It's been a long time since I played KSP.

Furious1964

64bit should appear with KSP 1.1 which, itself, will be available soon™.

So no 64bit for Windoze for now. On the other hand, you do not need W10 to run the game, and I'm pretty sure you still won't need it to run KSP 1.1.

Anyway, KSP is good don't abandon it! Look at it: it is sad ----> ;.;

7 minutes ago, Furious1964 said:

OK. I'm installing mods using CKAN and I'm having a problem with Infernal Robotics. The game reports it as being only playable with KSP version 1.0.2 when it's been updated for 1.0.5. Any help would be appreciated.

CKAN doesn't always "find" the latest version; in that case you'll need to download and install it manually here.

26 minutes ago, Furious1964 said:

OK. I'm installing mods using CKAN and I'm having a problem with Infernal Robotics. The game reports it as being only playable with KSP version 1.0.2 when it's been updated for 1.0.5. Any help would be appreciated.

Try updating the list of available mods. It shows up as compatible with 1.0.5 in my files, but it's possible I've already applied the workaround...

If you know that a mod is compatible with the current KSP version but the CKAN entry hasn't been updated (fairly common through the 1.0.x versions as few incompatible changes were made and not all mod authors kept up with their CKAN entries), you can fudge the compatibility by editing <KSP folder>\CKAN\registry.json and searching for the mod's name, then changing either ksp_version or ksp_version_max to 1.0.5 (change whichever one is not null). This will allow CKAN to install it for you. In essence it simulates what you'd have if you had installed it before updating to 1.0.5 and then didn't uninstall it. Note that the next time you update the list of available mods, it'll revert your change, so you need to install before updating. (Presumably this voids all sorts of CKAN warranties, so use at your own risk.)

42 minutes ago, Furious1964 said:

Hi there. I use 1.0.5 and I have Infernal Robotics fully working. I got all I needed below. Hope it helps you :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/104535-105-magic-smoke-industries-infernal-robotics-0214/

22 minutes ago, Furious1964 said:

Is anyone using KSP-AVC?

Hide contents

That is the thing that's saying IR is outdated.

I uninstall that if it gets pulled in as a dependency (and I say No if Mini-AVC wants to let a mod check for updates), and it generally works out fine. With CKAN managing updates for me, I don't need extra help with versioning.

Yes there is 64bit KSP for 1.0.5

Its called the 64bit workaround. I use it because I use 50-60 mods and I would run out of RAM otherwise.

It does take a little bit of work but is totally worth it. PM if you want more information or additional help. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.