Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

3 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

I just want a copy of it.  Actually, I changed my mind.  I'm going to get back to you.

Not a problem... Just let me know what you would like and I will make your idea come to life... or at least to a graphic...

10 minutes ago, XpertKerbalKSP said:

This seams like a really interesting thread! Quite a creative idea!

I have a just two questions: Can I design a launch vehicle too, and if you guys accept it and launch it, how do I know what time and day the livestream is?

Yes, just make sure it's RSS/RO compatible.  Also, we'd have to plan, and get it ready before launching.  With LV's, we'll add it to a list and pick which one is used for each launch.  If yours is chosen, we'll give you a ping.  The next lifestream is in planning currently because of the scrub.  It should be sometime in the next two weeks.

23 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

Yes, just make sure it's RSS/RO compatible.  Also, we'd have to plan, and get it ready before launching.  With LV's, we'll add it to a list and pick which one is used for each launch.  If yours is chosen, we'll give you a ping.  The next lifestream is in planning currently because of the scrub.  It should be sometime in the next two weeks.

Great, thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, XpertKerbalKSP said:

This seams like a really interesting thread! Quite a creative idea!

I have a just two questions: Can I design a launch vehicle too, and if you guys accept it and launch it, how do I know what time and day the livestream is?

Thanks! ^_^

Hi, XpertKerbalKSP!

By all means, we could use some more LVs.

Do you think you could make an Atlas V- replica type vehicle?
Here's what I'm thinking- RD-180 first stage, AJ10 upper stage. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_V

The almost-full mods list (we just have to find a mod which has the RD-180) is:

Action Groups Extended
Advanced Jet Engines
Community Resource Pack
Deadly Reentry
FASA
FAR
kOS
Procedural Fairings
Procedural Fairings- For Everything!
Procedural Parts
RealChute
RealFuels
RealHeat
RealPlume
Stock Extension
TAC Life Support
Vens Stock Revamp

Plus, of course, Realism Overhaul and Real Solar System.

Edited by Dman979

6 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Here's what I'm thinking- RD-180 first stage, AJ10 upper stage.

Remember that we're phasing out soviet engines.  Real scale boosters has one though.

Just now, CliftonM said:

Remember that we're phasing out soviet engines.  Real scale boosters has one though.

Yes, I remember, I made that decision. :P
I asked NathanKell which mods have an RD-180, so I'm checking them out now. Any additional information you might have is always welcome, though.

1 minute ago, Dman979 said:

Yes, I remember, I made that decision. :P
I asked NathanKell which mods have an RD-180, so I'm checking them out now. Any additional information you might have is always welcome, though.

There's en entire Atlas V, and other ones.

4 hours ago, CliftonM said:

We're working on it.  Likely some time in the afternoon.  (Eastern Time)

I'm building a new Twitch channel for RSP:

https://www.twitch.tv/realspaceprogram

Is this the channel on which the launch will happen?  I'm trying to set up a follow with notification so it will tell me when you start streaming it and I want to know which channel I should be doing it on.

4 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Hi, XpertKerbalKSP!

By all means, we could use some more LVs.

Do you think you could make an Atlas V- replica type vehicle?
Here's what I'm thinking- RD-180 first stage, AJ10 upper stage. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_V

The almost-full mods list (we just have to find a mod which has the RD-180) is:

Action Groups Extended
Advanced Jet Engines
Community Resource Pack
Deadly Reentry
FASA
FAR
kOS
Procedural Fairings
Procedural Fairings- For Everything!
Procedural Parts
RealChute
RealFuels
RealHeat
RealPlume
Stock Extension
TAC Life Support
Vens Stock Revamp

Plus, of course, Realism Overhaul and Real Solar System.

Hi, Mate!

About the RD-180, I just downloaded the soviet engines pack and it has the RD-180 as well as some other Russian engines, so that's problem solved. However, I'm not so sure which AJ-10 you are mentioning. As far as I know, Centaur Upper Stages have a single or two RL-10's.

But if you mean I could create my own rocket in the style of an Atlas V, then could you please specify which type of AJ-10 you want (the ones I have are the puny, low thrust ones, which I'm sure would NOT work for an Atlas V styled rocket) and what mod I can find it on.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, XpertKerbalKSP said:

about the RD-180, I just downloaded the soviet engines pack and it has the RD-180 as well as some other Russian engines, so that's problem solved. However, I'm not so sure which AJ-10 you are mentioning. As far as I know, Centaur Upper Stages have a single or two RL-10's.

Sorry but we are phasing out soviet engine pack due to lack of availability and support, we'll be switching to "Real Scale Boosters" after the upcoming launch

3 hours ago, EladDv said:

Sorry but we are phasing out soviet engine pack due to lack of availability and support, we'll be switching to "Real Scale Boosters" after the upcoming launch

Oh. do you guys have trouble finding the download? If so, then there's a mirror right here: http://www.This website cannot be used on these forums/download/rxcwv4q7an13zvw/SovietEngines.zip.

If that is not your problem, then I understand.

11 minutes ago, XpertKerbalKSP said:

Oh. do you guys have trouble finding the download? If so, then there's a mirror right here: http://www.This website cannot be used on these forums/download/rxcwv4q7an13zvw/SovietEngines.zip.

If that is not your problem, then I understand.

A) MediaFire is not allowed on these forums anymore due to Squad decision regarding inappropriate content on the site.

B) We have the mod pack it's just not being maintained, if you are to build a LV please use approved mods 

50 minutes ago, EladDv said:

A) MediaFire is not allowed on these forums anymore due to Squad decision regarding inappropriate content on the site.

B) We have the mod pack it's just not being maintained, if you are to build a LV please use approved mods 

ok then, I understand.

Thank you!

8 hours ago, XpertKerbalKSP said:

Hi, Mate!

About the RD-180, I just downloaded the soviet engines pack and it has the RD-180 as well as some other Russian engines, so that's problem solved. However, I'm not so sure which AJ-10 you are mentioning. As far as I know, Centaur Upper Stages have a single or two RL-10's.

But if you mean I could create my own rocket in the style of an Atlas V, then could you please specify which type of AJ-10 you want (the ones I have are the puny, low thrust ones, which I'm sure would NOT work for an Atlas V styled rocket) and what mod I can find it on.

Thanks!

Ooops, you got me there. I screwed up my engines and LVs.  :blush:

I meant the Delta II. Most of the specifications are on Wikipedia. Max payload to 28 deg 180x180km LEO is 6 tonnes. Please try to keep the partcount low, we're all running a lot of mods as it is. Also, it should be made in 1.05. We're not using 1.1 yet until all the mods have been updated.

We'll be sure to credit you when we use your LV. A warning, though- it might be a while in the future.

11 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

Is this the channel on which the launch will happen?  I'm trying to set up a follow with notification so it will tell me when you start streaming it and I want to know which channel I should be doing it on.

Yes, for now. We're also trying to set up a dedicated RSP channel, too. If you follow the one there now, it should be fine. We'll let you know when the channels switch.

13 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

Yes it is.  I will host it on my channel, as well, so that others who haven't gotten the memo can still watch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.