test of skill and fortitude.

In order to weed out the low-life pilots that try to lie and cheat their way into victory, we'll need several things from you. Actually, we only need one thing. A picture of the flight results displaying the Mission Time, Highest altitude achieved, and the space center has to be in the background. I video would be better, but I understand that most people don't have those capabilities.

Here's a crude first attempt. I failed, went over 1500m and outside of the space center.

• 3 years later...

On the face of it, cool challenge. I have a couple of VTOL jets that would probably set a pretty good benchmark.

But...

Can you embed your images in the post rather than attaching them? (people won't really want to download them) Imgur will host them for free if that's the problem.

A clear statement of the rules for parts, staging etc, allowed mods, scoring/ranking system etc would be a good idea.